Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #911
electroshock
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

The answer about this particular item can be found in my handy FAQ at the beginning of this thread. :-)

Info and FAQ
Thanks for the info !

I'm really impressed about LSF line,can't buy all but I think it's the best line from SS ,that's why I understand any delay .
electroshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:48 AM   #912
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hey SSAlex,
I was just wondering about production...
What generally causes delays in the production of a piece?
We can use Batman for an example if you wanted as he was met with 3 separate delays prior to shipping.
Is it the ES? Problems with assembly? Problems at the factories? Revisions to the pieces?
It seems that lately, this 9 month time frame from pre-order to shipment is very rarely (if ever) met on a SS produced piece, so I was wondering why SS doesn't set more realistic shipping expectations from the start (1 year)?
Also, is there any hope that in the future SS will start being more open with its fans in terms of the causes for delays on any given piece? I'd love to see the product page for a piece updates with the reason why delays are needed instead of always being left in the dark.

Thanks for your time
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:30 AM   #913
uvajosh69
U talkin' to me?

Hi Alex,

I have scrolled through all 92 pages, and I didn't see these questions asked so here it goes:

1) At SDCC 2013 I was chatting with the SS creative director for Marvel (forgot his name, mustache, short), and he said that a Magneto PF was definitely "on his radar." Any news re: this?

2) Also, regarding the Wonder Woman Premium Format, will her head be attached by magnet, or will it come attached a la Poison Ivy?
uvajosh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #914
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvajosh69 View Post
Hi Alex,

I have scrolled through all 92 pages, and I didn't see these questions asked so here it goes:

1) At SDCC 2013 I was chatting with the SS creative director for Marvel (forgot his name, mustache, short), and he said that a Magneto PF was definitely "on his radar." Any news re: this?
Not sure how you missed it with the big Magneto pic and all but this question was answered 5 posts before your's.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #915
GM4Life
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Any thoughts from SS on the new Robocop film?
GM4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #916
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Hey Alex,
This may have been asked before, but I'm just wondering if you could give us some insight as to how you guys set your edition sizes since they are no longer set before a statue goes up for pre-order? Like most people I assume it's based on the amount of pre-orders you get over a certain time frame, but is there anything else factored into the decision? Also do you guys set a max edition size that if reached you stop taking orders?
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:00 AM   #917
shin3000
Shadowhawk

Will sideshow consider putting the star on the back of allied on hyra captain america PF?
shin3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:56 AM   #918
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Any plans for a Dr Fate PF, Alex? He will make a great JLA member

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #919
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Hi All!

I've noticed quite a few of the same questions popping up often and I wanted to come up with a way to easily get those same questions answered in one spot for folks to reference. Obviously this thread has grown by many pages, so sorting through them all to find the answer to a question already asked can seem daunting (and I don't blame ya!). I also don't want this to become an overly repetitive thread either with me answering the same questions multiple times, so I'm going to start compiling a list of the most asked questions and answers and placing them in my very first post in this thread (on page one: Info and FAQ and when I see an already asked question (that's been asked at least 3 or more times already) I will simply reference people back to the link I posted above.

Thanks!

Keep those questions coming! :-)
Great idea, Alex.

So, when you see the same questions popping up over and over, do you ever pop over to the design guys and say, "Hey, dudes, the people have spoken and they want a Flash and Aquaman PF...like NOW! Get on it!"
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #920
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Hi SSAlex any chance for a g1 transformers line? Or at least prime and megaton from generation 1 maquettes. They would sell very well since the older fans love them and the movies hype them up. Any chance in the future or plans on them?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote