Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 11:11 PM   #81
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Hey Bryan, have you guys considered doing this Avenger? I am pushing for him to finally be made in 1/4 form. I would love to see him made with his horse....but without would be just as fine?

So have you thought about him?

I have no clue who that guy is.....
Old 08-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #82
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Black Knight I believe.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:13 PM   #83
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I'd be willing to bet that he never gets made in 1/4 scale. If XM is smart, they'd double up and do alternate versions of ones they've already done. A modern Thor, brown costumed Wolverine, Gray or Red Hulk and multiple Spider-Man pieces would all outsell Black Knight. If they made him, it'd have to be at an ES of like 100. At that point, is it worth it?
First of all, if that's your mentality, XM Studios will quickly go the way of SS....and that simply will not do.

Secondly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY....not only will Black Knight sell in the same vein as Hawkeye, he would probably be a much more wanted character because only Bowen Designs as far as I know have made him (successfully might I add). There were 1200 made of the classic costume:

and then there was a 300 variant made of the Red version.

Now, no one makes a statue of a character that's not going to sell really (unless its SS Venomsaurus). Secondly, you don't do variants of an unwanted haphazard character.

If XM was to do this with him on his horse (think Ghost Rider on his motorcycle), I guarantee you it will be huge and highly sought after statue. This would not be a 800 edition Magneto but rather a 300 Black Knight. Sounds like Hawkeye might be less than 500. So it would balance out.

Some of you really need to read up on Marvel comic characters....especially Avengers. There are tons of characters NOT NAMED SPIDERMAN, WOLVERINE, IRON MAN, and HULK that will sell in droves if done phenomenally!!!

Here are 4 characters off the top of my head that are rarer but will sell quickly:

1) Black Knight w/horse
2) Ghost Rider w/motorcycle
3) Moon Knight
4) Valkyrie w/ horse

So without anyone answering or commenting for XM.....Bryan I ask again....any thoughts on doing any of these characters? 2 are Avengers (West / East Coast Avengers). 1 was a Defender along with Dr. Strange, Silver Sufer, and Gargoyle (I think).
Old 08-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #84
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
First of all, if that's your mentality, XM Studios will quickly go the way of SS....and that simply will not do.

Secondly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY....not only will Black Knight sell in the same vein as Hawkeye, he would probably be a much more wanted character because only Bowen Designs as far as I know have made him (successfully might I add). There were 1200 made of the classic costume:

and then there was a 300 variant made of the Red version.

Now, no one makes a statue of a character that's not going to sell really (unless its SS Venomsaurus). Secondly, you don't do variants of an unwanted haphazard character.

If XM was to do this with him on his horse (think Ghost Rider on his motorcycle), I guarantee you it will be huge and highly sought after statue. This would not be a 800 edition Magneto but rather a 300 Black Knight. Sounds like Hawkeye might be less than 500. So it would balance out.

Some of you really need to read up on Marvel comic characters....especially Avengers. There are tons of characters NOT NAMED SPIDERMAN, WOLVERINE, IRON MAN, and HULK that will sell in droves if done phenomenally!!!

Here are 4 characters off the top of my head that are rarer but will sell quickly:

1) Black Knight w/horse
2) Ghost Rider w/motorcycle
3) Moon Knight
4) Valkyrie w/ horse
I would consider pricing as well. From what I know, you sound very committed to XM, and while I wish I could too, I'd be very selective as to what is coming out.

The parts mentioning no one making anyone that no one wants, is a very good point, definitely. I just say I mean XM will probably only do heavy hitters first to earn a bit of a margin profit, in order to eventually make others. I don't necessarily know what was the price range for Bowen pieces, but I'm guessing XM hits maybe double or even triple the cost on some of those pieces.

I'm just saying if I expect an Enchantress, I'd have to realize people like Rogue, Storm, Jean, or even Black Cat would be made first in order to eventually get an Enchantress.

TL;DR:
Black Knight would be great, but don't see him being in the first batch of people to be released.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #85
keewan
Death is hereditary.

If you own XM, will you seriously consider doing 300 Black Knight that cost $700 for US buyer? I get that people want statues that aren't common made, but they aren't made for a reason. If they don't think they can sell 500 Hawkeyes, they aren't going to sell 300 Black Knight. Hawkeyes is a lot more well known than Black Knight. Most people who don't read comic still know Hawkeyes from watching a couple of the marvel movies.

I just went to search "Bowen Black Knight" and look at the completed auction, it's almost all unsold... That should be your answer when you ask a statue to be made.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:30 PM   #86
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeTheDoctor View Post
I would consider pricing as well. From what I know, you sound very committed to XM, and while I wish I could too, I'd be very selective as to what is coming out.

The parts mentioning no one making anyone that no one wants, is a very good point, definitely. I just say I mean XM will probably only do heavy hitters first to earn a bit of a margin profit, in order to eventually make others. I don't necessarily know what was the price range for Bowen pieces, but I'm guessing XM hits maybe double or even triple the cost on some of those pieces.

I'm just saying if I expect an Enchantress, I'd have to realize people like Rogue, Storm, Jean, or even Black Cat would be made first in order to eventually get an Enchantress.

TL;DR:
Black Knight would be great, but don't see him being in the first batch of people to be released.
Absolutely bro. This wouldn't probably make it to the 2nd Marvel run with all the characters they have thought about doing. I just wanted to know if this had been considered or would they ever consider doing it.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:32 PM   #87
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
If you own XM, will you seriously consider doing 300 Black Knight that cost $700 for US buyer? I get that people want statues that aren't common made, but they aren't made for a reason. If they don't think they can sell 500 Hawkeyes, they aren't going to sell 300 Black Knight. Hawkeyes is a lot more well known than Black Knight. Most people who don't read comic still know Hawkeyes from watching a couple of the marvel movies.

I just went to search "Bowen Black Knight" and look at the completed auction, it's almost all unsold... That should be your answer when you ask a statue to be made.
1500 total ES vs. 300? That's 5 times as many Kee....so NO, it doesn't answer a damn thing!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #88
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

XM would be very wise to go where Sideshow refuses...

LOKI
Old 08-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #89
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Absolutely bro. This wouldn't probably make it to the 2nd Marvel run with all the characters they have thought about doing. I just wanted to know if this had been considered or would they ever consider doing it.
Ah my bad. I got your point now
Hope they consider and make one for your list. My condolences to your wallet however

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
XM would be very wise to go where Sideshow refuses...

LOKI
SSC pretty much confirmed one...just saying.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #90
JorgeLoyo
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
The definite edition size has not been set for Mags - our promise to collectors is that our statues will never go beyond 999. Mags will very likely have higher ES than Captain America for instance due to high demand. Hawkeye for instance may turn out to have lesser ES (which helps to balance demands vs supply). ES will be finalized typically 1 to 2 months from first colored reveal (in this case, in Sept 2014)
Thank you being so awesome, got my Cap las week and he left me completely speechless. I love what XM stands for and everything you are doing. Keep up the amazing work guys. It's been a great year to be a collector and the future of statues looks as bright as ever thanks to you guys
Closed Thread