Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-28-2020, 05:56 PM   #871
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

#25 is in!

AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 06:40 PM   #872
JemBoyKen
Doh!

GREAT PIC!!

The base colours don’t seem to really match tho, eh?
Same thing with Wonder Woman and Donna Troy. The base colours for each are way off. I wonder why that is?
Hopefully Batgirl’s base paint job matches a little better with Robin than Batman’s does.
JemBoyKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:21 PM   #873
AlexT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemBoyKen View Post
GREAT PIC!!

The base colours don’t seem to really match tho, eh?
Same thing with Wonder Woman and Donna Troy. The base colours for each are way off. I wonder why that is?
Hopefully Batgirl’s base paint job matches a little better with Robin than Batman’s does.
Thank you.

Yes I did notice that to. Batman’s looks more worn out. Robin’s look freshly painted.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:06 PM   #874
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Got Robin today as well. He looks fantastic. He keyed in really easy and the paint job was perfect. Awaiting Starfire...
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:31 AM   #875
AlexT

He really came out great!
Old 07-29-2020, 11:05 AM   #876
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

so very happy with my purchase-now just saving up for Starfire. Cannot wait for Batgirl, Green Lantern and Shazam!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3460.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	132196  
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:19 AM   #877
grphyx1
Kingpin

I really have to commend TH and the factory they use for delivering a super clean paint app on Robin and the rest of the SP lineup. Supes had some slips that were corrected on the reissue.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #878
JemBoyKen
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I really have to commend TH and the factory they use for delivering a super clean paint app on Robin and the rest of the SP lineup. Supes had some slips that were corrected on the reissue.
Hey grphyx1 !

I agree on the paint apps on the figures themselves! Top knotch work, however...could you maybe mention to the powers that be that if they’re going to have bases that match with other characters...that the colours would match a bit better? It just looks off when they’re displayed together and the colours aren’t even close. First it was WW and Donna, now Robin doesn’t really match with Batman. Here’s hoping Batgirl at least matches Robin’s base colour. Thanks 😊
Old 07-29-2020, 12:46 PM   #879
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemBoyKen View Post
Hey grphyx1 !

I agree on the paint apps on the figures themselves! Top knotch work, however...could you maybe mention to the powers that be that if they’re going to have bases that match with other characters...that the colours would match a bit better? It just looks off when they’re displayed together and the colours aren’t even close. First it was WW and Donna, now Robin doesn’t really match with Batman. Here’s hoping Batgirl at least matches Robin’s base colour. Thanks ��
I think you may have mentioned it on the FB page. While the figures can be displayed together, I don't think they were ever going to be a diorama. Characters have different bases. Different rooftops. Different column rubble.

Batgirl is close to Robin's
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:31 PM   #880
JemBoyKen
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I think you may have mentioned it on the FB page. While the figures can be displayed together, I don't think they were ever going to be a diorama. Characters have different bases. Different rooftops. Different column rubble.

Batgirl is close to Robin's
Sorry grphyx1, but I’m not on any FB page...so it must be someone else with the same opinion as mine.

I guess the confusion on WW/Donna comes from when Chad had mentioned that Donna’s base was “designed to match” the WW base. To me, that meant that a display option would be to have them side by side. When the base is the commonality between the two pieces, a very simple paint application would have achieved that. Even the prototype of Donna’s that was shown seemed to better match WW’s base colour.

As for Batman and Robin...same deal. When Robin’s base changed for the EX to the gargoyle one, Chad said one of the reasons was to have a base that was more cohesive with Batman’s when displaying together. Even Batgirl’s base got the same looking gargoyle treatment...so those 3 are clearly on the same block in Gotham someplace. I’m just saying for me, it would have been nice if the base colours matched a bit better.