Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 07-10-2011, 04:04 AM   #871
DRL
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Stand By Me down to $13.99 @ amazon. Lowest price so far.

How to Train Your Dragon down to $13.49.
thanks for this one! ive been waiting for a good price.
DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:28 AM   #872
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
thanks for this one! ive been waiting for a good price.
No problem, I've been waiting for this to drop too so figured I'd pass it along. Interestingly this version is the dual BD/DVD release. The single disc BD is still $20.99.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #873
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Awesome! Didn't know this had been confirmed.
Quote:
Neither did I.
They already started showing snippet scenes for the new season of the show during Torchwood this weekend ... kind of like teaser trailers and he was in them.

Plus if you know the story of Spartacus, he shows up during the revolt and consequential war, as one of the generals.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #874
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The individual Alien films are all down to $12.49 ea. @ Amazon. If you don't already own them this is a smoking deal.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #875
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
They already started showing snippet scenes for the new season of the show during Torchwood this weekend ... kind of like teaser trailers and he was in them.

Plus if you know the story of Spartacus, he shows up during the revolt and consequential war, as one of the generals.
Awesome news! Can't wait for the next season!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:25 AM   #876
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
The individual Alien films are all down to $12.49 ea. @ Amazon. If you don't already own them this is a smoking deal.
Only if you want one or two of them...you can get the entire Quad set from Amazon UK, shipped for about 32 bucks or so, and get all of the supplemental stuff as well. The Blu's are region free, so if you're willing to wait a bit, this is the way to go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Anthol...0379551&sr=1-1
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #877
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsdale Saint View Post
Only if you want one or two of them...you can get the entire Quad set from Amazon UK, shipped for about 32 bucks or so, and get all of the supplemental stuff as well. The Blu's are region free, so if you're willing to wait a bit, this is the way to go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Anthol...0379551&sr=1-1
Yup. Bought the UK set myself but I know there are a lot of people who just wanted the first 2 films.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #878
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Wink

Quote:
Yup. Bought the UK set myself but I know there are a lot of people who just wanted the first 2 films.
Certainly wasn't trying to correct you, I could have been a tad more clear, just pointing out another bargain I discovered on another forum. Cool of you to keep this thread alive over here, I notice it doesn't get a lot of activity, but good for these mooks over here that you keep them appraised of bargains, so that they can have more money for our other vices.

Did you pick up any of the deals in the 5/$20 at Blockbuster the past week or so??? Between this sale and the prior one on Father's Day, I was able to pick up thirty or so titles, and I ALWAYS pass on the crippled rental versions. Got Shutter Island, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Girl Who Played With Fire, Zombieland, The Crazies (remake), 30 Days of Night, Friday Night Lights, The Hurt Locker and the epic Red Cliff directed by John Woo. Can't go wrong upgrading titles at $4 per...HEH.
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:14 AM   #879
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Certainly wasn't trying to correct you, I could have been a tad more clear, just pointing out another bargain I discovered on another forum. Cool of you to keep this thread alive over here, I notice it doesn't get a lot of activity, but good for these mooks over here that you keep them appraised of bargains, so that they can have more money for our other vices.
Oh no worries. The more bargains posted here the better. That was the whole idea behind the thread in the first place. And you're right, this thread doesn't get a lot of activity but as long as there are people here who appreciate the bargains being posted I'll gladly continue contributing.

Quote:
Did you pick up any of the deals in the 5/$20 at Blockbuster the past week or so??? Between this sale and the prior one on Father's Day, I was able to pick up thirty or so titles, and I ALWAYS pass on the crippled rental versions. Got Shutter Island, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Girl Who Played With Fire, Zombieland, The Crazies (remake), 30 Days of Night, Friday Night Lights, The Hurt Locker and the epic Red Cliff directed by John Woo. Can't go wrong upgrading titles at $4 per...HEH.
Nice hauls. Those are some great A-list titles too. Unfortunately I couldn't capitalize on that sale as all the Blockbusters closed up shop around here along with the Hollywood Video stores a while back.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #880
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Oh no worries. The more bargains posted here the better. That was the whole idea behind the thread in the first place. And you're right, this thread doesn't get a lot of activity but as long as there are people here who appreciate the bargains being posted I'll gladly continue contributing.
I second the more bargains the better! Or do I?

I think Scott and I have been the ones to really reap the benefits of this thread, sometimes I think we're just doing this for ourselves. So welcome aboard, and lets share the wealth!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote