Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 08-01-2023, 11:46 AM   #81
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I almost bought that Homelander. Looks really well done.
Why did you not get the Homelander ? what prevented you ? It is an amazing figure. It looks increadible in hand.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 11:47 AM   #82
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Starkiller!
Yeah, i really like Starkiller as well. I wish he was canon.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:03 PM   #83
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Why did you not get the Homelander ? what prevented you ? It is an amazing figure. It looks increadible in hand.
I am always tempted by figures that I like but I have all of my current ones stored in boxes in the office closet. My figure buying has slacked off a lot as my statue collection has grown.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 01:09 PM   #84
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I am always tempted by figures that I like but I have all of my current ones stored in boxes in the office closet. My figure buying has slacked off a lot as my statue collection has grown.
Statues are too expensive. I like many many collectibles, but i don't want to give that kind of money to each and every one of them. I can't anyway, i don't have that kind of money amd space.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:58 PM   #85
Moviefan2k4
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Statues are too expensive. I like many many collectibles, but i don't want to give that kind of money to each and every one of them. I can't anyway, i don't have that kind of money and space.
It seems that you and I are in the same club. I recently bought both the Mezco 1/12th Crow figure, and the Hot Toys 1/6th Doc Brown. That cost me most of my spare money, so now I'm saving all I can for my next purchase.
Moviefan2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 06:20 AM   #86
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
It seems that you and I are in the same club. I recently bought both the Mezco 1/12th Crow figure, and the Hot Toys 1/6th Doc Brown. That cost me most of my spare money, so now I'm saving all I can for my next purchase.
Yeah, dude. It is not like i am a USD Billionaire. I am just irresponsible.
Old 08-11-2023, 11:07 PM   #87
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I wasn't able to take a photo of them in their boxes (got too excited to open them) but these are my latest MAFEX figures - classic Thor and Iron Man.

alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 12:21 PM   #88
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Congratulations. (:

I don't know what is wrong with that Mafex Classic Thor, he seems like a good figure from the picture but it is on discount on online toy stores. Mafex Classic Iron Man on the other hand is out of stock everywhere and really went up on value. I don't follow the classic Marvel (Avengers) line or Spider-Man line of Mafex. ( i only have Mafex Symbiot Spider-Man from the Spider-Man Line, i just love that Black Spider-Man costume) I am a DC guy. I only follow one line from Marvel. What i follow is:

-Mafex Zack Snyder JL Line
-Mafex Return of Superman Line
-Mafex Batman: Hush Line
-Mafex Batman: Knightfall Line
-Mafex X-Men Line

I have some missing figures from the lines which i follow, especially X-Men line because i was late to the party. :/ If Mafex make a line out of Daredevil, i will follow it as well. I plan to get the Mafex Daredevil figure which was revealed at SDCC 2023.

Medicom Mafex is currently my favorite Action Figure company because of the high quality DC & Marvel Comics Action Figure Lines.
Old 08-12-2023, 01:57 PM   #89
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Thanks! My only nitpick is that classic Thor should be bigger. He's the same size as Iron Man which feels wrong. But still I'm happy with him. I also pre-ordered comic Cap and hope they make the rest of the classic Avengers down the line like Vision, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, etc.

I plan to get Mafex Daredevil as well since he's my favorite Marvel character. He'd pair well with my Spider-Man. Not a fan of the X-Men sadly, though I think they're the best Marvel line from Mafex so far.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 02:33 PM   #90
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I bet Mafex will make all the core comics Avengers team members.

My favorite Marvel Character is Wolverine, but i missed both of the versions of Wolverine Action Figures from Mafex. :/ And they go for crazy amount of money on the second market now... I really don't want to pay those amounts.

I like Daredevil as well. Daredevil Comics is everything i want Batman comics to be actually as a Batman guy... I wish Batman comics wasn't like anything goes crazy. Instead i would like it to be dark, tragic and street level like Daredevil, especially without all the annoying sidekicks.

Best Mafex Figure so far is definetly the Knightfall Batman, Jean-Paul Valley for me so far. It is just so well made, the sculpt is amazing, very comics accurate, perfect paint job, amazing articulation. I rejoice like a little child each time my eyes lay on it.