Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-04-2016, 01:47 PM   #81
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Hi New Collector

Sorry for jumping in late into this. We've just returned from a Las Vegas Licensing show and then straight into some workshops (an upgrading program to understand where XM can improve in all aspects) so I haven't been logging to SF for awhile but wow... this thread has grown! Took me awhile to read through.

I dug through my email and yes one Ms Marvel issue reported from Australia showed up so I believe I know who you are. We exchanged a few emails and I explained to you that XM is unable to help you directly as you purchased the products off an non official distributor or what we term as private collector/seller. Firstly, there is the legal implications of XM openly supporting sales out of our zones which will get us into trouble. Secondly, in this market, it is common for a product to change a few hands from owners to owners - and sometimes accidents do happen in these private transactions where statues get damaged, maybe it wasn't packed securely, maybe the courier had a bad day and decided to take it out on the box (cuz it's darn heavy) but the point is, we hope you understand XM Studios cannot be held accountable for damages or issues down the line between secondary or third hand transactions. I'm pretty confident no company on the market offers an unlimited life time warranty for statues. It's just not practical nor sustainable. What I can guarantee though, is that we've never turned away a direct customer or one that has purchased from an official distributor.

If you recall, I offered you some suggestions such as seeking refund/returns from the seller citing unsatisfactory product. He in turn can take it up with who sold him the statue and work it up the chain eventually coming back to us - and this is very important because it means we are now talking about the proper channel and territory we can support. Another alternative is to get a quote from your local hobby shop to fix the statue and have the seller pay for the damages.

You may not be aware, but I actually took it a step further and wrote to your seller then (please check with him if you don't believe me), requesting that he do the right thing and take care of his customer - you. My big mistake was assuming the seller did in fact took care of it for you. And as there were no further communications/queries from you since, I had assumed the case resolved. I now realize that the seller did nothing for you and left you sorting out the issues yourself. For this, I'm truly sorry you had to go through such a negative experience. If it's a clear manufacturing defect such as the Black Widow Leaning batch (breakage isn't a manufacturing defect), we will honor a replacement from the factory wherever the collector is based, and we have. Most of our distributors also have local support to help touch up or make minor repairs. Again the issue is that you got your statues from a private seller so unfortunately you need to hold him accountable for the condition of the goods he's sold you. We've experienced cases where sellers have opened up, displayed, damaged the product (maybe without even realizing it) and packed it up for resale. This is why I'm of firm belief private sellers need to be accountable - they're making profits off selling, its not unreasonable to expect them to take a little responsibility.

There're a couple of things you've pointed out and I'm hoping to address them.
  1. Ms Marvel breakage. As I've explained, contact your seller, get a refund/return. He should have insured the shipping. You shouldn't have to pay for the repair - the seller should.
  2. Blackbolt. I've yet to hear any complaints about the base paint app. Again, if you felt it wasn't satisfactory, return it and ask for a refund/exchange. Remember, your seller can do the same to us if he purchased it directly from us, and we would offer a refund if he wasn't satisfied. So should he as your seller.
  3. Dr Strange's book being upside down. This is a first time I've heard of an upside down sticker. If true, I'll classify this as a manufacturing defect. So zones doesn't apply, send the book back to us and we'll replace it. We'd cover the shipping too.
  4. Medusa's hair is designed to have a hole to hold the sceptor. If you had followed our facebook and forum posts, you would know that we originally wanted the hair to hold a chalice but the designed wasn't approved. We almost scrapped having the hair hold anything but many collectors requested that the hair do something so we decided to let it hold a scepter, to symbolize the link between the Queen and the King. We are not trying to please everyone, just most. I'm sorry if the hole doesn't work for you and is distracting you from the other aspects of the statue but it is what it is.
  5. Your comment on XM is not competent enough to organize international shipping. It's really not that simple. There are contractual reasons why we can't - It's not that we don't want to but we can't.
  6. XM being a deceptive company because we don't update our website photos. XM has always pride ourselves for listening to collectors - this has often led us changing and improving our products even post PO. Take Phoenix for instance, we originally planned for the bird to be solid resin but a poll was conducted and majority voted for clear resin - this was done after PO so the website was showing the original prototype. This is why we have the disclaimer "Prototype shown and pending final approval, final product may differ" on all product pages (check it out right at the bottom foot note). But you know what? We didn't update the old prototype photos because we got caught up in all the new stuff we are doing - careless yes! Deceptive... is kinda harsh. You have however brought out a good point - we can't expect new collectors to know about the polls and ongoing changes so we have done some new photo shoots of our final production pieces and updated the website. Do check out the new photos... they are much more professional than the ones Ben and myself take in house.

Hulk - http://www.xm-studios.com/incredible-hulk.aspx
    Magneto - http://www.xm-studios.com/magneto.aspx
    Wolverine - http://www.xm-studios.com/wolverine.aspx
    Antman - http://www.xm-studios.com/ant-man.aspx
    Jean Grey - http://www.xm-studios.com/jean-grey-phoenix.aspx
    Thanos - http://www.xm-studios.com/thanos.aspx
    Ironman Mark 7 - http://www.xm-studios.com/iron-man-mk-vii.aspx
    Thor - http://www.xm-studios.com/thor.aspx
    She Hulk - http://www.xm-studios.com/she-hulk.aspx
    Daredevil - http://www.xm-studios.com/daredevil.aspx
    Medusa - http://www.xm-studios.com/medusa.aspx
    Kraven - http://www.xm-studios.com/kraven.aspx

Also, you will be happy to know that we've listened and changed with regards to changing our products too much post PO. You will find that the more recent PO products such as Ghost Rider and Kraven - what you see on our website is pretty much what you'd get.

Last but not least, we do care. Which explains why I'm up at 2 am my time writing this response to you, as well as arranged for products photos retaken and updated the website.

I do not believe you are a troll - you are an unhappy collector seeking a voice and that alone was enough reason for me to dig into my email archives all the way till last year December until I found you. I know the fact hasn't changed - there is still little support we can provide you due to you being out of our operating zones but I hope my response can at least provide you with more understanding on how and why we do things. I acknowledge we have shortcomings and your feedback has helped us improved (new product photos finally uploaded!) so a big thank you on behalf of my team. I hope XM can one day deal directly with you and get a chance to win you back as a XM customer - global distribution is a dream we are working towards still.

For now, please drop me an email and let's sort out your Dr Strange book defect asap. If you have other XM statue issues, we do provide repair services (chargeable) but I will waive it for you (you'd need to pay for shipping though).

Last edited by shorudan; 07-04-2016 at 01:49 PM. Reason: added bullets to make it easier to read!
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:44 PM   #82
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Shorudan,
I think your comments show great class, professionalism as well as a true and genuine customer focused attitude.
I do not own any statue from XM Studios yet (I am still hoping for a Juggernaut statue one day to spend my hard earned cash on... ) but seeing how kindly and helpful you replied to New Collector, I will buy a statue from XM Studios with full confidence and pride should it ever come to it.

Keep up the good work Shorudan/XM Studios; I am truly impressed!

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 04:21 PM   #83
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Awesome on point response Bryan. I am not surprised.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:55 PM   #84
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I contacted my distributor about my Thor wrist and cape chips. I don't expect XM to directly take care of the problems that I have with my Thor because I didn't order directly from them. However, I do hope to have my distributor receive the replacement parts from XM, and then ship them to me. That's what Sideshow would do if you ordered from one of their resellers instead of from Sideshow directly.
I think the problems that people are having is that some of the XM resellers are not normally in the business of selling internationally. So customer service is an issue.
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:38 PM   #85
omarfallaha
Fantastic Four

I literally broke my Magneto helmet while doing my review for it (LOL), a year and a half after I bought it and I contacted XM. They told me 100 bucks or something and you'll get a new one. Boom my magneto is brand new again. A YEAR AND A HALF after I bought it. I love these guys. I had another small issue with my daredevil and they hooked me up with a new head right away, their customer service is very reasonable.

I 100% support XM. It's not their responsibility to cover after market for free. Most dudes selling XM are making a profit, including me. If something were to happen I don't tell my buyer to go to XM? lol I pay for the damage myself, it's a part of the risk I'm taking as a seller.
omarfallaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:21 PM   #86
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Firstly, don't put words in my mouth please. Secondly, I didn't respond to you...I responded to VS...lastly...but now that you have raised my ire...a diatribe I now compose.

Let's get to the solid points you have of this thread.

1) Yes, there are some flaws that you have pics of (some really piss poor like Black Bolt), but I can see the imperfections...I think? The Dr. Strange is clearly a boo boo...a mistake that should be rectified. Having it put on upside down is definitely a goof up. The Ms. Marvel base situation is clearly something that happened during shipping...I would think that could be recitified by someone in your area with some apoxy/resin and a paint up...sure...you shouldn't have to, but the issue is there...so are you going to just let it sit broken or do something about it.

2) No...I don't think the pics of problems you show is nitpicking...they are legitimate. The nitpick which is clearly not a flaw but a design choice is the Medusa slot that holds the trident / scepter. I will give you this...XM could have added a little plug to add to that section when the trident is not in place. XM usually address and adds those little things, and has done so in all of their other pieces. So, yes, there could be something that XM could have done for that...but it is not necessary. The point of Medusa is that it is there meant to be displayed. My thinking is that XM added that in case no one owns Black Bolt. For those that do, the trident is an option for BB, one of the reasons I like having the option / choice of switch out parts. IMO, what if BB never had a trident included...would it make the statue any less impressive? No....absolutely not...at least not IMHO. I've never even seen BB use a trident in any of the comics I have read with him in it. Each statue is a product in and of itself...unless XM states otherwise. So Medusa is meant to have that staff displayed.

3) This, outside of the BB and Dr. Strange book (a clear mistake) is a big thing I think XM needs to change...UPDATED PICS TO RELEASED OR PO STATUES ON THEIR WEBSITE IF THERE ARE CHANGES. And NC...that has already been addressed by myself...or rather...I have brought it up to XM directly on facebook. Great point you brought up...and quite honestly...it is something I thought about but never mentioned...because it wasn't super important to me since I know / knew of all changes or additions before the PO went up (with the exception of the added true silver antenna of BB).

All these points I just addressed are very valid and they are by NO MEANS TRIVIAL. Good job on this...and believe me...I don't see any disrespect intended in this regard.

NOW FOR THE NONSENSE!!!!!!!!

1) Everything else you said about "AD" or choices in certain pieces you listed. Nuff said! But if you want me to retort to each individual "issue", I would be happy to.

It seems to me your biggest problem is ignorance...not as human...just in the case of purchasing XM statues. Everyone else has already mentioned where XM can and can not sell...however, with Worldwide products that would be different.

All I can tell you...which I can definitely understand gagaliya's point...is DO NOT BUY XM PRODUCTS if you have had this many problems in this company's short lifespan. No product from any company I have seen has been completely perfect. Some have sure come close....many XM products, a few Gentle Giant products, maybe about 4 or 5 Sideshow products and Prime 1 seems to be pretty fantastic with their QC and paint apps. I don't want to fail to mention PCS has a few exceptional pieces as far as QC goes.

The interesting thing that you never point out is how...the majority of people that have received an XM product get a highly impressive statue...one that simply can not be questioned when it comes to a company caring about it's products. Maybe you should have titled this thread:

MY XM STUDIOS QC PROBLEMS / ISSUES (QUALITY CONTROL)

because that is what this practically is. Gagaliya does not own any XM products so he is ignorant to the quality of XM. There is one guy in the Q & A section of XM that did not receive a Ms. Marvel poster and is waiting on getting one...apparently he did not get the memo about being outside the approved territories. This has been the single most worst experience of his life so he says. Then this leads me to dino76...hmmm...same situation as you it seems.

All this is actually bad for you two...but balancing for XM...because it shows that they are not perfect...and it gives them something to want to be better. So I am actually not bothered by this topic you posted because others will be able to see "NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW OF IMPERFECTION."

You see NC...I in my reviews have stated in the open any flaws I recieved on my statues (however miniscule they may be)...so there's no need to hide...no need to skimp on details to make XM look better or less flawed. XM is out in the open...and their practice of getting fan interaction is the single best thing I have seen in this hobby of ours. XM obviously cares enough for the customer to try and give them the best product possible.

Take Spider Gwen for example, a damn near finished Spider Gwen and they decided to go back to the drawing board and come up with a great new concept which I am sure they will show when they are ready to. You can't appease everyone, so sometimes, changes that some like others don't. So some are going to be let down by that...can't be helped.

I feel for you NC...and dino76 (a bad experience from only 1 statue...very unfortunate though). Others have had issues and it seems they were addressed. I received my Ant Man redone head about 3 months ago...free of charge from my friend that helps me acquire XM products overseas. So these issues are addressed. The Black Widow leaning issue was clearly a problem that was addressed. Mine never had that problem so she was fine for me. Up till this time...the biggest issue XM has had IMO is the Phoenix / Jean Gray headgate issue.

XM has a long way to go in improving in certain areas...they even know that themselves. You have to know your deficiencies to change or correct things. Female portraits are looking better each character they do.

So there you have it...if I feel I missed anything I wanted to share I will post it. I can tell you this...you ain't seen nothing yet NC...there are things to come that will floor folks...new licenses that will be most welcome and most wanted. I have a feeling Transformers will FLOOR FOLK, especially if you want something G1 just more detailed and not overexaggerated like Prime 1 (don't get me wrong...I like that too...very nice). And I'm so happy I'm getting CHILLS right now.... That will completely fly over most people's heads.

Happy collecting NC...cause I know I sure as hell will!
Thank you for your kind reply Loric,
I know that you are a big fan and supporter of xm studios and so I do appreciate that you sent a kind reply to me and I appreciate that you found some of my points to be "very valid and that they are by NO MEANS TRIVIAL". I wish that your first reply to me had of been something along these lines, but I understand why it wasn't.

You mentioned: "so are you going to just let it sit broken or do something about it". - I have had Ms. Marvel repaired and repainted which I explained in earlier posts on this thread, (it ended up costing me $400.00 AUD). Black Bolt is next to be repaired, I am sure he will do as good a job as what he did for Ms. Marvel. It just sucks having to pay extra to have the faults fixed up.

I appreciate your advice where you mentioned: "All I can tell you...which I can definitely understand gagaliya's point...is DO NOT BUY XM PRODUCTS if you have had this many problems in this company's short lifespan". - I 100% agree, I explained in my original post on this thread ("This was the point where I contacted my distributor in Singapore and explained that I will not be purchasing any more statues from XM Studios and that I had totally lost faith in the company and did not trust them. At that point I had already paid him deposits for Dr. Strange, Mysterio and also for Medusa so had no choice but to go through with the purchase of these pieces. The pieces that I had on order with him that I had not paid deposits on yet were all canceled).

Loric, honestly thank you man for taking the time to write your reply to me. I am still wondering if someone has hacked your account and sent this message on your behalf as a joke... just jk,

Anyway, thanks.

I don't mean to end this reply on a sour note considering your message was very kind, I just don't want any misunderstanding or anything.
Loric, I didn't put "words in your mouth", your original quote is listed below where you begin with "Isn't that the truth VS". I honestly don't know how I could have viewed your comment in any other way than that you agreed with VS1976 that the examples I had listed where nitpicking.

Anyways, Thank you Loric, Happy Collecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
If you have to nitpick every statue you get them this hobby is not for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Isn't that the truth VS. I to this day have not had one statue that didn't have something happen to it...well with maybe the exception of XM Dr. Strange, She-Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Bolt. Still trying to find issues with those.
New Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:51 AM   #87
mdc
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
Adamantium Member

I have asked xm to make comment on this which they did and they have satisfied everything that I needed to know , iam sorry that I had second thought of xm QC but now you guys are the best, I do own 4 statues from XM and they all in perfect condition. XM is the only company that I focus on because of the quality, best customer service , thank you bryan.
mdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:19 PM   #88
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Hi New Collector

Sorry for jumping in late into this. We've just returned from a Las Vegas Licensing show and then straight into some workshops (an upgrading program to understand where XM can improve in all aspects) so I haven't been logging to SF for awhile but wow... this thread has grown! Took me awhile to read through.

I dug through my email and yes one Ms Marvel issue reported from Australia showed up so I believe I know who you are. We exchanged a few emails and I explained to you that XM is unable to help you directly as you purchased the products off an non official distributor or what we term as private collector/seller. Firstly, there is the legal implications of XM openly supporting sales out of our zones which will get us into trouble. Secondly, in this market, it is common for a product to change a few hands from owners to owners - and sometimes accidents do happen in these private transactions where statues get damaged, maybe it wasn't packed securely, maybe the courier had a bad day and decided to take it out on the box (cuz it's darn heavy) but the point is, we hope you understand XM Studios cannot be held accountable for damages or issues down the line between secondary or third hand transactions. I'm pretty confident no company on the market offers an unlimited life time warranty for statues. It's just not practical nor sustainable. What I can guarantee though, is that we've never turned away a direct customer or one that has purchased from an official distributor.

If you recall, I offered you some suggestions such as seeking refund/returns from the seller citing unsatisfactory product. He in turn can take it up with who sold him the statue and work it up the chain eventually coming back to us - and this is very important because it means we are now talking about the proper channel and territory we can support. Another alternative is to get a quote from your local hobby shop to fix the statue and have the seller pay for the damages.

You may not be aware, but I actually took it a step further and wrote to your seller then (please check with him if you don't believe me), requesting that he do the right thing and take care of his customer - you. My big mistake was assuming the seller did in fact took care of it for you. And as there were no further communications/queries from you since, I had assumed the case resolved. I now realize that the seller did nothing for you and left you sorting out the issues yourself. For this, I'm truly sorry you had to go through such a negative experience. If it's a clear manufacturing defect such as the Black Widow Leaning batch (breakage isn't a manufacturing defect), we will honor a replacement from the factory wherever the collector is based, and we have. Most of our distributors also have local support to help touch up or make minor repairs. Again the issue is that you got your statues from a private seller so unfortunately you need to hold him accountable for the condition of the goods he's sold you. We've experienced cases where sellers have opened up, displayed, damaged the product (maybe without even realizing it) and packed it up for resale. This is why I'm of firm belief private sellers need to be accountable - they're making profits off selling, its not unreasonable to expect them to take a little responsibility.

There're a couple of things you've pointed out and I'm hoping to address them.
  1. Ms Marvel breakage. As I've explained, contact your seller, get a refund/return. He should have insured the shipping. You shouldn't have to pay for the repair - the seller should.
  2. Blackbolt. I've yet to hear any complaints about the base paint app. Again, if you felt it wasn't satisfactory, return it and ask for a refund/exchange. Remember, your seller can do the same to us if he purchased it directly from us, and we would offer a refund if he wasn't satisfied. So should he as your seller.
  3. Dr Strange's book being upside down. This is a first time I've heard of an upside down sticker. If true, I'll classify this as a manufacturing defect. So zones doesn't apply, send the book back to us and we'll replace it. We'd cover the shipping too.
  4. Medusa's hair is designed to have a hole to hold the sceptor. If you had followed our facebook and forum posts, you would know that we originally wanted the hair to hold a chalice but the designed wasn't approved. We almost scrapped having the hair hold anything but many collectors requested that the hair do something so we decided to let it hold a scepter, to symbolize the link between the Queen and the King. We are not trying to please everyone, just most. I'm sorry if the hole doesn't work for you and is distracting you from the other aspects of the statue but it is what it is.
  5. Your comment on XM is not competent enough to organize international shipping. It's really not that simple. There are contractual reasons why we can't - It's not that we don't want to but we can't.
  6. XM being a deceptive company because we don't update our website photos. XM has always pride ourselves for listening to collectors - this has often led us changing and improving our products even post PO. Take Phoenix for instance, we originally planned for the bird to be solid resin but a poll was conducted and majority voted for clear resin - this was done after PO so the website was showing the original prototype. This is why we have the disclaimer "Prototype shown and pending final approval, final product may differ" on all product pages (check it out right at the bottom foot note). But you know what? We didn't update the old prototype photos because we got caught up in all the new stuff we are doing - careless yes! Deceptive... is kinda harsh. You have however brought out a good point - we can't expect new collectors to know about the polls and ongoing changes so we have done some new photo shoots of our final production pieces and updated the website. Do check out the new photos... they are much more professional than the ones Ben and myself take in house.

Hulk - http://www.xm-studios.com/incredible-hulk.aspx
    Magneto - http://www.xm-studios.com/magneto.aspx
    Wolverine - http://www.xm-studios.com/wolverine.aspx
    Antman - http://www.xm-studios.com/ant-man.aspx
    Jean Grey - http://www.xm-studios.com/jean-grey-phoenix.aspx
    Thanos - http://www.xm-studios.com/thanos.aspx
    Ironman Mark 7 - http://www.xm-studios.com/iron-man-mk-vii.aspx
    Thor - http://www.xm-studios.com/thor.aspx
    She Hulk - http://www.xm-studios.com/she-hulk.aspx
    Daredevil - http://www.xm-studios.com/daredevil.aspx
    Medusa - http://www.xm-studios.com/medusa.aspx
    Kraven - http://www.xm-studios.com/kraven.aspx

Also, you will be happy to know that we've listened and changed with regards to changing our products too much post PO. You will find that the more recent PO products such as Ghost Rider and Kraven - what you see on our website is pretty much what you'd get.

Last but not least, we do care. Which explains why I'm up at 2 am my time writing this response to you, as well as arranged for products photos retaken and updated the website.

I do not believe you are a troll - you are an unhappy collector seeking a voice and that alone was enough reason for me to dig into my email archives all the way till last year December until I found you. I know the fact hasn't changed - there is still little support we can provide you due to you being out of our operating zones but I hope my response can at least provide you with more understanding on how and why we do things. I acknowledge we have shortcomings and your feedback has helped us improved (new product photos finally uploaded!) so a big thank you on behalf of my team. I hope XM can one day deal directly with you and get a chance to win you back as a XM customer - global distribution is a dream we are working towards still.

For now, please drop me an email and let's sort out your Dr Strange book defect asap. If you have other XM statue issues, we do provide repair services (chargeable) but I will waive it for you (you'd need to pay for shipping though).
Hi Shorudan,,, long time no hear. ...

Seriously though, you are not being entirely accurate or honest when it comes to our e-mail correspondence. You have stated " We exchanged a few emails and I explained to you that XM is unable to help you directly as you purchased the products off an non official distributor or what we term as private collector/seller".

I do not feel that it is the right thing to do to list a copy of the "private" e-mails / correspondence that the two of us have had on a public forum such as Statue Forum. However, I have to remind you that the final e-mail that I received from you ended with the following statement from you : -

"Let me discuss your current situation with my partners - I definitely don't want any customers, anywhere in the world to be receiving defects. Kindly give us till early next week to come back to you?In the meantime, let me reassure you I will be taking care of you - I just need to find the best way to go about it

Best Regards,
Bryan

(this was sent to me on 11-12-15 and was the last time that I ever heard from you Bryan).

Now, before I go any further, I would like to thank you for your reply, I have no hate towards you shorudan. This is business and I do not like the ways that your company conducts itself in regards to customer service and other aspects. I appreciate that you have taken the time to write your reply to me, I only wish that you had of shown the same amount of concern when we originally had our e-mail correspondence.

I believe that you know who the distributor is as you have explained that you contacted him. So I am a bit confused by your statement of: -

"If you recall, I offered you some suggestions such as seeking refund/returns from the seller citing unsatisfactory product. He in turn can take it up with who sold him the statue and work it up the chain eventually coming back to us -"

Again, you know who the distributor is shorudan, and you are aware that he lives in Singapore and purchases directly from xm studios. So, there is none of this "He in turn can take it up with who sold him the statue and work it up the chain eventually coming back to us". The chain goes like this, he purchased the product directly from you and sent the product to me. There are no other links in the chain, and I think that you would find every distributor in Singapore would be purchasing direct from xm studios, it would not make financial sense for them to be operating in any other fashion.

Moving forward, I have explained in an earlier post on this thread that - "My distributor then contacted me to give me the good news that Bryan had contacted him and had explained that they were not interested in helping me as I was an international customer and for the distributor to relay this information to me, as Bryan did not have the decency to tell me himself". - So I am a little confused by your statement below:

"You may not be aware, but I actually took it a step further and wrote to your seller then (please check with him if you don't believe me), requesting that he do the right thing and take care of his customer - you. My big mistake was assuming the seller did in fact took care of it for you. And as there were no further communications/queries from you since, I had assumed the case resolved.

You assumed incorrectly shorudan, as nothing was ever resolved and the whole thing has left a bitter taste in my mouth in regards to xm studios. This is why I no longer purchase from or support xm.

You say: - "Your comment on XM is not competent enough to organize international shipping. It's really not that simple. There are contractual reasons why we can't - It's not that we don't want to but we can't". (shorudan, if this is true, please explain why "Iron Studios", "Coolprops", "Prime 1", and a handful of other manufacturers have international shipping through ss and you guys do not ?).

It is great that you have finally updated the photos on your company website and I agree "the new photos... they are much more professional than the previous ones". It is just unfortunate that it took public humiliation on the Statue Forum to get you guys to do the right thing. This seems to be a common thing with xm only doing the right thing when they feel that they are forced to do so. (btw, I think that you maybe forgot Black Bolt, the photos on your company website do not show the visible metal foot peg). Please find my original quote below: "XM Studios Black Bolt is shown on the website not to have a visible foot peg, the production piece does have a visible metal foot peg. Please have a look at the photo on their website showing the statue side-on. They have not updated the photos to show the metal peg".

I will take this opportunity to ask - "will there be any changes to 1/4 scale "Mysterio" statue, or will people receive what has been shown on the website? If this thread is still open when I receive Mysterio, I will add him to this thread and will give a honest review of what I receive". (damage / problems or as was the case with Medusa, I will speak the truth and if it is a beautiful piece I will say so). Here is your statement -

"Also, you will be happy to know that we've listened and changed with regards to changing our products too much post PO. You will find that the more recent PO products such as Ghost Rider and Kraven - what you see on our website is pretty much what you'd get". - Not completely accurate shorudan as I have seen photos showing a number plate on the rear of the Ghost Rider - so I guess I am confused as many other collectors are.

Thank you for the offer shorudan - "For now, please drop me an email and let's sort out your Dr Strange book defect asap. If you have other XM statue issues, we do provide repair services (chargeable) but I will waive it for you (you'd need to pay for shipping though).[/QUOTE]

I will respectfully decline, I am not interested in doing business with xm studios and would prefer to work more over-time at work and just pay to fix these things myself without any other dealings with xm. Again, I only wish that you had of shown this same concern when we originally communicated with each other, perhaps things would be quite different if that had of been the case.

Again, thank you for your reply, no hate towards you, this is business and I have chosen not to deal with xm studios.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:29 PM   #89
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
I think the issue is you seem to think the original manufacturer always owes you service, no matter how you came to own their product. Pretty much nothing in the world works that way. It's not something to complain about.

If you wanted guarantees, you should have purchased all your statues off eBay. If there was anything wrong with them, you would have been covered. It sure sounds like all your "real" issues are with the people you bought them from, and not XM. It's those people you should be complaining about, and from whom, you should be looking for satisfaction.
Thanks for the reply lucifixion,
Brand new Ms. Marvel, factory sealed unopened box. I guess we disagree as I think in a case like this it is the manufacturers responsibility if the product arrives faulty or damaged.

Just to clarify for you, I am not "looking for satisfaction" or looking for help from xm studios. This has been done to warn any New collectors (no pun intended) or anyone who feels that purchasing from xm studios is not akin to playing Russian roulette.

No longer purchase from them, so after I receive Mysterio (already paid deposit) it will probably be all over between xm and myself.

Anyways, Happy collecting.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:45 PM   #90
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
new collector, what everyone is trying to tell you is that if some paint flecks on a shoe or a decision to change the paint colour on a part of a base are considered significant flaws in your eyes, do yourself a favour and consider another hobby.

they are the definition of nitpick.
Hi ambasah, thank you for your reply.

You seem to feel that it is quite normal for a 1/4 scale statue to have "random paint dots" on the statue.

Please provide me with any examples of 1/4 scale statues that you currently have in your collection that have "paint dots" in any areas that they should not have.

I have 1/4 scale statues from iron studios, ss, gg, and pcs, and not one statue has paint dots on any of their shoes, or anywhere on the statues.

"a decision to change the paint colour on a part of a base" - ummm, o.k then, I think I know what you are trying to say there, I will translate : I believe you meant to say that you don't feel that there is any problem with the shield being a noticeably lighter shade than the rest of the base. - I disagree, I find it to be a problem.

Thanks, No hate towards you, Happy Collecting and may the statue gods look after thee.