Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-12-2023, 11:40 AM   #81
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Well me and the wife are talking about it. Looks like I?ll be able to pay the shipping and last payment now and I should probably get it by end of June.

I don?t see any reason as to why they can?t have it to me by then. I don?t think there?s as much interest in this piece as say the Jungle Hunter. Only 400 made and it?s still available with no low quantity alert as of shipment.
Hey chavez553, when you have this in hand, be sure to post pics, and, if possible, an unboxing video on Youtube of my all time favorite movie Transformer!!!!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 02:13 PM   #82
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Will do man!

A video would be great!��
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 03:29 PM   #83
Rauko
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Can't wait to hear your take on it. Been monitoring this thread for a long time.
Rauko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 04:47 PM   #84
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Will do man!

A video would be great!��
Old 05-13-2023, 01:07 PM   #85
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hey chavez553, as you said Blackout would be your last P1 Transformer statue, which others do you have? [if you don't mind me asking]...
Old 05-20-2023, 12:54 PM   #86
chavez553

Well guys I?m considering canceling this piece and paying off my Jungle Hunter early as well as getting the closed mouth bust. I know it?s a complete turn around but the reason being is I don?t see a lot of interest in this piece and most of the Transformers pieces are just sitting on warehouse shelves. The JH statue is like the bees knees I?m hearing and I?d hate for something g to happen and I can?t make the payments on anymore and loose it. So I?d rather cancel Blackout now and possibly get it later or risking not getting it instead of the JH.

I?m a Transformers fan first and foremost but I also love the first Predator movie and would like that statue in its full glory in my collection. I could have gotten both statues of the JH wasn?t so damn expensive. $5k almost. That?s two transformers statues for gods sake. Lol.

I will try to acquire this piece later. Just need a break from payments for a year.
Old 05-20-2023, 03:40 PM   #87
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Well guys I?m considering canceling this piece and paying off my Jungle Hunter early as well as getting the closed mouth bust.
You do what you gotta do. Don't think you're in the minority here. I've cancelled over 10 statue preorders over last and this year. Some including P1 Doomslayer, a few P1 LOTR pieces and a bunch of random licensed anime statues (City Hunter) that went up well before Covid even started. With shipping and customs costs it's like buying a new statue for aftermarket prices.

Honestly, I'm pretty much done with Bayfomers myself. I will get Soundwave if they do him, but they take up way too much room, are a pain to box up and resell and the wow factor is fading. I'm barely intetested in the new Beast Wars movie because we're back to TF's with lips, seatbelt suspenders & glasses (Wheeljack) and the Decepticons looking like generic aliens again. Paramount and Hasbro learned nothing from Bumblebee I guess. If I'm going to break the bank on TF's I'll just stick with XM going forward.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 04:31 PM   #88
chavez553

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
You do what you gotta do. Don't think you're in the minority here. I've cancelled over 10 statue preorders over last and this year. Some including P1 Doomslayer, a few P1 LOTR pieces and a bunch of random licensed anime statues (City Hunter) that went up well before Covid even started. With shipping and customs costs it's like buying a new statue for aftermarket prices.

Honestly, I'm pretty much done with Bayfomers myself. I will get Soundwave if they do him, but they take up way too much room, are a pain to box up and resell and the wow factor is fading. I'm barely intetested in the new Beast Wars movie because we're back to TF's with lips, seatbelt suspenders & glasses (Wheeljack) and the Decepticons looking like generic aliens again. Paramount and Hasbro learned nothing from Bumblebee I guess. If I'm going to break the bank on TF's I'll just stick with XM going forward.

Yeah that?s just how I feel. I have 2 Bayformers, 2 of the Beastwars pieces and 2 Macross. So there?s no room anymore for big pieces. I?ll eventually get Blackout and then it?s over for statues period. I?ll just be collecting my little TF robot replica toys from Fantoys and that it from now on.

These prices are absurd. I have two of beat wars statues and they were about a grand a piece and then they announce Dragon TM Megatron 2 years later and charge twice as much for him. I was gonna get it but that price gouge is punch in the face to collectors.
Old 05-20-2023, 05:19 PM   #89
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hey chavez553, sucks to hear you won't be getting Blackout until much later [as i was looking forward to seeing an unboxing video! ] But fingers crossed he doesn't sell out by the time you get around to getting him!
Old 05-21-2023, 11:27 AM   #90
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Hope someone else here posts pictures because by the time I get mine from SF the next live action TF movie will be out lol. I still haven’t received DOTM Megatron from SF either and he’s been in the wild since fall. I’m about to grab him off Sideshow like I had to do with Leon and BBTS. The delays at this point are ridiculous and I’m a patient person. My concern is, (use Leon as an example) he’s now sold out everywhere l have no clue when I would receive him. Who’s to say in a year I’d be able to get replacement parts from P1? TF’s have a ton of parts to assemble and more chances for damage to happen.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote