Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 05-16-2015, 05:33 PM   #851
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

well, the Marcus box was bigger than the MIB bust and I will bet the Hulk box will be even bigger than Marcus, which will mean I prolly wouldn't be able to pick it up by myself, so that could be another deal breaker on top of the cost. It's not like it's a super complex piece, so it just wouldn't be worth it to me.

When I talked to them a few weeks ago, they confirmed some things have been changed that "improved" the piece, but couldn't say more than that or anything about the price. Did you get on the waiting list for Marcus?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:44 PM   #852
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I guess we wait till con for whatever positive changes are taking place.Maybe the box will be split in two making it a little more convenient to transport/ship.I did not get on the WL for Marcus,i called them yesterday to put my name down but I must of missed them
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:02 PM   #853
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

yep, we will see. That would be a good idea for Hulk, not sure if that would make shipping more or less? If their IM doesn't come with a RDJ sig on the COA, I will prolly just get the Mark 6 LSF and HT 1/4 IM since I sold my Mark 3 LSF. I need to replace him, and those 2 pieces would prolly be just as much as the CM lol.

I believe if you put your order in for Marcus now, that automatically puts you on the wait list? Ya never know I guess. I told you it would all work out, hopefully it comes with no issues.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:12 PM   #854
Ricky Bobby

I think it would reduce shipping costs if they split the boxes,plus its a lot easier to work with two medium plus sized boxes,instead of one gigantic massive box,kinda like what Prime 1 does with there TF's.My Megatron came in 3 boxes,and the shipping was 115,and still is on ss's site,but OP is 200 and only comes in 2 boxes,and overall the statue is smaller.So who knows how the shipping will work,but I hope it makes more sense than what sideshow is doing now with OP Btw which IM is possibly coming with the RDJ sig? The Mark 3 is the best so far imo,and after receiving the Mark 7 LSF I am quite nervous about future IM orders of that scale,cause my Mark 7 was not good
Old 05-16-2015, 08:40 PM   #855
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Whoops, I meant mark 7 lsf, not 6. Cm got Arnold to sign coa's, so I'm curious if they can get rdj to sign for the new statue. Yea, your right, I would prefer a couple medium boxes over one huge one. I sold my mark 3 for $3k, so I made some good profit on it. I think the new lsf could be had for half that if the timing is right. What was bad about your mark 7? The ones that came in good shape seem to look really nice.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #856
Ricky Bobby

My Mark 7 had a couple issues,one was the paintjob,imo it was burgundy,not the rich red color shown at sdcc.Some ppl said the color was fine on theres,and that's what it was suppose to be,but others like myself strongly disagree,and I wasn't about to compromise the color of his suit just because others felt it wasn't an issue.I also had paint chips,air bubbles and just overall sloppy paint in areas.Second was the magnets for his suit,some of them would not sit flush,or even worse the magnets were so weak they barely could stay on,far too risky for me.Third was the light up feature,the eyes on mine did not have an equal balance of light being produced,it seemed like his left eye on mine had some blockage.Much like the Doom LSF,it was sent back,i cant justify those prices with that quality,not in my country when we have to pay 20-25 percent more.I think you will definitely have an opportunity living within the U.S to find one for a good deal
Old 05-16-2015, 10:35 PM   #857
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Yea, it seems like a lot of people had similar issues to some extent. I'm going to wait for all the details of the CM iron man first.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:44 PM   #858
Ricky Bobby

Sideshows handling of there LSF line to me is very unprofessional
Old 05-19-2015, 10:08 PM   #859
Vader
Ghost

have there been any side by side pictures between marcus and the predator? can someone post a pic of marcus side by side with the predator (for scale).
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #860
Vader
Ghost

Are people still able to get Marcus? And the MIB bust?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote