Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post

That looks pretty bad.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #814
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Just cancelled my PO for this. I figure this will be in the bargain bin by end of year for less than half the current price. The leaning issues and the paint apps have been bad from the few I have seen so far. Too bad. The proto looked great.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #815
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Just cancelled my PO for this. I figure this will be in the bargain bin by end of year for less than half the current price. The leaning issues and the paint apps have been bad from the few I have seen so far. Too bad. The proto looked great.
I really don't think there will be a leaning issue. With a fitted peg and rod it should be fine even with off centered weight. DC's factory on the other hand doesn't always do the best with paint. I got rid of my Bombshells Zatanna because the paint was so godawful.
Unless its Batman or Superman you really don't have to worry about them selling out. Waiting for a better price is a good call. Babs Tarr's Batgirl goes for a really great price now even though there is a good chance it will come broken. Bruce Timm's Harley was going for under $70 for a while. I'm currently waiting for Amanda Conner's Starfire to go lower.
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #816
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwestley13 View Post
I really don't think there will be a leaning issue. With a fitted peg and rod it should be fine even with off centered weight. DC's factory on the other hand doesn't always do the best with paint. I got rid of my Bombshells Zatanna because the paint was so godawful.
Unless its Batman or Superman you really don't have to worry about them selling out. Waiting for a better price is a good call. Babs Tarr's Batgirl goes for a really great price now even though there is a good chance it will come broken. Bruce Timm's Harley was going for under $70 for a while. I'm currently waiting for Amanda Conner's Starfire to go lower.
There has been plenty of evidence that shows it does have leaning issues, though. :/
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #817
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
There has been plenty of evidence that shows it does have leaning issues, though. :/
A leaning issue is generally either a bad pegging, which this doesn't seem to have or a weight issue, that takes time to develop. I saw some Batgirl unboxing videoes where it definitely had leaning issues due to pegging. I'm not really seeing a lean in the pics Gothamite posted. If anything I think they are suppose to be at a very slight angle to show weightlessness.

Now this is something that is leaning :/
Old 02-15-2018, 12:20 PM   #818
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

You make a good point about the weightlessness. Because that's what I thought initially too. I hope that is truly the case
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:30 PM   #819
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
You make a good point about the weightlessness. Because that's what I thought initially too. I hope that is truly the case
Breaking issues due to material and packaging, and paint QC are the only two faults i see with DCC. They are normally well designed.

The product video on their youtube page also has it at the same angle https://youtu.be/0ppi0mS_lTg
Old 02-15-2018, 03:25 PM   #820
Gothamite
Phoenix

Lean is not in the proto. (Then again, the proto also has extra fish.)

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote