Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-20-2018, 10:57 AM   #71
adee
Green Arrow

There final value of what you'll pay in the end for a kit vs the original release is irrelevant as it will be different for everyone.

Numbers dictate the after market values of these statues and messing with those numbers after the fact seems wrong to me. jmo

If SS, XM or any of the other companies out there started re releasing numbered pieces with no alterations I'd say the same.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:58 AM   #72
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
but they said there are only xxx in existence
and there still are, don't you think Chronicle numbered their Decimators even though it was available as a kit with an undetermined number of them? Do you also object when companies release statues as a faux bronze after the painted version?

It's not like if you sell 100 statues you will sell 300 kits. Statues will always sell more than kits because there are few painters and anyone who doesn't paint is better off buying as statue than a kit. Re-sale on a kit will always be lower than a statue and most of the time a painted kit will go either for less than an unpainted or for very little more no matter how good the paint job is. Look on ebay for prices on kits and I think you will see what I mean.

I think your concerns are really unwarranted and in any event I think it is up to the producer if they want to re-release something, either as a kit or a statue.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:02 AM   #73
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
There final value of what you'll pay in the end for a kit vs the original release is irrelevant as it will be different for everyone.

Numbers dictate the after market values of these statues and messing with those numbers after the fact seems wrong to me. jmo
What I mean is for best health and peace of mind best to assume whatever you will pay will be gone with the wind before you pay it.

Of course kits can affect demand and decrease value. So can tons of other factors including same company actions like producing all new better versions.
There was no promise at the time of purchase just a convention that most collectors perilously assume (or really covet) to justify their spending of money they know could have better uses and may like to get a portion back some day.

We all do it.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:06 AM   #74
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
What I mean is for best health and peace of mind best to assume whatever you will pay will be gone with the wind before you pay it.

Of course kits can affect demand and decrease value. So can tons of other factors including same company actions like producing all new better versions.
There was no promise at the time of purchase just a convention that most collectors perilously assume (or really covet) to justify their spending of money they know could have better uses and may like to get a portion back some day.

We all do it.
then why do they number them?

Again I'm just playing devils advocate. I can honestly care less but I can certainly see how this may not sit well with some.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:13 AM   #75
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Do you also object when companies release statues as a faux bronze after the painted version?
Yes I think that's also fugazi.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:21 AM   #76
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
then why do they number them?

Again I'm just playing devils advocate. I can honestly care less but I can certainly see how this may not sit well with some.
That's the convention I'm referring to.
Collectors love being fooled into thinking what they are going to financially obtain will be financially valuable through the future and being limited is one way to satisfy that desire and allow them to justify their purchase.

They wrongly assume the convention of numbers indicates an item meets that criteria. They are mistaken.

Breaking the convention usually would bring such negative publicity by parting with that assumption that for most companies looking to sell additional product on going in the future the short term monetary gain has not yet seemed worth it.

That doesn't seem to hold for ARH.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #77
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
That's the convention I'm referring to.
Collectors love being fooled into thinking what they are going to financially obtain will be financially valuable through the future and being limited is one way to satisfy that desire and allow them to justify their purchase.

They wrongly assume the convention of numbers indicates an item meets that criteria. They are mistaken.

Breaking the convention usually would bring such negative publicity by parting with that assumption that for most companies looking to sell additional product on going in the future the short term monetary gain has not yet seemed worth it.

That doesn't seem to hold for ARH.
So you're saying it's ok because no one really cares about ARH?

If we woke up tomorrow and SS had the original Dr Doom PF on their site as a kit you're saying no one would be upset or have the right to complain?
Old 04-20-2018, 11:31 AM   #78
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
No I'm just saying that is why ARH is doing it.

t's ok because no one promised anyone that what was made would be all there would ever be.

Now if Arahom explicitly advertised this is all, there will never be any more runs or kits it would be different.

But a number on a base does not mean that's all you get. Just like reissues with comics back when you could't read them anywhere else.

Of course additional runs have been done by statue companies but usually the original run was already in the thousands so people had tempered their expectations.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #79
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:

If we woke up tomorrow and SS had the original Dr Doom PF on their site as a kit you're saying no one would be upset or have the right to complain?
Oh people have a right to complain about whatever they want. Some people just want to believe their own fallacy.

Whether or not it is justified or given any credence is another matter.

This is why I don't participate in market appreciation.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:39 AM   #80
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:

What would be their complaint? "I paid a wh0rehouse aftermarket price based on the assumption that no future event would negatively affect the value of this piece and SS (or whatever producer) has some obligation to me to make sure that this wh0rehouse price remains forever high and that is more important than said producer remaining profitable and in business?"

Can SS not produce a new Doctor Doom PF that is better than the first because that would also negatively affect the value of the original? Look at the Tony Cipriano SS Red Sonja. A great piece for sure but the production of the Will Harboldt drove the aftermarket value of the first into the toilet. Apples to oranges I know but this example had a much larger effect than any production of kits would.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote