Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-28-2017, 03:54 PM   #911
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Yeah feel bad for all you paid in full guys. Hopefully it's not long now until he ships.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:52 PM   #912
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Yeah feel bad for all you paid in full guys. Hopefully it's not long now until he ships.
I actually don't mind the wait if what I receive is this below... What are a few more weeks/months....

I'm gonna lose my $hit if it arrives all watered down with changes. Especially the legs and base all one color and his gums grey/blackish...

Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:33 PM   #913
Chargersfan57

I just don't understand why there has to be any changes at all. What are some companies doing that the factories can't follow?

And to be working on something for so long it should be 95% of the proto or better!
Old 09-28-2017, 05:56 PM   #914
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I just don't understand why there has to be any changes at all. What are some companies doing that the factories can't follow?

And to be working on something for so long it should be 95% of the proto or better!
Budget, time, talent enter the equation.
Once the factory process begins, a statue amounts to the sum of its parts - cast, assembled, rubbed down, painted, inspected, fixed if necessary, packaged, shipped.

I agree, it makes no sense for an in house artists to spend hours painting a prototype to achieve sales, when the same result isn't possible once you apply a lower level of budget, time, talent. Some statues work out better than others.

Compared to some companies, i have noticed PCS tend to make statues that are more straight forward to paint. One color hair, one color skin, Chun-Li 1/3 has 100% white boots to give one example. Lord of Darkness (LEGEND) does appear to require more paint work on the trousers. Maybe once he ships, the extra work would have been applied.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:11 PM   #915
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Budget, time, talent enter the equation.
Once the factory process begins, a statue amounts to the sum of its parts - cast, assembled, rubbed down, painted, inspected, fixed if necessary, packaged, shipped.

I agree, it makes no sense for an in house artists to spend hours painting a prototype to achieve sales, when the same result isn't possible once you apply a lower level of budget, time, talent. Some statues work out better than others.

Compared to some companies, i have noticed PCS tend to make statues that are more straight forward to paint. One color hair, one color skin, Chun-Li 1/3 has 100% white boots to give one example. Lord of Darkness (LEGEND) does appear to require more paint work on the trousers. Maybe once he ships, the extra work would have been applied.
I hear what you're saying but unless I'm completely wrong I'm not seeing anything on this darkness piece that can't be replicated by the factory. He's all red for crying out loud. And his costume should be 200% doable.

Without getting into a company vs company debate I've seen pieces by other companies with much more complicated paint jobs being handled exceptionally well from the factory.

And I totally agree artists need to paint what the factory can produce and not bait and switch us, which again, I've seen factory pieces with stellar complicated paint jobs so I know it can be done.

3 years coming up for this piece and I'm just surprised looking at it why it's taken so so long. I get that pcs is a small company and I get they don't have the money for fast turn around times and such,... but after awhile things start to get old.

I company has some responsibility to it's customers like taking care of refunds in a timely manner and shipping products that have been ordered.

If it's going to take this long for a product why not just charge us a bit more to help speed things along?

Small companies should have no problem giving stellar customer service regardless of anything else.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:03 PM   #916
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Well i'm still excited for him lol.

I think it's gonna be a centerpiece.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:09 PM   #917
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Well i'm still excited for him lol.

I think it's gonna be a centerpiece.
I hope so bud, I hope so.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:59 PM   #918
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I actually don't mind the wait if what I receive is this below... What are a few more weeks/months....

I'm gonna lose my $hit if it arrives all watered down with changes. Especially the legs and base all one color and his gums grey/blackish...

This is pretty much me. It has to look like what I saw at SDCC....It will be the centerpiece around this....
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:06 PM   #919
Chargersfan57

That'll be a great display for sure!
Old 09-29-2017, 07:02 AM   #920
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I hear what you're saying but unless I'm completely wrong I'm not seeing anything on this darkness piece that can't be replicated by the factory. He's all red for crying out loud. And his costume should be 200% doable.

Without getting into a company vs company debate I've seen pieces by other companies with much more complicated paint jobs being handled exceptionally well from the factory.

And I totally agree artists need to paint what the factory can produce and not bait and switch us, which again, I've seen factory pieces with stellar complicated paint jobs so I know it can be done.

3 years coming up for this piece and I'm just surprised looking at it why it's taken so so long. I get that pcs is a small company and I get they don't have the money for fast turn around times and such,... but after awhile things start to get old.

I company has some responsibility to it's customers like taking care of refunds in a timely manner and shipping products that have been ordered.

If it's going to take this long for a product why not just charge us a bit more to help speed things along?

Small companies should have no problem giving stellar customer service regardless of anything else.
I doubt what you receive when you receive it has had 3 years lavished on it.
In a perfect world, you'd have thought, once a statue goes up for pre_order and sells out fast, production would commence instantly, and the item shipped no later than one year after the original sale.

I'm not sure how PCS is run, but they have wages to pay, bills to cover, refunds to sort out, not to mention having to deal with overseas companies (i'm assuming they use more than one) to get the product made. It shouldn't take 3 years to make a statue
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote