Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-30-2018, 11:23 AM   #881
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
LOL well cause they don't need your business they already have it. Same with me just got the Thanos and 4 other pre-orders in progress. You would think they would have thrown me a bone with the Thanos delivery but no dice. Honestly it seems Sideshow is tightening up on codes lately. Spooktacular seems to be the only thing you can count on.
I remember the days of monthly codes. So long ago....
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #882
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
As long as they clear within the next 2 years, you should be fine. Lol
Sad #truth....
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:04 PM   #883
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I give a new guy some advice on pre-ordering and you get your panties in a major twist... You think I was telling him how to get your sister into bed or something.

One only has to go through the various threads and look at pictures to see that SS is not consistently hitting home runs with all their pieces of course if you have low standards then I guess you might consider them home runs.....

Hell there is even a SS QC problem thread, they're the only company on this entire forum that has a thread like that. But hey your right it's all in my head.... I'm just crazy... Their factories make the best statues in the world, they never screw up any paint application, all those Iron Man statues with the smudgy paint lines between the armor pieces, it's not smudgy we just have bad eyesight... hell my Rey statue doesn't have different shades of brown on her skin, she just tans faster on her face then her arms and legs that's why they don't match

Superman is not leaning over from bad QC, he's just tired.... Batman's saggy armpits are designed to be that way so Batman has more room to move his arms around... Should I mention Black Canary's mutant hand or how they carved the grand canyon into the back of her legs. I'm pretty sure the phrase "googly eyes" was created because of the issue SS has had on and off again with eye positioning. Or how about my Poison Ivy plant heads that are now looking more or less straight down because their stems bent over time. I mean it's not like SS offers people $30 to look the other way....

I give SS plenty of credit when their factories do produce a great statue, they did an awesome job on the recent Red Sonja, but the Red Sonja they did a year before that one, yikes the paint app was bad.

To pretend everything their factory makes is perfect is a joke. Prime 1 and XM don't have anywhere near the QC issues sideshow seems to have... the main thing SS has going for them is they pretty much control all the 1/4 scale licenses so if you like certain characters SS is your only option. So much so some people will even spend another $200-$300 to get the statue repainted properly.

But hey throw me in the looney bin, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about....
*you're
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:25 PM   #884
Marbles
Frackin!

I ordered this soon as I saw it -
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:03 PM   #885
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think this is the nicest Wonder Woman statue I have seen so far. Hopefully Sideshow pulls off the QC. My only complaint is I think the previous one with her holding the spear gave her the presence of strength where the new one with the rope just gives me all those other thoughts. But hey, that sells. Looking forward to seeing some of you get this in hand. The best body sculpt on a Wonder Woman.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #886
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I think this is the nicest Wonder Woman statue I have seen so far. Hopefully Sideshow pulls off the QC. My only complaint is I think the previous one with her holding the spear gave her the presence of strength where the new one with the rope just gives me all those other thoughts. But hey, that sells. Looking forward to seeing some of you get this in hand. The best body sculpt on a Wonder Woman.
Harbottle sculpts tend to have that effect, newman aswell.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:00 PM   #887
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Harbottle sculpts tend to have that effect, newman aswell.
If I was tied up by this girl and forced to tell the truth, ohh man the filthy words of fornication that would be spewing forth as if from the depths of depravity. Like a newborn ready to suckle.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:05 PM   #888
Harbottle
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
If I was tied up by this girl and forced to tell the truth, ohh man the filthy words of fornication that would be spewing forth as if from the depths of depravity. Like a newborn ready to suckle.
Harbottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:05 PM   #889
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
Thank you sir.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:14 PM   #890
adee
Green Arrow

Nm