Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #921
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
No disrespect taken. I get it... believe me. You have EVERY RIGHT to be pissed. But stuff happens. You aren't getting the statue you ordered. If there is no making you happy without providing that statue then you need your money back. And you need an apology because ARH held onto your money for a period of time.

And I get you are not in the business of talking to company owners, but after all this, you still deserve a call from him. Despite what you say, if he called you or sent out a personal email and explained what happened, apologized for dissapointing you and gave you your money back, what more could you want at this point.

Maybe you just want to tell him how pissed you are... that's cool too. Let's face it, you can't make everyone happy all the time. The goal here is trying to make as many people happy as you can so the word on the street is "yeah, I didn't get my statue but ARH made it up to me" and not "ARH doesn't care about thier customers and can't deliver on their promises".

That's my 2 cents.
While it is true that you can't please everyone all the time but I think for that statement to be relevant you first have to start with the assumption that you are getting what was ordered. Its one thing to complain about skin tone, hair color, or even lack of detail once you get the statue. It's another thing to not even get what was promised right off the bat.

I am not a die hard ARH collector. Started with Medusa V. and then Sha-Ryn. I was going to pick up the 1/4 vampire chick but as of right now that is definitely on hold. I'm sure if I never buy a statue from ARH again they won't miss me, I get that.

There are some things we deal with when it comes to statue collecting such as wait times. We as collectors can be very forgiving but there is always the basic assumption that what is ordered is what we will get. If we start off with the idea that you can please everyone then we are in trouble because that gives ARH or any other company the ok to just do what they want with your money.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:22 PM   #922
Spencer T.
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Spencer... some questions:

1. Any new news on the Sha-Ryn situation?
2. Has this delayed the shipping of Tarzan and if so, to when?
3. What's the status on the other in house projects? Valkyrie, Succubus and Eve?
4. With so much going on with the Valkyrie glue mess and now the Sha-Ryn situation, are we going to see a new release anytime soon or has that been pushed back a bit? If so till when?
Okay, so here is what I know so far about the Sha-Ryn situation.

Arahom and I are basically at our wit's end regarding a way to effectively remove the top without destroying anything. Arahom is going to come out with an official announcement in a little while.

Th situation with the Sha-Ryn will not delay the Tarzan shipping. What will happen instead is that until we decide on a course of action for the Sha-Ryn we will be shipping out the Tarzan Primal Rage instead of the Sha-Ryn.

We starting to get the new molds for the Valkyrie and I will begin resume casting on both these and the Succubus statues. Once the Valkyrie molds are finished, we will begin working on the Eve molds and castings.

We are still producing new pieces. With the very real possibility of having the Medusa completely shipped out by next Wednesday Arahom can turn his attention back to sculpting and we can get started on our next piece.
Spencer T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:46 PM   #923
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer T. View Post

Arahom and I are basically at our wit's end regarding a way to effectively remove the top without destroying anything. Arahom is going to come out with an official announcement in a little while.

Th situation with the Sha-Ryn will not delay the Tarzan shipping. What will happen instead is that until we decide on a course of action for the Sha-Ryn we will be shipping out the Tarzan Primal Rage instead of the Sha-Ryn.

We starting to get the new molds for the Valkyrie and I will begin resume casting on both these and the Succubus statues. Once the Valkyrie molds are finished, we will begin working on the Eve molds and castings.

We are still producing new pieces. With the very real possibility of having the Medusa completely shipped out by next Wednesday Arahom can turn his attention back to sculpting and we can get started on our next piece.
Thanks for the info. Wouldn't it just be easier to do a run of Sha-Ryn without the top as an in house production? Like you did with the old Valkyrie statue. You have all the files on computer... I'm sure with all the mold making, casting and painting that's a big job but it might be the best solution...
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:44 PM   #924
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Wouldn't it just be easier to do a run of Sha-Ryn without the top as an in house production? Like you did with the old Valkyrie statue. You have all the files on computer... I'm sure with all the mold making, casting and painting that's a big job but it might be the best solution...
The best solution that won't happen. This is why communication and caring about your customers is so important. So you don't get to this situation. But ARH seems to enjoy getting into problems. They decided to change the statue and get rid of the removable top. They could have easily sent emails to their customers and retailers before going ahead with production. But they didn't. Customer Service 101 failure.

Now, do you really think they will give those customers a second fully painted and shipped statue for free? Even though that is what would be needed since people paid full price for a statue with a removable top and they aren't getting it. I don't think they would even do a $50 to $100 credit for the change. I wonder how much they saved by not having the removable top? Whatever they saved should be returned to customers.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:33 PM   #925
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
The best solution that won't happen. This is why communication and caring about your customers is so important. So you don't get to this situation. But ARH seems to enjoy getting into problems. They decided to change the statue and get rid of the removable top. They could have easily sent emails to their customers and retailers before going ahead with production. But they didn't. Customer Service 101 failure.

Now, do you really think they will give those customers a second fully painted and shipped statue for free? Even though that is what would be needed since people paid full price for a statue with a removable top and they aren't getting it. I don't think they would even do a $50 to $100 credit for the change. I wonder how much they saved by not having the removable top? Whatever they saved should be returned to customers.
Lol...$50? Not even sideshow offers thats kind of credit. $50 for ARH with their ES size would really cut into their profits dont you think?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:59 AM   #926
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Lol...$50? Not even sideshow offers thats kind of credit. $50 for ARH with their ES size would really cut into their profits dont you think?
Why is it funny? I could care less about their profits. Nor should customers. What customers should care about is the fact that they paid full price upfront for something and now they are getting less and not what they agreed on.

ARH most likely made more money from removing the removable top. There is no way they made less unless they are really bad at deals. We'll see soon what they offer people.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:49 AM   #927
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer T. View Post

Offer everyone affected a topless sha-ryn poster.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:06 AM   #928
dao2
Cyclops

haha... that is a good idea but i dont think too many will go for it ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:30 AM   #929
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Offer everyone affected a topless sha-ryn poster.
i don't think they even have any of those posters actually in stock even if they have been advertised as "instock" for some years now.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:35 AM   #930
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post

I wasn't clear... I think they should make the second statue for people and people who want her topless should get that statue instead of the one with a top... not both. I don't think many people would both!

And I could see them offering a $50 discount to people. I wouldn't want that though because without a topless display this statue has zero value to me.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote