Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-20-2023, 12:54 PM   #81
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

That crow figure looks dirty and sun bleached.

I havent had any issues with the material on statues I bought direct from SS, but I know it can happen. I have the old Hugh Jackman Van Helsing PF I bought cheap on ebay years ago, and when I got it, it had never been opened. Well, SS back then put some plastic paper over the jacket and upon removal, that thing flaked all over the place. I think it would have been better left unwrapped. The DCD Batman 1/4's were notorious for having the capes disintegrate. But its a lot more rare for that to happen with SS stuff. I frankly wouldnt be too worried about that unless I lived in a really hot environment or had it in direct sunlight.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 07:55 AM   #82
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yup. Called it earlier this morning. Another Batman.

Jesus Christ, what's going on around here?! I just caught the vid on this magnificent Bats, & actually had to go back two thread pages to see this thing already slipping through the cracks?

Once again, I'm not familiar with the story/timeline, but who gives a sh!t(?), look at this thing, I'm in!

All elements look more than sound here, and good to hear that fabs have lasted the test of time down under. I'm not usually a fabric guy, but I do dig the gothic/victorian collar & the flow of the cape. And as compared to the Penguin overcoat, the cut and sew on this Bats is seamingly a cut above.

Not the Bats I was waiting for, (neither was DKR which I bought), but simply too good a sculpt to pass up, and that extended cowl "beak" adds that extra vibe of freak! Great stuff.

P.S. I really dig and prefer a darker take with these characters, and if I had to add/make a change to this sculpt to make it darker still? Wish they would have put some tension on that rope, leading our eye to a hooked-in, dastardly victorian rogue,.....................................................being pulled through one of the broken windows.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 08:26 AM   #83
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

He is a great statue, will be interesting to see what the ES is as I don't think it'll be very large
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 11:31 AM   #84
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
That crow figure looks dirty and sun bleached.

I havent had any issues with the material on statues I bought direct from SS, but I know it can happen. I have the old Hugh Jackman Van Helsing PF I bought cheap on ebay years ago, and when I got it, it had never been opened. Well, SS back then put some plastic paper over the jacket and upon removal, that thing flaked all over the place. I think it would have been better left unwrapped. The DCD Batman 1/4's were notorious for having the capes disintegrate. But its a lot more rare for that to happen with SS stuff. I frankly wouldnt be too worried about that unless I lived in a really hot environment or had it in direct sunlight.
I used to think it was also just in areas where people live, or maybe their environment and that I'm lucky.

But mine has always been in a well shaded room and always room temperature, I have quite a few pleather that eventually disintegrated.

The crow, Wolverine's belt, jackets, etc.
Fact of the matter is, its just how long it'll take for individual's figure, but it'll eventually disintegrate.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 12:26 PM   #85
Mister H
Ultimates

Does Sideshow ever get tired of the crouching Batman pose?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 01:13 PM   #86
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
I used to think it was also just in areas where people live, or maybe their environment and that I'm lucky.

But mine has always been in a well shaded room and always room temperature, I have quite a few pleather that eventually disintegrated.

Fact of the matter is, its just how long it'll take for individual's figure, but it'll eventually disintegrate.
You said the Crow, are all those Hot Toys? They have had their own issues. I always think of the rubber on that robocop robot that was made to disintegrate.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 02:02 AM   #87
DevGuy
The Spirit

tldr; Used to hate fabric capes, but have come to appreciate the space saving and poseability.

I initially disliked fabric capes but my Batman Hush, whose cape is rather magnificent polystone, is such a PITA as it's so damn deep not to mention heavy. I really like my WW (artgerm) fabric cape, I can bend and shape it to match the space. Superman Hush's polystone cape is also a thing of beauty but it's far less flexible (har) when it comes to display options.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 09:07 AM   #88
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post

Yup I doubt anyone will be exempt. It's all a matter of time unfortunately.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 09:48 AM   #89
Destroyous
Justice League

Oh hmm. Yeah I guess they’re all different. I live around Palm Springs in Southern California and I still haven’t had any problems with the faux leather on pieces. I have the original Cyclops, Rogue and Batman PFs since they were first released and no problems. Cyclops and Rogue with the jackets and Batman with the trunks and all is good.
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 11:19 AM   #90
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyous View Post
Oh hmm. Yeah I guess they?re all different. I live around Palm Springs in Southern California and I still haven?t had any problems with the faux leather on pieces. I have the original Cyclops, Rogue and Batman PFs since they were first released and no problems. Cyclops and Rogue with the jackets and Batman with the trunks and all is good.
Yeah, I never buy the adage that mixed media is going to somehow fail in the next 10 years or so. I have the OG Dr. Doom on throne and that piece is almost 20 years old. The mixed media is still going strong with no end or deterioration in sight.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote