Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-07-2021, 06:07 PM   #81
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
The opinion on the face sculpt of the Bale sculpt is like a yo-yo, it goes from pretty good, okay, not bad to garbage......

It’s certainly not great, but IMO it’s better than Prime 1’s attempt. And I’m certain it’ll get improved on down the line, with whoever releases another version. Though JND’s is likely to be around double the price of Queens.
Average, not garbage. I retracted the use of that word. Bad on my part.
Have to disagree. The Prime 1 sculpt looks better. The Queen Studio's (production) portrait with mask on looks worse than without mask.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:20 PM   #82
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Have to disagree. The Prime 1 sculpt looks better. The Queen Studio's (production) portrait with mask on looks worse than without mask.
I agree with everything here. The Prime 1 Bale sculpt itself is actually quite good. The paint may or may not be as good as Queen's but it's hard to tell as many pics of the Queen make him look like he has make up on his cheeks. It's quite possible the paintjob is much better in person but I can't get an accurate read on it from the pics.
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #83
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Are you saying both Prime 1’s head sculpts are better or just the masked version? As I was only referring to the unmasked Bale head (as overall it seems the consensus is that Prime 1 is better). I personally didn’t particularly like the Prime 1 piece, as the unmasked version seemed to be aged up quite a bit.

And note I pretty much have the bulk of Prime 1’s DC movie pieces, except for a few, so getting Prime 1’s would’ve definitely scaled better with my collection.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:24 AM   #84
Exorcist
The X-Men

I am looking at the Prime1Studio and the Queens version side by side at this moment. I love the Prime1Studio very much, and it's presence is fantastic because if it's size.

But IMHO the Queen Studio's Version wins it in terms of paint applications, details and wins it with both headsculpts. The eyes are also very nicely (sharp as a razor) done with the Queen Studio's version. This is coming from a very big Prime1Studio fanboy BTW
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 12:39 PM   #85
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Are you saying both Prime 1’s head sculpts are better or just the masked version? As I was only referring to the unmasked Bale head (as overall it seems the consensus is that Prime 1 is better). I personally didn’t particularly like the Prime 1 piece, as the unmasked version seemed to be aged up quite a bit.

And note I pretty much have the bulk of Prime 1’s DC movie pieces, except for a few, so getting Prime 1’s would’ve definitely scaled better with my collection.
I am not all that impressed by the paint app on the Queen Studios production (Batman) portrait. With the mask on, it looks worse. I prefer the Prime 1 piece, when it comes to the portrait
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:58 PM   #86
Shoo
Hercules

Polystone confirmed.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:02 PM   #87
deadrodian
The Spirit

deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:05 PM   #88
Shoo
Hercules

Small screenshots taken from tonight's Batman Statue Collectors' Rogues Gallery Live.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:38 PM   #89
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Looks great. It is going to be big and pricey but I may have to look a this one closely.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:44 PM   #90
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Polystone confirmed.
I know he mentioned in the stream that it was polystone, but I’m wondering is it truly polystone or a resin mix? I’m just surprised no one asked for confirmation.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote