Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #71
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisenforcer View Post
Thanks man! I am shopping around for lights.
I have em, they are nice but occasionally you get a bad one and they go through batteries relatively quick. I'm not sure if I've just had bad luck but out of 2 sets (12) I got 2 bad ones, they seem to drain batteries even when they're not on. I sent them to fix but haven't heard for a while so v0v.

I've decided to just go with ikea pucks :<
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:45 AM   #72
Perfecto
Kindly Asked To Leave

Besta is definitely the way to go, and it doesn't get any better than these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
I am also a big fan of Besta. I think they look good and affordable I personally like beech effect color the best, but that's just me. I've noticed many collectors prefer black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francois_nor View Post
if you guys wanna see how the best fit for your PF and what i have for my display, check out my collection video... it will give u some info on what to expect... very similar to my buddy bigsilva77

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Wx5...&feature=g-upl
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Here is how I display mine.....Besta shelves at Ikea....o

Love them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Here's what the white Besta looks like. I couldn't go with the black/brown Bestas with my walls being so white. I haven't made the decision to get the doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsilva77 View Post
I seem to like the Besta's: You be the judge.

Except for this one. It was this collection that made me want to move up to 1/4 scale way back when nobody knew what besta was.

Perfecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:47 AM   #73
Perfecto
Kindly Asked To Leave

I also like the looks of these, but for my collection I'd never put heavy statues on glass shelves. Like the way they looks tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
I thought my detolf is soso. Need to get more besta!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post
These are my custom made cabinets.
There is many place for many PF s.
Tomorrow they bring the doors for my cabs.

I currently have black/brown besta cabinets in my media room and white in the loft just outside my office. Looking at getting some walnut bestas for a 20ft wall in my office tho. No matter which color you go, they all look good.
Perfecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #74
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loops View Post
Bestas from Ikea are awesome, I have two (6 shelf models) myself
Where is the pic bro?
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:33 AM   #75
nodakskip
Birdman

Hey guys loving the shelves pics and info but I was wondering something. I live in Fargo ND and the closest IKEA is near the Mall of America. Plus I dont think I could afford all the IKEA shelves at the moment even if one was closer.

Is there any shelves or furniture that will work as good from a normal store say Wallmart, Kmart, Office Depot, Home Depot...?

I have small spaces to fill so I can not display my entire collection. But I have tried to think outside the box for displaying. I did manage to get an older trophy case from one of the colleges here but there is no shelving in it anymore. Plus I had to take the lighting out because of the looked a little wonkey when i got it.

Two things that I have noticed do seem to work. Empty fish tanks (not kind sold as kits) from Petco. A 29 gallon high tank can hold 3 Sideshow Adam Hughes statues fine.

And older TV and Radio entertainment centers. Some older furniture set to hold the 80s style radios are empty with movable shelves with the glass doors already on the front.

The same with CRT tv entertainment centers. Some have stand alone wood towers with glass doors that people but DVD, VCRS and cable boxes in.

Bad pics from cell phone

nodakskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #76
modus
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfecto View Post
Besta is definitely the way to go, and it doesn't get any better than these...
I have a similar setup. It's great for a uniform clean look.
modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #77
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
That looks sturdy too. Simple, practical, adjustable, and allows the statues to breath. I'm just not drawn to these dark cabinets which seem to suffocate or box pieces into squares with barely a millimeter to spare in space. However, it would seem I'm part of the minority in thinking that way. Hakuna Matata.
Yes, I like open also (or fully glass, bcs open means more dust).
And yes this is very sturdy and heavy, can hold 4 PFs on one shelve, but 3 gives them a more open/loose feeling.. Unfortunately I don't have enough space to place a second cabinet in the same room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
I am also a big fan of Besta. I think they look good and affordable I personally like beech effect color the best, but that's just me. I've noticed many collectors prefer black.
Yes, beech color is a good combo with statues and as you said dust is less noticeable than on black surface. I like your clean setup and nice to see so many statues lined up at same hight. Wow, that base of optimus is bigger than I imagined..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #78
nicky
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
Very , very impressive. I am totally jealous.
Thanks dude
nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #79
nicky
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsilva77 View Post
You and I both::
Thanks for the nice comment
Old 12-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #80
nicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I like this...
I like it also