Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #921
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Not missing that point at all. I know they are referring to BW. The actor was also talking with a female interviewer. Again the use of political correctness of over sensitive attitudes is a cop out and attempts to disguise how many in society actually think and feel. Not saying the actor holds those beliefs but where was his professionalism and manners in talking like that to a female interviewer.

When has a man ever been called a -----? They are almost always referred to as studs if they have had many conquests.
Thank you, there's really no other way to say it.

It's an age old argument that never seems to get anywhere.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:42 PM   #922
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Good, bad or indifferent it was unprofessional in the very least. IMHO they are making insane money as Avengers, promoting the Avengers and speaking about an Avengers actress. IMO they should conduct themselves with a high level of decorum when representing the film and Disney. Snowpiercer 2 or Hansel and Gretel sequel? Act a mess if you so choose when promoting it. With the Marvel properties I think you owe a debt of conduct to the company and parents lining your jeans.

Entertainment Tonight typically comes on after the evening news as I am doing the dishes. My kids would have undoubtedly run to the TV knowing that the Avengers were on and I would have been pissed if they were exposed to them speaking about the only female on the team as such. ( I appreciate that this didn't occur on ET but it illustrates my point)
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:46 PM   #923
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I think that blowing their load on the Infinity Gauntlet at this stage of the game was a mistake. Introducing Thanos got them a bit ahead of themselves. Would a teaser or Ultron or even the Mandarin not have stoked equal excitement?

The IG should have been the stuff for a phase 4 or 5 IMHO, that was lead by their cosmic films and drags the Avengers in as opposed to, (what appears to be), the opposite scenario.
D'OH!!!!!!!! When you said the IG, I initially thought you meant the Imperial Guard for a minute and I about had a stroke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I realized you meant the Infinity Gauntlet. Now I'm sad as I realize once again that the Imperial Guard won't be in any Marvel movies because of their tie to the X-Men and hence FOX. It makes me so mad. I wish there was something that could be done...but I know it's pretty much hopeless.

Looking forward to the Avengers 2 though.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:38 AM   #924
Spideristic
Kingpin

In midst of all the conflict and chaos Avengers: Age of Ultron still manages to have good fun & humor even when the stakes are high.

Thanks to Joss Whedon and team for another entertaining chapter in the Marvel saga. Will be seeing it again in few days.

And that slow motion surround shot of the group in action was freaking epic.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #925
Python
Omega Red

Mini review from Last Exit to Nowhere who are generally on the ball.

"Regular readers will know that I try to not give too much away during my reviews, I tend to keep them as spoiler free as possible, I think that goes double for Avengers: Age of Ultron, not because of the world shattering, game changing events of the movie but because precious little of it was very surprising.
So, lets get this straight off the bat, is it a bad film? Nope, not at all, it's great in actual fact but you can't help but feel you've seen a lot of it already. And that's in a literal sense because of the countless trailers, sneak peaks and exclusive scenes that we've been hit with and also because the film doesn't really give us anything new.
What it does, it does well. It's funny, fun and action packed but I couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing. Ultimately it felt predictable, even the mid-credits sting had me just thinking, 'Well, of course' this time around.
Was Whedon phoning it in? I couldn't say he was exactly but there's an unshakeable, slightly lacklustre feeling to affairs.
I'm not going to say more, I think it's better you see this film for yourself and enjoy it on your own merits but I'd be intrigued to hear what you all think, so please chime in below and also, please don't post spoilers for folk yet to see it.
Age of Ultron is a solid three out of five for me. I have a feeling that Ant-Man is going to be my preferred Marvel movie this year..."
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:19 AM   #926
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Good, bad or indifferent it was unprofessional in the very least. IMHO they are making insane money as Avengers, promoting the Avengers and speaking about an Avengers actress. IMO they should conduct themselves with a high level of decorum when representing the film and Disney. Snowpiercer 2 or Hansel and Gretel sequel? Act a mess if you so choose when promoting it. With the Marvel properties I think you owe a debt of conduct to the company and parents lining your jeans.
So....it's more appropriate to make asinine comments when Disney and/or Marvel are not involved? I don't see at all how that should make a difference. Off colour quips are either offensive or not. The studio attached to the film in question is irrelevant. Disney and Marvel are owed no more respect than an independent film maker should receive. The comments in question were sexist and out of line. Period. Joking or not, Evans and Renner stepped over a line that, in the 21st century, should no longer exist. Yes, they were joking. Those kind of jokes just aren't funny anymore.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:25 AM   #927
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
So....it's more appropriate to make asinine comments when Disney and/or Marvel are not involved? I don't see at all how that should make a difference. Off colour quips are either offensive or not. The studio attached to the film in question is irrelevant. Disney and Marvel are owed no more respect than an independent film maker should receive. The comments in question were sexist and out of line. Period. Joking or not, Evans and Renner stepped over a line that, in the 21st century, should no longer exist. Yes, they were joking. Those kind of jokes just aren't funny anymore.
I think it's pretty clear that that was not at all my point and that I am not a fan of what they said. Having said that I believe that people should be able to say what they chose but be accountable for the same. In light of who a major component of the Avengers audience is, children, Renner and Evans owed a greater debt of care and it magnifies the inappropriateness of their comments.

How you turned my comments around as an endorsement of sexism is beyond me.....
Old 04-24-2015, 08:29 AM   #928
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
In midst of all the conflict and chaos Avengers: Age of Ultron still manages to have good fun & humor even when the stakes are high.

Thanks to Joss Whedon and team for another entertaining chapter in the Marvel saga. Will be seeing it again in few days.

And that slow motion surround shot of the group in action was freaking epic.
Definitely! Many memorable action-packed moments like the intro, HB VS Hulk, & finale battle. Also liked how we get to know more of MCU Romanoff, Banner, & Barton.

The new team looks promising & would be awesome if a company produces & sells the marble diorama from the end credits!
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #929
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

didn't think much of the film TBH. Think I/the film was suffering from Phantom Menace Syndrome, where the film was over -hyped for such a long period and didn't live up to it.

The Dark World & Winter Soldier were better IMO, and yes, there is only one Post credit sequence, don't bother staying all the way until the end
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:30 PM   #930
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
didn't think much of the film TBH. Think I/the film was suffering from Phantom Menace Syndrome, where the film was over -hyped for such a long period and didn't live up to it.

The Dark World & Winter Soldier were better IMO, and yes, there is only one Post credit sequence, don't bother staying all the way until the end
Ai.... The Dark World was better? I know Winter Solider will be hard to top but TDW was pretty throw away for me.