Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-26-2016, 01:53 PM   #801
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Guess this will be a new year on bigger statue prices to see what our limits will be. I'm guessing 900.00 to 1200.00 like p1 pricing for large characters going forward.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #802
Igo
Producer
Producer

He's definitely 1:4 scale... now based on your preference for his actual height / size, it depends if you think Thanos is supposed to be 6' tall, or closer to 7'-7'6"ish… If you think he's supposed to be closer to 6', this might get mistaken with a 1:3 scale label. If you think Thanos is closer to 7'6'"ish… BIG… then he's definitely 1:4 scale.

The teaser images in this thread give you a good idea of how involved the design is. It isnt classic "simple" by any means, but it was inspired by the classic look. As you can see in the teaser, he doesnt have a single gold strip going down his chest, but segmented armor plating… its similar thinking across the piece. Things are broken up, re-worked, etc.

To me, if you know the movie version, there is no mistaking this guy for the movie take, especially with the portrait. Fans who want a more "classic" take on the portrait style, they'll be happy… Fans who want the costume design follow the classic look to a "T", they wont be happy…

Im stoked for the full reveal. The 12 Days teaser was a color 3D render, the guy's in physical paint now, and he's looking phenomenal… You guys will see him wayyyy before SDCC. Not sure when exactly, but it's not too far off.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:06 PM   #803
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
He's definitely 1:4 scale... now based on your preference for his actual height / size, it depends if you think Thanos is supposed to be 6' tall, or closer to 7'-7'6"ish… If you think he's supposed to be closer to 6', this might get mistaken with a 1:3 scale label. If you think Thanos is closer to 7'6'"ish… BIG… then he's definitely 1:4 scale.

The teaser images in this thread give you a good idea of how involved the design is. It isnt classic "simple" by any means, but it was inspired by the classic look. As you can see in the teaser, he doesnt have a single gold strip going down his chest, but segmented armor plating… its similar thinking across the piece. Things are broken up, re-worked, etc.

To me, if you know the movie version, there is no mistaking this guy for the movie take, especially with the portrait. Fans who want a more "classic" take on the portrait style, they'll be happy… Fans who want the costume design follow the classic look to a "T", they wont be happy…

Im stoked for the full reveal. The 12 Days teaser was a color 3D render, the guy's in physical paint now, and he's looking phenomenal… You guys will see him wayyyy before SDCC. Not sure when exactly, but it's not too far off.
Thanks for the Teaser Update but it is informative as to the direction that you guys went with this and there are some that are jumping for joy.

Be Cool and keep the updates coming

Thank You
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:11 PM   #804
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:

Thanks for the update! Really excited about this piece. Can't wait to see the full reveal!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:16 PM   #805
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:

Igo, any dropping hints for exclusive version? Light up IG?
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #806
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

A 7'6" normal proportioned male is 5'8" while sitting.

So 1/4 scale of that is roughly 17" for just the sitting figure.

Add in the throne and the floating aspect, it'll be a nicely sized statue.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:41 PM   #807
SONICobra
Batman

Igo with the save, im even more stoked now
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:47 PM   #808
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Now every one can just go on and complain about price, possible paint mess ups, sideshows past on select pieces blah blah blah
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:48 PM   #809
adee
Green Arrow

All good news for me, I figured he would get the sideshowification as many pieces do but knowing it's classic inspired is enough for me to know I'll like it.

I do feel like we are being braced for it being over a grand though lol
adee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:52 PM   #810
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

I'm a massive xm Fan.....but this IS the thanos to own!
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote