Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Black Adam vs The X-Men
Black Adam. But its not easy 22 44.00%
The Uncanny X-Men. But its not easy. 28 56.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #71
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Well then no one would touch BA unless they have Superspeed also, That would make comics pretty boring
Sorry Juzzy, I was totally over simplifying things.

I think BA would annihilate Rogue because of the following:

He's faster, stronger, got greater stamin, more battle experience, fuelled by 7 gods which give him the following powers:

a) God-like stamina meaning he also has no need to eat, sleep or breathe.
b) Movement and flight at trans-light speeds.
c) Super Strength, that is of Cpt Marvel/Superman Level.
d) Enhanced wisdom, which helps formulate battle strategies and gives him council from the gods in times of need.
e) Almost complete resistance to magic, and the ability to harness the mystic thunder of shazam as a weapon.
f) Something I didn't even remember until now. The Courage of Mehen means that he has complete resistance to telepathic/psionic attack and mind control.

He's just too powerful for her, and even Professor X. If you consider Phoenix's powers to be Psionic in nature, he's even invulnerable to some of her powers too.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #72
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
oh my, there is so much I want to say to some of these posts, but I won't.
Why not?

Dont be rude mate and you dont have a problem
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #73
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
oh my, there is so much I want to say to some of these posts, but I won't.
Yeah Mikey, do it. Never be afraid to put on the gloves in the comic section.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #74
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
oh i'm very fimiliar with that advance logic of marvel. It's so advance that they don't even have to explain it. wow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Yeah magic and retcons
Sounds a whole lot better than blowing out the sun with a sneeze or pulling several planet with a big a$$ chain.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #75
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:

He's faster, stronger, got greater stamin, more battle experience, fuelled by 7 gods which give him the following powers:

d) Enhanced wisdom, which helps formulate battle strategies and gives him council from the gods in times of need.
e) Almost complete resistance to magic, and the ability to harness the mystic thunder of shazam as a weapon.
f) Something I didn't even remember until now. The Courage of Mehen means that he has complete resistance to telepathic/psionic attack and mind control.

He's just too powerful for her, and even Professor X. If you consider Phoenix's powers to be Psionic in nature, he's even invulnerable to some of her powers too.
No worries Rich, Mate i know BA is a powerful ruthless asskicking machine (It's one of the reasons i love the guy!) But i think the X-Men with their years of teamwork would take him and i think Rogue would be a part of it, She wouldnt be the spearhead but she would be a part of it IMO
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #76
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Sounds a whole lot better than blowing out the sun with a sneeze or pulling several planet with a big a$$ chain.
No it sounds just as bad. Both companies are guilty of making the same stupid mistakes, overpowering their characters, confusing continuity, poor writing and sloppy retcons.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:33 PM   #77
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:

Wow I didn't know Black Adam could do all these things move over Superman you just got replaced. Of course none of this does him any good when she sporting all of his powers and he's on the ground.

Too much for Xavier? ha ha ha the most powerful mutant telepath on the planet? give me a break. Xavier will make him forget his magic word. Too much for Phoenix? a Galactus level being? Surley you jest. She'll wipe the floor with him like she did with Darkseid.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #78
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Wow I didn't know Black Adam could do all these things move over Superman you just got replaced. Of course none of this does him any good when she sporting all of his powers and he's on the ground.

Too much for Xavier? ha ha ha the most powerful mutant telepath on the planet? give me a break. Xavier will make him forget his magic word. Too much for Phoenix? a Galactus level being? Surley you jest. She'll wipe the floor with him like she did with Darkseid.
You can read right? I'm just checking you actually know what the words 'complete resistance to telepathic attacks' means.

Of course, to prove your point you can just ignore the actual 40 years of comic history and just say professor X is better.

I should send you 10p so you can buy a clue...
Old 07-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #79
Alex655321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
No worries Rich, Mate i know BA is a powerful ruthless asskicking machine (It's one of the reasons i love the guy!) But i think the X-Men with their years of teamwork would take him and i think Rogue would be a part of it, She wouldnt be the spearhead but she would be a part of it IMO
One thing about superheros is that they always find a way, no matter what the odds are.

That's what makes comics great
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #80
RichBamf

Even Marvel encyclopedias have said that Rogue can no longer absorb ultra powerful beings powers, so I doubt she could absorb 7 gods worth of power.

Hell it even says it on Wiki:

''but in certain instances where a being has possessed an extraordinary level of power they are able to resist her, and she may only share part of their memories and power.''