Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-09-2018, 01:12 AM   #821
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Pretty much every female character has been drawn well-endowed in comics if the art has changed hands at any point since their creation. Even for underaged characters, there isn't a chance in hell Art Adams or Ed Benes, for example, are going to be conservative with the body proportions for, say, pre-Nu52 Supergirl or Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel.

jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #822
Demona
Lex Luthor

Speaking of....Kamala Khan could be a great statue.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #823
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
LOL yeah I can see this being part of the 'free shipping, double points, $50 off' deals next Spooktacular/Black Friday event.
That would be awesome - I'd buy it for sure.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:29 AM   #824
BurningRage
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Speaking of....Kamala Khan could be a great statue.
Too many ignorant people in the community for a high end $550+ statue of her to be made. Don’t see Simon Baz being made either.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:35 AM   #825
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Too many ignorant people in the community for a high end $550+ statue of her to be made. Don’t see Simon Baz being made either.
These companies go with safe bets and that is generally established characters with large fanbases. I've been wanting several characters to get statues for a long time, but I acknowledge they aren't popular enough to justify it for companies.

I also don't think anyone is under any obligation to like a character or buy a statue of them. I'd love it personally if Power Girl got half the statues Harley Quinn does, but people like different things than I do and that's fine.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #826
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
It does make ya wonder though, if they are going back through the Justice League, do we get another Hal?!? I can only hope we get someone else.

Would love a Simon and Jessica but would settle for any of the other Green Lanterns.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #827
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Both Kamala and Simon are relatively new characters. SSC just got around do making a Carol Danvers Captain Marvel PF last year. There are two versions of Hal Jordan instead of a John Steward or Kyle Rayner. They still haven't made any version of the Flash (Prime1's looks amazing)

Zatanna who has been around since the 1960s has finally more notice in the past 10 years. I'm glad there are more options of her for people to collect. I bought the Adam Hughes DC Cover Girls and it came broken twice. The DC Bombshells has the worst paint I have ever seen. Kotobukiya bishoujo is what it is, definitely not for everyone. I like this one from SSC more than the Prime1 and the smaller scale from Yamato.

If they ever make a live action Justice League Dark movie, Zatanna's popularity should become even greater.
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #828
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I would love to see Starfire myself.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:58 PM   #829
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I would love to see Starfire myself.
Starfire and Raven would make great companion pieces.
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:59 PM   #830
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwestley13 View Post
Both Kamala and Simon are relatively new characters. SSC just got around do making a Carol Danvers Captain Marvel PF last year. There are two versions of Hal Jordan instead of a John Steward or Kyle Rayner. They still haven't made any version of the Flash (Prime1's looks amazing)

Zatanna who has been around since the 1960s has finally more notice in the past 10 years. I'm glad there are more options of her for people to collect. I bought the Adam Hughes DC Cover Girls and it came broken twice. The DC Bombshells has the worst paint I have ever seen. Kotobukiya bishoujo is what it is, definitely not for everyone. I like this one from SSC more than the Prime1 and the smaller scale from Yamato.

If they ever make a live action Justice League Dark movie, Zatanna's popularity should become even greater.
Yamato has a Zatanna coming as well. I love my Bishoujo of her personally.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote