Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-18-2024, 11:18 AM   #71
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I think I first learned of Krampus 20 years ago when first getting stationed in Germany. They know how to properly terrify children. Also might account for the tremendous birth rate decline. In any event, I am not sure I ever desired a statue of said character, and now there will be two.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 11:37 AM   #72
qz33
Baron Zemo

I learned about Krampus when I was researching Christmas traditions. Fun fact most people don't know what the 12 days of Christmas are for or even when they start. This was many years back way before the movie.

The costumes in places that celebrate with Krampus are insane! They could go toe to toe with any Con cosplayers.
Krampus statues sound awesome and the sketches look cool.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 11:50 AM   #73
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It’s great these companies are expanding their licenses/creative offerings. It does remind me of when Mcfarlane toys started moving away from licenses and started creating their own lines.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 11:58 AM   #74
Bill Lehecka
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Most of there events are to give away prizes, discounts and reward points. If they show any reveals that's a bonus in my book.
Let's be real... Most of these secondary events are there to push old inventory out of their warehouse. Events like Sideshow Con, May the Fourth and 12 Days are there to introduce new product. Events like Spooktacular and Geeksgiving are like "Customer Appreciation Events". But all of them serve the purpose of discounting old inventory to make way for new stuff. Monsters and Villians, Bestember, Geek Rewind, etc... They're glorified clearance sales. Some introduce new product, but it isn't expected. Since this is Sideshow's 30th anniversary, there seems to be a push to show new stuff to make it feel like a huge celebration.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 12:57 PM   #75
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I think I first learned of Krampus 20 years ago when first getting stationed in Germany. They know how to properly terrify children. Also might account for the tremendous birth rate decline. In any event, I am not sure I ever desired a statue of said character, and now there will be two.
Yeah I think this legend would have gave me nightmares as a kid, in the UK we were just told we wouldnt get any toys off Santa Claus if we we naughty not that we would be kidnapped by a giant Goat demon.

Just noticed the childs arm sticking out of his back pack, that's messed up

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 01:19 PM   #76
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
So this is sideshow? Tweeterhead is also doing Krampus, I'm surprised both companies are doing the same character so close together
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
That was my thought as well, quite curious
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Came here to ask all these same questions.

Good questions. Definitely a head scratcher.

...Good thing I decided to get the female characters only. Might have to stick to one scale between these two lines as well. Will depend on execution and price....
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 01:23 PM   #77
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
That Wondercon panel figure in the middle looks like a Sideshow version of a Succubus with those Morrigan style wings.

Agreed. That Wondercon panel middle image shows a Morrison style figure. Not a Medusa. Even the silhouette image from Sideshow (see below), the middle image is the same Morrigan style figure.

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 01:39 PM   #78
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Omfg I want that Krampus statue. It's so freaking weird. Love it.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 07:25 PM   #79
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Yeah I think this legend would have gave me nightmares as a kid, in the UK we were just told we wouldnt get any toys off Santa Claus if we we naughty not that we would be kidnapped by a giant Goat demon.

Just noticed the childs arm sticking out of his back pack, that's messed up

I’ll tell you what, if more little kids knew being Naughty would bring this guy around , maybe the world would be a better place. Now we tell them a stupid stuffed Elf is watching them, and they are like ok whatever…lol
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 07:34 PM   #80
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post

Agreed. That Wondercon panel middle image shows a Morrison style figure. Not a Medusa. Even the silhouette image from Sideshow (see below), the middle image is the same Morrigan style figure.

Maybe sideshow did the silhouette to throw people off, could the middle image possibly be a combination of two different characters? The hair definitely appears different, and her arm is beside her in the one clear photo, but appears to be behind her head or hair in the silhouette, or maybe it's just the left side of the photo which definitely looks snake like that's making me think there are 2 different characters
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote