Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-07-2016, 12:57 AM   #901
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwN View Post
He was being sarcastic though. But yeah anyone who goes on the WL now will be fine.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, after all this is not your average joe Batman statue. This is Frank Miller and Dark Knight Returns in 1:3 scale. Not to mention, it looks absolutely brilliant and the edition size is only 800. This is "the" Batman statue to own for many fans of Batman, myself included, which is why I got my order in right away and didn't even consider waiting. You might see a few convert, but I am betting overall you see a LOT less waitlist conversions on this piece than you normally see with Prime 1 statues or will see with all of the other Batman versions Prime 1 is bringing to market..
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:13 AM   #902
gearhead
The Herculoids

Yep. What he said. In the not too distant future someone is going to be looking back and saying, "Man, I wish I would've bought that one for $1700 when I had the chance."
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:20 AM   #903
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
There's already an EX on eBay for $1700.00
Didn't I call it that a few pages back LMAO!!

All joking aside, I think when these are truly all gone, the EX will easily got >$1500 on the bay... Until the blue variant comes out LOL!!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:23 AM   #904
Bad Horse
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I generally agree, but all of that won't apply if Prime 1 floods the market by releasing a blue variant. I really hope that they don't go that route and hose those of us who jumped on this piece right away.
Bad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:28 AM   #905
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Once the repaints start to show up this will be staying at retail or less. Mark my words. But the statue is amazing no question! I may get it after I see which version I like better and how many variants will be made. If I thought price would go up I would po already. Honestly I don't see any of these prime 1 going pass retail in the future except less. Well maybe deathstroke will be the one to hold his retail value because he's the good ex with no variants possibly. Heck all these pieces are amazing! I surely will buy a few later on after I give it time to see what's coming and what choices we have to choose.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:38 AM   #906
Bad Horse
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Agreed, but I still think there is a chance that they may not release a blue variant because I believe the Jim Lee version will be blue/grey. At some point Prime 1 is going to have difficulty selling these if they continue to release so many similar pieces.
Bad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:18 AM   #907
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that, after all this is not your average joe Batman statue. This is Frank Miller and Dark Knight Returns in 1:3 scale. Not to mention, it looks absolutely brilliant and the edition size is only 800. This is "the" Batman statue to own for many fans of Batman, myself included, which is why I got my order in right away and didn't even consider waiting. You might see a few convert, but I am betting overall you see a LOT less waitlist conversions on this piece than you normally see with Prime 1 statues or will see with all of the other Batman versions Prime 1 is bringing to market..
You are missing the 1500 regulars that many will be happy with/settle for. That is 2300 ES of a large and expensive piece that is not universally appealing. Yes, it is one of the most iconic versions of Batman and yes the EX is great but I don't think that the market for it is as greatly inflated as is being made out here.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #908
gearhead
The Herculoids

Even an ES of 2300 is not a lot these days. Look at the Spider-man PF. 8750 of them including the variant and it's already sold out and going for above retail. If there's that many people willing to pay $500+ for Spider-man, you can rest assured there's a least 2300 people willing to pay $1000+ for this. To many, even casual comic book fans, TDKR is the end all, be all of comics. I appreciate TDKR for the story and it's place in comic book history but I've never been a particular fan of the art style in it. But this statue is truly something special, so I'm not missing out. This is never going for under retail.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:02 AM   #909
klwN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Not just a few, Sideshow most like only had a couple hundred for the initial pre-orders. Prime 1 is going to allocate more because they will never sell that much through their website and retailers, then a lot are going to convert.

I got my pre-order in as well, I know this will be sought after, but people who got on the WL right away or are getting on it now shouldn't be worried at all. On top of the new allotment, there is lots of cancellations for EVERY statue, especially in that price range.
klwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #910
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
You are missing the 1500 regulars that many will be happy with/settle for. That is 2300 ES of a large and expensive piece that is not universally appealing. Yes, it is one of the most iconic versions of Batman and yes the EX is great but I don't think that the market for it is as greatly inflated as is being made out here.
No, I am not missing the 1500 regulars as I was specifically talking about the EX and waitlist conversions for the EX. IMO, the EX is a must have on this piece and it will be at a whole different level of value and demand than the regular version. I don't think too many of the people that have the EX on order are suddenly going to cancel and settle for the regular version. The only way I see a lot of wait list conversions is if Prime 1 allocates more statues to Sideshow, which is completely up in the air as nobody knows what allocations were even set. I know I would never even consider getting the regular version with this statue. At least for me, this is about as must have as EX's can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwN View Post
Not just a few, Sideshow most like only had a couple hundred for the initial pre-orders. Prime 1 is going to allocate more because they will never sell that much through their website and retailers, then a lot are going to convert.

I got my pre-order in as well, I know this will be sought after, but people who got on the WL right away or are getting on it now shouldn't be worried at all. On top of the new allotment, there is lots of cancellations for EVERY statue, especially in that price range.
Well see. I disagree in regards to the initial allocations. Since Sideshow is now Prime 1's major distributor for all things Prime 1 DC, it would make no sense to give Sideshow small allocations initially only to add to them later on. They might have done that with the first few DC pieces, but at this point they would have a much better idea of the total allocations they were planning on giving to Sideshow for pieces like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Once the repaints start to show up this will be staying at retail or less. Mark my words. But the statue is amazing no question! I may get it after I see which version I like better and how many variants will be made. If I thought price would go up I would po already. Honestly I don't see any of these prime 1 going pass retail in the future except less. Well maybe deathstroke will be the one to hold his retail value because he's the good ex with no variants possibly. Heck all these pieces are amazing! I surely will buy a few later on after I give it time to see what's coming and what choices we have to choose.
With the 1500 regulars, its always possible, especially given how many different Batman's Prime 1 is currently bringing to market. With the 800 EX's? Not a chance. You are honestly living in la la land if you think your going to score one of the EX's for this statue at or below retail later down the road, regardless of the variants that come out at a later date.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote