Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #8481
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This is my most recent Sideshow score. I've had it for a while, but have been unable to display it until now because the base was sent to Spazzy for a touch-up. The base looked like complete garbage when I initially received it; however, Malgus was perfect. Scratches, paint bleeding, and fading everywhere on the wood and black rim of the base. Spazzy's touch-up did not disappoint. It looks brand spanking new now.

While it was being repainted, I managed to pick up another Malgus lightsaber that didn't work. I rarely, if ever, use the light up feature and I don't like displaying Malgus with the entire saber piece sticking out. It looks somewhat cheap to me when it's turned off, and since I hardly ever click that switch, I wanted to see what it looked like displayed with just the hilt in his hand. So I took the entire bulb off the broken saber, and pulled out the guts from within the hilt with a small pair of needle nosed pliers and some tweezers. Then I filled the inside of the hilt half way with epoxy (double-bubble).

I absolutely love the way it looks now with just the hilt displayed in his hand. It looks really cool and does away with the plastic saber look when it's not lit up. It makes it look as if he's about to unleash that energy from his saber right after his Force Push. I'll be displaying him this way round-the-clock or until fam and friends come by the apartment to view the light up features.

I also love displaying him fully cloaked and hooded. He looks so much more dark, mysterious, and menacing that way. Hooded and hilted is the way to go for me. Here's some pics I took of him today. Thanks Spazzy!

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #8482
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
This is my most recent Sideshow score. I've had it for a while, but have been unable to display it until now because the base was sent to Spazzy for a touch-up. The base looked like complete garbage when I initially received it; however, Malgus was perfect. Scratches, paint bleeding, and fading everywhere on the wood and black rim of the base. Spazzy's touch-up did not disappoint. It looks brand spanking new now.

While it was being repainted, I managed to pick up another Malgus lightsaber that didn't work. I rarely, if ever, use the light up feature and I don't like displaying Malgus with the entire saber piece sticking out. It looks somewhat cheap to me when it's turned off, and since I hardly ever click that switch, I wanted to see what it looked like displayed with just the hilt in his hand. So I took the entire bulb off the broken saber, and pulled out the guts from within the hilt with a small pair of needle nosed pliers and some tweezers. Then I filled the inside of the hilt half way with epoxy (double-bubble).

I absolutely love the way it looks now with just the hilt displayed in his hand. It looks really cool and does away with the plastic saber look when it's not lit up. It makes it look as if he's about to unleash that energy from his saber right after his Force Push. I'll be displaying him this way round-the-clock or until fam and friends come by the apartment to view the light up features.

I also love displaying him fully cloaked and hooded. He looks so much more dark, mysterious, and menacing that way. Hooded and hilted is the way to go for me. Here's some pics I took of him today. Thanks Spazzy!

I have that piece as well and I think its just spectacular. Congrats on the acquisition boss!!! I really like your take on the saber. I too had wished that the blades were removable. Nice work.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #8483
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Sorry for the bad pictures, i couldn't find my camera so i had to use my cell phone. Not a new statue but new to me!

Also a major shout out to statueforum member DSET!!! He was a pleasure to work with and packed this statue top notch! Buy from him with confidence! I can't say enough about how great he was!

This piece is massive, i knew it would be awesome, but i didn't know it'd be so amazing in person! A sight to behold.

Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:25 PM   #8484
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Gambit is so awesome.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:25 AM   #8485
chaggs1
Luke Cage

chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #8486
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Noice MC, dude. It'd be sweet if SS would do an H2 or H3 version, since that was when I first discovered the game and wouldn't stop playing it for anything. Made Force Colonel in H3 then dropped off to casual/on-occasion playing afterwards in Reach and H4.

Here's a dude you guys have prolly seen a billion times, but I finally picked up a gorgeously perfect regular for under retail and wanted to force my pics of him on everyone, haha! He's flawless and quite possibly the best DP statue currently out there. My only slight, slight "Shmeh.." is the base. I love how glossy and reflective it is, but it's a little too much on the light side. It does make it easier to move him around, unlike something like D. Malgus which feels like moving a cinder block.

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #8487
Darth Straif
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Wow! So many great new additions for you all !! Congrats, space considerations aside, not a piece I wouldn't have !!!!

I'm still on the fence with the Maul bust, tbh though will prob still buy it.

With the Malgus, I totally agree with your decisions, when possible I display all my SW pieces without lit sabers, just seems to have more impact..... And boy didn't that base turn out well !! nice job!
Darth Straif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #8488
Gustavo Freire
Jubilee

My latest Sideshow items are the Harley Quinn 1/6 scale and the Batman PF (regular edition).
Gustavo Freire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #8489
jgama25
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just got number 0009 of the excl. Supes!

Here are the instrux that come with it explaining how to attach the cape. As its mentioned before, be extremely careful with it and use a cloth of some sort so you don't rub the red paint onto the head.

Also here are some more pics of the exc. head and regular head

jgama25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #8490
jgama25
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

jgama25 is offline   Reply With Quote