Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #71
XMAN
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Looks great.....but not a character I would go out of my way for.
Congrats to all who are able to obtain this....
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:51 PM   #72
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
This is pretty amazing!! I'm not really a Namor fan and XM is far too difficult/expensive for me to collect now so I'm not interested personally but damn how I'd love to see something like this done with Aquaman.
Get it now it's better than later. When you PO new it won't hurt as much and you will get the XM expierence. I hear this a lot but have not expierence nothing yet until I get a XM statue myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
Looks great.....but not a character I would go out of my way for.
Congrats to all who are able to obtain this....
I feel the same so cool but with so much I want first. XM is spot on the male charcters hope they improve on the female head sculpts.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:28 PM   #73
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

damn... and here I thought this was the sign that the ban on mutants was lifted. With Namor being the first mutant and all...
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:40 PM   #74
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Get it now it's better than later. When you PO new it won't hurt as much and you will get the XM expierence. I hear this a lot but have not expierence nothing yet until I get a XM statue myself
Not worth the trouble for me I'm afraid. I'm not into Marvel comic characters enough to spend 1k on statues of them outside of maybe 3 characters and they're all X-Men, and unfortunately that line of characters has hit a wall.

As far as the XM experience goes I have purchased 2 myself, Magneto and Wolverine. I also have Phoenix on the way. They truly are on another level and worthy of the praise they receive. Lets hope the attention to detail, implementation of fan input and setting a new standard for QC continue as XM matures and grows as a company.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:56 PM   #75
Peedi
The Secret Six

Ha ha...lot of "not a fan of Namor" posts...I know Aquaman is more well known but nobody has love for Namor?

I like Aquaman but I'm glad Namor is getting this statue and not Aquaman. Maybe because I've read way more Namor than Aquaman. I like both though. Physically and powers they're not much different...water animals, super strength, invulnerability, etc. Namor is just 100% more jackass.

I plan on getting the SS Aquaman PF but imagine this Namor next to it. Namor's like "I win".
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:04 AM   #76
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Namor's better because he's 100% douchebag.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:14 AM   #77
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I only remeber namor is the jim lee art issue of the reboot fantastic four. Art was amazing! Na more was an x-men? That would be so strange? I can see him as a avenger if he join but x-men just seems to weird to me. Tempted to buy this but can't with the amount of stuff they are putting out so fast.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:48 AM   #78
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Ha ha...lot of "not a fan of Namor" posts...I know Aquaman is more well known but nobody has love for Namor?

I like Aquaman but I'm glad Namor is getting this statue and not Aquaman. Maybe because I've read way more Namor than Aquaman. I like both though. Physically and powers they're not much different...water animals, super strength, invulnerability, etc. Namor is just 100% more jackass.

I plan on getting the SS Aquaman PF but imagine this Namor next to it. Namor's like "I win".
Namor is that kind of son of a b---h that I can't really hate, regardless of his arrogant spoiled bastard attitude. Actually, he puts a grin of approval on my face every time he goes full a--hole mode. I guess I have a thing for antiheroes/occasional villains, because I find him light years better than Aquaman as a character (poor Aquaman tho ).

I was thinking about seriously cutting back with Marvel statues but this one ticks me. I like the idea of displaying Black Bolt, Namor and Magneto all together, I always appreciated the fact that they're seen as kings of their own, separated from the rest of the world, and while having completely different characters and ambitions, they're still moved by a mutual respect and end up teaming together when things go south.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:52 AM   #79
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Namor's better because he's 100% douchebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I only remeber namor is the jim lee art issue of the reboot fantastic four. Art was amazing! Na more was an x-men? That would be so strange? I can see him as a avenger if he join but x-men just seems to weird to me. Tempted to buy this but can't with the amount of stuff they are putting out so fast.
Let me blow your mind...he's been a member of both the Avengers AND the X-Men at different times.

Other X-Men who've been Avengers: Beast, Wolverine, Storm, Havok, Rogue, Cannonball, Sunspot, Sunfire and recently magically inverted Sabretooth
Old 09-10-2015, 07:23 AM   #80
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Namor is that kind of son of a b---h that I can't really hate, regardless of his arrogant spoiled bastard attitude. Actually, he puts a grin of approval on my face every time he goes full a--hole mode. I guess I have a thing for antiheroes/occasional villains, because I find him light years better than Aquaman as a character (poor Aquaman tho ).
Namor probably has more intense stories and relationships with other heroes due to his superior attitude which sets him apart from Aquaman.

I hated everything about AvX but what they did with Namor in the follow up to that in New Avengers up until Secret Wars was some of the saddest, tragic and most exciting Namor work I've come across. Definitely plays up on the dual hero/villain role he puts himself into in interesting ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I was thinking about seriously cutting back with Marvel statues but this one ticks me. I like the idea of displaying Black Bolt, Namor and Magneto all together, I always appreciated the fact that they're seen as kings of their own, separated from the rest of the world, and while having completely different characters and ambitions, they're still moved by a mutual respect and end up teaming together when things go south.
The 90s/2000s Black Panther series played up on the Marvel kings thing by featuring more global/international issues that occasionally had Black Panther meeting or clashing with the other kings, mainly Magneto, Dr. Doom and Namor. Since they are/were Marvel's kings it was interesting to read them actually acting as kings rather than just beating things up:

Interesting character work showing how they're different rulers and it was definitely some "you have to actually read it to understand it" material. The CBG method of comic browsing won't work with this comic. Lol.