Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #71
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Maybe they can do like a Deluxe version which includes it all sort of like how Prime 1 has DX versions.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:44 PM   #72
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Maybe they can do like a Deluxe version which includes it all sort of like how Prime 1 has DX versions.
Could be. Wonder if they show open wings version this weekend.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:54 PM   #73
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
But how cool would that be?
Well i would need to use some "strong word" cool. That cool. Buy imagine display him with his wings open. He will outshadow any piece standing in the room.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:05 PM   #74
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

This statue looks fantastic and I’m a big IS fan but I think splitting up this characters into two versions would be a terrible idea.

I imagine they have to produce enough to keep the costs on the lower side similar to their other 1/3rds like Batman and Wonderwoman which were each $1000

Punisher is still available and no one knew of sideshows punisher until recently. IS punisher was really well received imo and it’s surprising to me that it’s still available.

I’m really hoping they make this one statue with both options included. I can’t imagine a 1/3 hawkman can sell out two different display options with how many statues are coming out from all companies. No matter how amazing it looks.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:16 PM   #75
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post

Punisher is still available and no one knew of sideshows punisher until recently. IS punisher was really well received imo and it’s surprising to me that it’s still available.
Once that Punisher is in hand and more folks see him, he will disappear. The Bowen Ghost Rider was going for pretty cheap a little while after release until everyone realized how great it was, now you’re lucky to find one. The Bowen Modern Punisher is even harder to find.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:16 PM   #76
pdenham
Teen Titans

One of the things I find most appealing about this is the overall form. The wings creating this oval cocoon that frames the figure.

Even if I could afford the space, which I'm certain wouldn't be possible, I can't see going with open wings vs the way they are here. That aspect of the design gets a standing "Bravo!" as far as I'm concerned.

I may find myself not as enchanted with the base over time.
I don't respond well to repeating motifs ala Batman standing on a bat shaped gargoyle or Superman standing on a big S shield, etc.
I don't know if over time or in person I would find the big hawk head and all the other detail on the base to be competing too much for attention with the main figure or not.

Not a real huge concern, just idly musing 'cause there's nothing else I can do atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
My Wonder Woman 1/3 from Iron Studios was $1000 through Sideshow. I would say though I'd expect this Hawkman to be more than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
I expect him to be 1100-1200 depends on version. But who knows, could be more.
That ballpark is reasonable.

a few months earlier I was mentally scrambling to find a way to finance and justify the Mamegyorai Alien, which I still love. That comes in at 28", with considerably less mass than HM, and has a sticker price of over $2K.

I'd say $1200 is going to be the absolute lowest baseline and it will probably be more.
Even then it would still represent a better value.

I think I'm looking forward to seeing the dimensional specs even more than the price now.
pdenham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #77
Mister H
Ultimates

Gotta give IS credit for going with Hawkman after they did the DC big three. Could’ve done another Batman but they went with a character who’s second or even third string, and it turned out great.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:29 PM   #78
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Gotta give IS credit for going with Hawkman after they did the DC big three. Could’ve done another Batman but they went with a character who’s second or even third string, and it turned out great.
Except they went with another Batman diorama and a third Batman recolor on the 1/3rd scale :
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:55 PM   #79
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I am not a Hawkman fan but this statue is fantastic.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:07 PM   #80
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
Except they went with another Batman diorama and a third Batman recolor on the 1/3rd scale :
You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have Iron Studios.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote