Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 08-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #921
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
From everything I'm reading that's what sales reports are indicating. The thing is that, I don't think there's been one huge selling Blu-Ray like Matrix, it's overall sales and adoption rates. There are many more BR players in homes at a faster rate than there were DVD players. It's different times though, so it's tough to get an even comparison. It's kind of like when you compare the highest grossing movies, but you have to adjust for inflation to get the true winner. But if you look at the sales charts over at Amazon, BR has been outselling DVD for some time now.
I just get the feeling that many people dont see Blu-Ray as a groundbreaker the way DVD was to VHS (ignoring laserdisc since that never caught on). To older (or stubborn people like me ) DVD is HD enough already. lol I'll take your word on the Blu-ray player sales though.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #922
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm loving the trend of reasonably priced catalog titles.
I totally agree with you on that! I'm re-buying way more titles than I had ever anticipated, and it's because of the low prices. I think the studios realized that many people felt the same, and were not going to be that willing to re-buy everything, many for the "umpteenth" time.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #923
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Quite the contrary actually.

Source: Blu-ray.com
Very cool.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #924
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
I just get the feeling that many people dont see Blu-Ray as a groundbreaker the way DVD was to VHS (ignoring laserdisc since that never caught on). To older (or stubborn people like me ) DVD is HD enough already. lol I'll take your word on the Blu-ray player sales though.
You know, I think that that was how most people felt initially. But Blu-Ray being available on PS3s, and standalone players dropping in price so quickly, has changed many people's minds. I know I didn't really think about getting a standalone player until my DVD player broke down. It was a no-brainer to get a BR player. It was $80 and it played both my DVDs and BRs. My 1st player was the PS3, which as a gamer, I figured in the worst case scenario I'd only use as a gaming device. I use it more to watch BRs than play games these days. So come on, get with the 21st century!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #925
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Bite your tongue!!

Man, I hope not, now I'm nervous.
I'm only mildly concerned because this along with Pulp Fiction and The Crow are so high on my want list and Lionsgate has A TON of quality catalog titles hitting in the next few months, all priced very reasonably. All indications point to the AQ being up to snuff as both the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 mixes are included and PQ wise all films are presented in their original aspect ratios which is a must for me.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #926
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Omar,

Once you see a BR film, on a GREAT tv (like 1080/240hz) you will NEVER be able to go back to watching old Dvd's again...

I doubt i will ever convert my whole entire movie collection to BR, though definitely my top ten favorites (i.e. Blade Runner, Excalibur, Raiders, SW 1-6, etc), but BR is ALL I buy now. However, because they're so pricey when they first hit, it helps me not buy movies as much.

I remember buying DVD's by the busload just 7-8 years ago at crazy prices $5-$10). those days are done and thankfully, BR movies can now be had at similar prices. I just dont want to buy stuff twice unless its a fave
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #927
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I'm only mildly concerned because this along with Pulp Fiction and The Crow are so high on my want list and Lionsgate has A TON of quality catalog titles hitting in the next few months, all priced very reasonably. All indications point to the AQ being up to snuff as both the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 mixes are included and PQ wise all films are presented in their original aspect ratios which is a must for me.
PF will happen - it has to
Old 08-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #928
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
PF will happen - it has to
It already is brother. October 4th. Same as Jackie Brown.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #929
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
It already is brother. October 4th. Same as Jackie Brown.
Hot sh1t, its on
Old 08-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #930
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The Miramax catalog has been sorely mismanaged in regards to Blu-ray. Over the next few months Lionsgate will be assaulting our collective pocketbooks. Well mine at least.

Here is a brief rundown of noteworthy upcoming titles.

Aug. 23rd
- Rounders
- Swingers

Aug. 30th
- Good Will Hunting

Sept. 13th
- Trainspotting

Oct. 4th
- Pulp Fiction
- Jackie Brown
- Dead Alive

Oct. 18th