Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-26-2016, 01:29 PM   #71
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I love Jim Lee Batman. However if I could only have ONE Batman it would be Miller's DKR. Just so Iconic to me.
I get that, but I'd want a Batman that is more recognizable to everyone that comes over, like even people who just know Batman is a comic character. I LOVE the DKR Batman but think he is a specific rendition of him where some just wouldn't get it. They'd be all like "That's a weird looking Batman" and I'd be all like "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE" and then I would lose friends that way.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:21 PM   #72
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I get that, but I'd want a Batman that is more recognizable to everyone that comes over, like even people who just know Batman is a comic character. I LOVE the DKR Batman but think he is a specific rendition of him where some just wouldn't get it. They'd be all like "That's a weird looking Batman" and I'd be all like "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE" and then I would lose friends that way.
Lol; I get where you're coming from. My wife hates "wrinkly old man Batman". That and Vampire Bats are the two versions she always turns her nose up at
For me I just have such a disdain for Frank Miller post TDKR/Yr1 and the way some view that 4 issue series as the gospel as to how Batman should "always" be depicted. That said, FM Bats wouldn't be the candidate as the sole/centre piece Batmam for my own collection. Assuming he is as spectacular as everything else P1 has done, I will be getting the Jim Lee Batman for sure.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 09-26-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:06 PM   #73
MrJones

See? And if I'm to have ONE Batman... I don't want that reaction from anyone. I don't want to drop a G on a statue for someone to say that Batman looks old lol!
Old 09-26-2016, 04:10 PM   #74
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
See? And if I'm to have ONE Batman... I don't want that reaction from anyone. I don't want to drop a G on a statue for someone to say that Batman looks old lol!
Then clearly you must have two.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #75
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Then clearly you must have two.

I'm going to end up out on my ass if I get two! I won't have a place to display them! Or I'll be the coolest bum in Toronto. Until I get jumped. I'd give it 6 hours.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:24 PM   #76
COI

Holy market-saturation Batman!

This is really cool news, but also a little frightening. Hard to imagine the collector-base keeping up with all these 1/3 pieces. Are we going to see a mass exodus out of the Arkham line once these are shown?

With everything Prime 1, XM and even Sideshow appear to have in the pipeline, all I want to do is cancel my orders and put a padlock on my wallet until we see what this hobby looks like in 5 years.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:27 PM   #77
COI

Quote:
If I took my GF's opinions on statues seriously, I'd have no statues.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #78
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Holy market-saturation Batman!

This is really cool news, but also a little frightening. Hard to imagine the collector-base keeping up with all these 1/3 pieces. Are we going to see a mass exodus out of the Arkham line once these are shown?

With everything Prime 1, XM and even Sideshow appear to have in the pipeline, all I want to do is cancel my orders and put a padlock on my wallet until we see what this hobby looks like in 5 years.
That's why I cancelled all my 1/3 batman game line. Now just waiting to see what comes out before buying any of the over saturated batman lines. Just way too much to buy all of it. Best to wait and see what's coming first. Otherwise if I sell I will take mass losses to move to the comic line which is what I really wanted from the start.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:33 PM   #79
COI

I'm getting to the point where I can't bring myself to pre-order and commit to anything anymore, even things I really like, because in the time it takes to get that piece in-hand, 10 other things are shown or previewed and I end up second guessing my choices.

With all the time I've been in this hobby, I thought I had decision-making figured out, but these companies are out of control.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:05 PM   #80
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I actually like 1/3 scale. It's pretty damn impressive. I think the only 1/4 pieces I have on preorder are the 90's turtles and the NECA ones.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote