Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-22-2021, 07:41 PM   #81
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
This is a kinda, "too little, too late" release now. Morrigan was great, and there was a lot of hype about getting an entire Darkstalkers line of statues released by HMO. But the hype is dead now, I think, and especially seeing as how HMO is only interested in doing (the same old) female characters that always gets released, it's kinda boring even... I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Hsien Ko were announced next in 3 years time =(

Not to jump on being HMO fan, but you do know that they are a small company, not like Prime 1 or Sideshow or XM. They don't have millions of dollars to work with.

There is a reason why Morrigan is worth double the amount of MSRP, it is because people love it and hype for it. None of their statues are boring as you stated, maybe HMO females is something you do not like but for the rest of us, we love the females.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:45 PM   #82
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

Quote:
This is a kinda, "too little, too late" release now. Morrigan was great, and there was a lot of hype about getting an entire Darkstalkers line of statues released by HMO. But the hype is dead now, I think, and especially seeing as how HMO is only interested in doing (the same old) female characters that always gets released, it's kinda boring even... I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Hsien Ko were announced next in 3 years time =(
I disagree compeltely. HMO's Morrigan as far as I can tell is one of the most well received 1/4 statues to come out in many many years. It is highly sought after and sells even at ludicrous prices above retail. Darkstalkers as an IP has been dead for decades, but that doesn't matter because the only characters people care about are the tits and ass characters of which will sell even to people who have no idea who they are. All the popular ladies will sell well. And while Morrigan and Felicia both have statues already, HMO's Morrigan is so much better than the competition it isn't even funny. I imagine Felicia will be much the same way. Hopefully they do Hsien Ko after, though I imagine she will be a hard sell and Lilith is more likely.

But yeah Darkstalkers popularity as an IP is irrelevant because designs like Morrigan are really popular. That is why she is in every Capcom crossover game. And as evident to how little people actually care about the IP, the vast majority of people think Morrigan is the protagonist which was never the case. I imagine the majority of people who know of Morrigan don't even know who Demitri is, and probably don't even know Darkstalkers has a cast of a bunch of monster designs rather than pinup girls.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:20 PM   #83
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Definitely not too little, too late for me. I'd love to see a Lilith in the line as well. Also, Kotobukiya just announced a brand new Darkstalkers license for their bishoujo line.

I've actually played the games (not just the Capcom crossover games). I was around back when the original Darkstalkers games were in the arcades, so this line is a nostalgia zone for me.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:03 AM   #84
ukshaun
Hercules

I own Capcom's Vampire Savior on the Sega Saturn (Japanese model) complete with 4MB expansion cartridge. Required to hold all those frames of animation. I tend to play as Felicia
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:33 AM   #85
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Wait, what? Are you trying to use reverse psychology so you can nab a piece before it sells out? HMO pieces, especially the women sell out within 24-72 hours. Morrigan & Mai although not my ideal pieces were instant hits. X & Zero sorta sold out within the same time and they’re not sexy girls. I’ll be old or dead by the time F4F release a Donkey Kong statue or finishes their Metal Gear line but that doesn’t mean interest is dead for those licenses.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:00 PM   #86
qz33
Baron Zemo

Mai is Mai and Morrigan was put up years ago.
Point DiscoCougar is making is past Felicia they've pretty much shot their wad here.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:18 PM   #87
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Mai is Mai and Morrigan was put up years ago.
Point DiscoCougar is making is past Felicia they've pretty much shot their wad here.
Providing the piece looks good - watch Felicia sell out fast.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 01:30 PM   #88
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

If HMO announced Chun-Li, Cammy, Lilith, Nakoruru, etc. they would sell out. The company doesn't use a road map to stick with a franchise or Felicia would have come before Mai. I was expecting that with Mega Man X but that's not what their plans were, same with Devil May Cry. They did a few pieces and moved on. They know what sells now, glass eyes and boobs and there's a lot of boobs out there. Mark my words Chun-Li will be made and she will sell out.

I understand your frustration Disco. I would love to see Anakaris or BB Hood, but that's never going to happen.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:07 PM   #89
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
If HMO announced Chun-Li, Cammy, Lilith, Nakoruru, etc. they would sell out. The company doesn't use a road map to stick with a franchise or Felicia would have come before Mai. I was expecting that with Mega Man X but that's not what their plans were, same with Devil May Cry. They did a few pieces and moved on. They know what sells now, glass eyes and boobs and there's a lot of boobs out there. Mark my words Chun-Li will be made and she will sell out.

I understand your frustration Disco. I would love to see Anakaris or BB Hood, but that's never going to happen.
To be fair Mega Man series already had 2 characters from that line, it is only fair that they go back to the Dark Stalker line. The official license Street Fighter is already over saturated. How many Chun Li did we have already and how many Felicia do we have in the statue market, probably less than any of the characters combine. Beside HMO already decide a long time ago to do the Felicia.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:17 PM   #90
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

My comment was made about the Darkstalkers franchise as a whole with HMO. Once they announced they were creating whatever their female branded line is called, then of course I knew Darkstalkers wasn't going to be focused on or completed. But to see HMO going back to Darkstalkers already with Felicia as their 3rd release instead of expanding this female line with someone else from some other game, then that's where my "too little, too late" comment comes in to play. Then added to that, each release is taking 2-3 years between initial announcement and final release (and you're doubling up on choosing characters from one franchise), then yea... your female line is also, "too little, too late."

I say do more Capcom. Do a Juri. Do a Jill Valentine. Do a sexy Mega Man Roll. Do more SNK. Do a Charlotte. Do an Eri Kasamoto. Do characters from other video games that you haven't picked from and characters that other companies aren't already making (made). Choosing Felicia doesn't feel unique or varied at all when compared to other companies when HMO is branding their female line as being from various games.

And, yea, I'm not going to buy a Felicia that won't complete a Darkstalkers collection, especially when she's a character that has statues released of her by other companies already that didn't complete a Darkstalkers line either... Maybe if HMO would have announced they were going to release an all Darkstalkers female line, then I might have collected these. But there's no plan here, and I can't/won't afford such a cluster**ck of characters that will make no sense on my shelves other than, "they're just females" =/
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote