Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 10-19-2015, 12:34 PM   #81
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I don't know. In the product pics, it just seems to me like the Vampire Killer is wired and poseable. I mean did they come out and say it's not poseable or just that it's made of PVC? This could still mean it's a soft, flexible PVC material around a wire allowing for some poseability. I was thinking it could be similar to what SSC did with their Catwoman's whip.

Where do we even email them? All I can find is a contact form on their website. Is that the only means to send feedback besides Facebook?
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #82
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

User question on facebook:

"Hi,
Can you please tell me whether or not, if Simon's "Vampire Killer" whip is made out of a poseable metal coil?
Thanks!"

F4F replied:

"No, PVC."

Someone followed up by asking if it was poseable at all, but there hasn't been a reply.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #83
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Where do we even email them? All I can find is a contact form on their website. Is that the only means to send feedback besides Facebook?
I submitted a message through that form on their website, but clicking send doesn't confirm that the message was sent, nor did I receive an email reply, so I have no idea if it actually went through. If I don't hear something in a couple days I'll post on facebook.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:01 PM   #84
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
User question on facebook:

"Hi,
Can you please tell me whether or not, if Simon's "Vampire Killer" whip is made out of a poseable metal coil?
Thanks!"

F4F replied:

"No, PVC."

Someone followed up by asking if it was poseable at all, but there hasn't been a reply.
Thanks. Yeah, their answer kinda leaves it open to interpretation. It really doesn't confirm or deny if it's poseable. Just the fact that it's not a metal material on the outside. Wish they could have elaborated on that a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I submitted a message through that form on their website, but clicking send doesn't confirm that the message was sent, nor did I receive an email reply, so I have no idea if it actually went through. If I don't hear something in a couple days I'll post on facebook.
Appreciate it. I'll try the form too.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:01 AM   #85
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

I got a reply from F4F! Customer service thanked me and claimed they would forward my requests to the production crew, and there was another F4F address CC'd...so they appear to be listening!

If you feel strongly about the whip and/or chain, I'd suggest making your voice heard through the website contact form.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:01 AM   #86
BerenKaneda
Frackin!

Im not sure about this figure... Its more expensive than Dracula and I dont understand why so much price difference... BTW and to be sure:

Regular one: Whip and cross.
EX: Whip, cross and Flail?

I dont like the Flail at all so in case I´ll fail and make the preorder i think i will just go for the regular one this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
I agree. we need the SOTN line. Alucard, Dracula, Death, Richter, and Maria. Perhaps boss characters as well such as Shaft, Olrox, Galamoth, etc.
Yeah we also need a Beelzebub in scale!!! Just joking.
BerenKaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:46 AM   #87
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerenKaneda View Post
Im not sure about this figure... Its more expensive than Dracula and I dont understand why so much price difference... BTW and to be sure:

I dont like the Flail at all so in case I´ll fail and make the preorder i think i will just go for the regular one this time.
No reading or research skills whatsoever.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #88
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

He's definitely overpriced I'll agree about that. Pricing is my biggest problem with F4F. Their sculpts aren't usually as intricate as other companies but they still charge the highest prices.

I suppose the QC makes up for it though. I've never had a problem with any of their products. Only time was with the Zelda statue as she turned out quite different from the prototype, but luckily I had cancelled that prior to her shipping out anyway.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #89
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerenKaneda View Post

Yeah...so, Simon is 1/4 and Dracula is 1/6. Regular is whip and pointing finger. Ex is flail and cross. I thought the website was pretty clear.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:24 PM   #90
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
So F4F said the vampire killer is made out of pvc. Can pvc be poseable?
Seems like they made it PVC so it would hold position for the pose. But not be so stiff to break in shipping. Since they didn't say it has a poseable wire like Hot Toys usually does with some of their capes. I don't think it's poseable.

Anyone here have Sideshow's Catwoman? How does that whip position hold up over time? Right now I would take a longer chain whip than a poseable normal whip. I'm kind of fine with the way it looks now.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote