Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Tony Perna

Old 05-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #81
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
You must be refering to my Lord of the Rings Masterpieces 2 6 returned cards as I haven't done anything with my MM07 or WoM artists proofs. Remember though, I only got paid $1.50 per card (which I still haven't been paid for) for LOTRM2. The 6 back is what made it worth doing.

That is what I was talking about, but also in general the cards back is where the cash comes from.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:20 PM   #82
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
I've been asked to work on Fantastic Four but I may pass. I'm still debating on it. I'm not sure what's going on with Masterpieces 3. If I have the time, I'll work on it.

Any reason in particular why you would pass?
Old 05-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #83
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
That is what I was talking about, but also in general the cards back is where the cash comes from.
But not every company gives the artist back any returned cards or artists proofs. Rittenhouse Archives tried it with Women of Marvel, but are not going to do it with any other card set. The artist gets paid a flat rate per card and that's it.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #84
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Any reason in particular why you would pass?
I've got a commission list that needs my attention. I'm trying to work something out with RA, so we'll see what happens.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #85
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
I've got a commission list that needs my attention. I'm trying to work something out with RA, so we'll see what happens.

Well for the sketch collectors out there I hope you do it, but I guess it comes down to what pays the bills first.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #86
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Well for the sketch collectors out there I hope you do it, but I guess it comes down to what pays the bills first.

I would like to work on FF to be totally honest, but I worked on 3 card sets since november back to back with a 2 week gap in-between the second and third set which has put other commissions on the back burner. If it can be worked out with RA then everything should be cool. Otherwise, I'm just going to pass on it and concentrate on my commissions and the con in august that I'm setting up at.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #87
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
I would like to work on FF to be totally honest, but I worked on 3 card sets since november back to back with a 2 week gap in-between the second and third set which has put other commissions on the back burner. If it can be worked out with RA then everything should be cool. Otherwise, I'm just going to pass on it and concentrate on my commissions and the con in august that I'm setting up at.

Is getting in there at 50 or less an option?
Old 05-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #88
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Is getting in there at 50 or less an option?

150 minimum.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:25 PM   #89
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
150 minimum.

Is that the requirement for this set only? Because NAR, Czop, Bradley and Castrillo did less than that for WOM.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:57 PM   #90
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Is that the requirement for this set only? Because NAR, Czop, Bradley and Castrillo did less than that for WOM.
It's the requirment on all of their sets, but sometimes the artist just can't meet that requirement. Castrillo worked on a card set years ago that Rittenhouse just loved so they asked him to do as many as he could. Czop has been in the industry for many years, so they let it slide for him. I know for a fact that Nar and Kate Bradley were both contracted for 150 cards each, but personal issues came up for them both so they couldn't fulfill the 150 quota. I know that Nar did do a total of 100 cards. 36 were pack inserted and the remaining 64 are being randomly given to collectors and dealers.