Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #81
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

ok, took me a while (a long while actually) but here's a few pics from my stopover visit to Singapore a few weeks back.

Back in the UK now and settling in. Al lmy statues arrived today so gotta get to checking those but least I have a bit of display space now. Anyway onto the pics. As mentioned before, nothing that hasn't already been seen so don't get too excited. A few ok shots in there but wasn't paying too much attention to quality tbh so there's a few slightly blurry images.

Here goes, first few are from a slightly different perspective:

Talk to the hand!

Magmeatheadno:

Old thanos base. New one looks awesome though, can't wait to see it in person as I only got to see it being worked on at the earliest stage i.e. a block of acrylic and plaster.

ok more to come...
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #82
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

next lot:

First time saw hulk in person. Very nice and the paint app is much better than it appears in most photos + as some have alluded to before the texturing on the shirt etc is excellent. If I hadn't picked up the SS avengers maquette I'd seriously consider this although I would have to get a custom head done (just not my taste on that front) + the seam line was a bit too noticeable for my liking.

ok, had to include this one cos I thought it showed off the paint app on the sentinel hand very nicely + gives a real nice idea of size with multiple people next to it. Wasn't sure if the peeps in the pic (other than Seng) want to be shown in pics so I edited them out, heh!

Last few - pics of the magneto head. I was really impressed with the paint app here. reminded me of hot toys quality on the skin tone finish.

Ok, I'll leave it there. Hope they were a bit of a mini gap filler for those of you wanting some updates even if they were nothing new.

off to bed now, been a long day of unpacking...
Old 12-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #83
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

wow....big thanks for posting the pictures,great to see them in diffrent perspective.
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #84
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks for the pics. Paint apps look amazing...
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:32 AM   #85
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Great pics, thx.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #86
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Hey fellas! Sorry about the long silence. I'm actually in Korea on vacation and will be back on the 26th (boxing day) - need to be back to make sure that PO gets up

Ben and Sent are busy with QC in China so that's why things are abit quiet but we've got Mufizal pushing the HX project - Marvel Assemble 1/6 so please do show some support there!

Man it's freeeeeeeeeezing in Korea. They don't seem to have a huge collectible market here though. Any Koreans in this forum?
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #87
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
next lot:

First time saw hulk in person. Very nice and the paint app is much better than it appears in most photos + as some have alluded to before the texturing on the shirt etc is excellent. If I hadn't picked up the SS avengers maquette I'd seriously consider this although I would have to get a custom head done (just not my taste on that front) + the seam line was a bit too noticeable for my liking.

ok, had to include this one cos I thought it showed off the paint app on the sentinel hand very nicely + gives a real nice idea of size with multiple people next to it. Wasn't sure if the peeps in the pic (other than Seng) want to be shown in pics so I edited them out, heh!

Last few - pics of the magneto head. I was really impressed with the paint app here. reminded me of hot toys quality on the skin tone finish.

Ok, I'll leave it there. Hope they were a bit of a mini gap filler for those of you wanting some updates even if they were nothing new.

off to bed now, been a long day of unpacking...
Super slick photos! Pity I missed your visit Bobfrog. Would have been awesome to see your greatest experience yet - chugging down DURIAN!!!
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #88
Bobfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Super slick photos! Pity I missed your visit Bobfrog. Would have been awesome to see your greatest experience yet - chugging down DURIAN!!!
Ha! thanks mate. It was an .... "experience" that's all I can say, lol. I think I managed to politely consume near to two in the end. I was just imagining that scene from indiana jones and the temple of doom

And thanks for the call, much appreciated. Would've been great to catch up but sure we'll catch up somewhere down the line. You guys need to come to london comic con next year if you get time!!
Old 12-27-2014, 05:17 AM   #89
demonhunter
Kingpin

This year's Comic Fiesta in Kuala Lumpur is great! It's even better than last year. Bigger, badder. But the biggest biggest highlight was meeting the team from Studio HIVE of Thailand. It was a great pleasure meeting & talking with the General Manager for Studio HIVE, Kan Supabanpot, & Creative Director for Studio HIVE, Skan Srisuwan. First of all, very happy that they got the Top Cow Productions, Inc. character licenses and will be working with XM Studios Premium Collectibles on it. And I'm very happy to know that for sure, Witchblade & The Darkness are definitely in the Top Cow statues line up & will be in 1/4 scale. Khun Kan was very enthusiastic when speaking about Witchblade & The Darkness. We both agreed that the amount of intricacies and beautiful details on the Witchblade armour is beautiful to behold & would look absolutely stunning in 1/4 scale from Studio HIVE. Thanks also to Khun Skan for autographing my Studio HIVE + XM Studios prints of Thanos & Magneto. Thank you very much. Hope you enjoy the stay in Malaysia. Cheers.

demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 05:21 AM   #90
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

these art prints are awesome!
acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote