Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 06-25-2015, 05:55 PM   #921
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Wait! $500 in customs fees? That's insane Chris. Either Shane didn't declare the lower value or the shipper in the Netherlands screwed up the paperwork. Either way it's a messed up situation.
Ya that's exactly what happened. The distributor in the Netherlands declared the full value of the bust on the shipping label. Plus UPS has their brokerage fees on top of that. So not only did I overpay for shipping, now I'm getting stuck paying the customs fees to.

This bust is gonna cost me about 4k landed now.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #922
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Ya that's exactly what happened. The distributor in the Netherlands declared the full value of the bust on the shipping label. Plus UPS has their brokerage fees on top of that. So not only did I overpay for shipping, now I'm getting stuck paying the customs fees to.

This bust is gonna cost me about 4k landed now.

Chris
4K! That's crazy! After reading your previous post, it tells me Shane's true character that he won't go to bat for you on the customs fees considering how long you have been a customer of his and the money you spent over the years with him. At the very least, he should offer to split the customs fees with you.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #923
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I can sympathize with customs charges on this bust,but I paid 3.5 CAD direct from CM all in,and that was about a month ago,what a turn of events from Shane.The only CM/ECC distributor in the Neatherlands I know of is Twilight Zone,if they can save you on import fees for any future preorders,you might want to try them directly,and cut Shane the middle man right out
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #924
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
4K! That's crazy! After reading your previous post, it tells me Shane's true character that he won't go to bat for you on the customs fees considering how long you have been a customer of his and the money you spent over the years with him. At the very least, he should offer to split the customs fees with you.
Ya that's what really ticks me off, we wasn't exactly offering to do anything about it. Just that it was my problem and to deal with it. So after I got off the phone with him I called up UPS to see what could be done. Then called Shane back and told him what he needs to do. He said ok and he'll try contacting the distributor to see if they'll send it. So it's a 50/50 chance right now it can be resolved. What really ticks me off about this now is that I can't get my money back from Shane and order direct with CM because I wouldn't be saving anything at the new $2600 price. What a screw job, dam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I can sympathize with customs charges on this bust,but I paid 3.5 CAD direct from CM all in,and that was about a month ago,what a turn of events from Shane.The only CM/ECC distributor in the Neatherlands I know of is Twilight Zone,if they can save you on import fees for any future preorders,you might want to try them directly,and cut Shane the middle man right out
Ya I was expecting to pay at least 3k landed from the get go. But now we're talking almost 1k extra, most of it wasted on simple paper work. I'm gonna try contacting twilight zone and see if it was them that shipped me the bust. I have a feeling Shane is just gonna drag his feet on this.

Chris
Old 06-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #925
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

One of the reasons I mostly buy local here (to avoid all the drama).

I 've purchased items from all over the world and I don't know any retailers that will mark down the value of items for customs purposes. It can get everyone into hot water and if it's lost or damaged then what do you do.

On a brighter note I am happy to report four of the most wonderful words in the English language:

"On board for delivery"
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:52 PM   #926
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
One of the reasons I mostly buy local here (to avoid all the drama).

I 've purchased items from all over the world and I don't know any retailers that will mark down the value of items for customs purposes. It can get everyone into hot water and if it's lost or damaged then what do you do.

On a brighter note I am happy to report four of the most wonderful words in the English language:

"On board for delivery"
Most of these companies let you know the risks. If you're ok with shipping it declared at a lower value then they will. From what I've seen though all ECC/CM stuff come packed to survive a war. So I'm not to worried.

Looking forward to your pics when you get him.

Chris
Old 06-25-2015, 10:40 PM   #927
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

The box has just arrived

I have to say, the outer carton looks like it's copped a beating. No holes but it certainly looks like it's been through hell and back

Here's hoping the internal packaging has done it's job. And man, is this thing heavy. At 33 kilos I almost blew a poofle valve getting it inside.

More pics to follow later.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:09 AM   #928
Atheris
The Maxx

Sweet, hope nothing was damaged inside. Post pics of the unboxing.

Chris
Old 06-26-2015, 12:17 AM   #929
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Will do if I have time. It's been one of 'those' days today
Old 06-26-2015, 01:05 AM   #930
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Congrats Nidgit! The shipping box on mine was pretty beat up too when I got mine and there was no damage on my bust. There are corner styrofoam inserts and then a white inner box and then a very stiff art box. The bust and base are packed in layered styrofoam inside the art box. The piece is packed like a tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Ya that's what really ticks me off, we wasn't exactly offering to do anything about it. Just that it was my problem and to deal with it. So after I got off the phone with him I called up UPS to see what could be done. Then called Shane back and told him what he needs to do. He said ok and he'll try contacting the distributor to see if they'll send it. So it's a 50/50 chance right now it can be resolved. What really ticks me off about this now is that I can't get my money back from Shane and order direct with CM because I wouldn't be saving anything at the new $2600 price. What a screw job, dam.

Chris
Hopefully it all works out in your favor Chris. You have definitely had more then your share of drama associated with this purchase. Keep us posted.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote