Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 08-15-2008, 01:05 AM   #71
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Merl, I had a good response to your last post about the Blob not being in Uncanny 500, and you changed your post! I was going for the knock-out punch but you left the ring!
Sorry I typed before I thought it out. But then I quickly remembered about the stuff before the costume party about him being a weight loss guru in Japan because how could I forget something I rolled my eyes at so hard?
But wait a minute....... he didn't lose the weight on his own!! He's a FAKE!!! Weighloss guru my aunt Fanny.
Merlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:11 AM   #72
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
Well now you're just going back on what you said, you said that: so and so was fact because of public opinion and now you're acknowledging that there is a difference between public opinion and fact which is the point I was trying to make. So wait does that mean I won? I'm confused.....what are we even arguing about now?
Man, we are DEEP in the rabbit hole now! No, what I was saying was that the popular public opinion at the time of Dazzler's debut was that she was extremely unpopular, although my comments are not universally popular with the forum's population and may not win me any popularity contests. That's all. But really, I didn't say the popular opinion at the time was correct, I just said the opinion was popular, therefore, it's a fact that Dazzler was unpopular at the time, which is no reflection on her true worth.

Damn, I'm good.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:12 AM   #73
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
Sorry I typed before I thought it out. But then I quickly remembered about the stuff before the costume party about him being a weight loss guru in Japan because how could I forget something I rolled my eyes at so hard?
But wait a minute....... ****he didn't lose the weight on his own!! He's a FAKE!!! Weighloss guru my aunt Fanny****
That's why he's a villain! He's not to be trusted!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:14 AM   #74
touche22
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wow....imagine if Dazzler looked the way she was originally pitched....like a bald Storm in a Dazzler costume!!!!
touche22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:16 AM   #75
Merlose

Quote:
Man, we are DEEP in the rabbit hole now! No, what I was saying was that the popular public opinion at the time of Dazzler's debut was that she was extremely unpopular, although my comments are not universally popular with the forum's population and may not win me any popularity contests. That's all. But really, I didn't say the popular opinion at the time was correct, I just said it was popular, therefore, it's a fact that Dazzler was unpopular at the time, which is no reflection on her true worth.

Damn, I'm good.
Oy here we go again...... your 'therefore' statement is powered by opinion and ending in fact.....WTF?
Old 08-15-2008, 01:16 AM   #76
rilynil

For the record (considering this is the thread's true topic), I vote for no character to be killed off because I'm tired of characters being killed off. Not even Dazzler.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:17 AM   #77
touche22

Wabbit season......duck season.......wabbit season.......duck season.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:19 AM   #78
Merlose

Quote:
For the record (considering this is the thread's true topic), I vote for no character to be killed off because I'm tired of characters being killed off. Not even Dazzler.
Amen to that....... too many pointless deaths at the hand of Ed Brubaker (my opinion not a fact or general statement concluding to fact) It seems the vogue thing to do to kill characters you didn't create early in your career at Marvel.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:21 AM   #79
Wesley Pierce
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

For those of you who hate wolverine, you should check out Uncanny X-Men annual #11.

I hate the character, but this was a great story. Unfortunately, it's everything that came after this that ruined the character for me.

As for which character would I like to see killed off...

None. There has been far too much of this in recent years. Moreso than in any other era. Not only this but the character deaths of the past actually stood for something. There was a great deal of meaning put into them and long lasting repurcussions. Unfortunately now, deaths and rebirths/skrulls/dreams/reality shifts occur far too often and with little or no meaning behind them.
Wesley Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:22 AM   #80
touche22

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, can I add I'd like Aunt May to finally die of old age! She's gotta be like 200 years old!!!! She's not Wolverine or Yoda, just go "night night" already!!!!