ukshaun
Hercules

What Tanre said.
I wish i owned one of these now.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 01:04 AM   #923
Blade3327
Nightwing

Finally got this on top of a shelf sans the back wall and, as I feared, I really would prefer this with a simpler base.

Anyone know an artist who could manufacture a custom circular base for something like this, matching the key hole for the foot?

If not, I don't know if I can really justify keeping this. Its enormous size amplifies both its strengths and weaknesses, making my otherwise minor design gripes overwhelming.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 12:19 PM   #924
Python
Omega Red

Image spam incoming, sorry. I've had a few days with this now and I love it! It's easily the best statue I own and a true showcase of what Prime 1 can do when they put in the effort. The packaging may have been atrocious, but what hid inside was gold.

It's hard to even find faults with this one, I think the only bad thing I can mention is the orange paint they have added to the dents on the wall, not really sure why they did this and I will cover it over eventually. The only other thing is just personal preference in that I wish the head were more upright, it would have added more feeling of movement and aggression to the statue. You'll notice many of my images are from down low to try and give this effect, in reality the head is most definitely looking down. Not really a huge issue, but the fact that's all I have to complain about should speak volumes as to how amazing this statue is.

It is huge!! And super heavy, probably twice as heavy as any other statue I own including various 1/4 Predators. It's actually insane when you first open it if you aren't used to 1/3 scale, and large characters in 1/3 to boot. It's also full of subtle details and paint tones that just all collide to make it look incredible, it's hard to see all of this in pictures, but even the base which looks boring in pictures has a rainbow of subtle layers to it, blues, oranges and beyond. The entire statue changes depending on the time of day, it can have browns showing one minute, and look fully black the next, it's just so good!

Also the bust is incredible in its own right, I can't stop looking at it! I'm really glad I got the DX now this is in hand, even the open mouth head looks fantastic on the statue, so much so that I've left it on there for now. I'll try to get some more pictures along side other statues once this has found it's permanent position in my collection. Well done Prime 1, more of this please, with better packaging so that more people can enjoy it!

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 12:20 PM   #925
Python
Omega Red

Old 04-24-2022, 12:20 PM   #926
Python
Omega Red

Old 04-24-2022, 12:48 PM   #927
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

nice pics, congrats.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 01:49 PM   #928
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Dare I say it. GRAIL.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 01:55 PM   #929
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Dare I say it. GRAIL.
I dare agree! Thank you for keeping me excited with your wonderful images until mine arrived, it's insanely awesome!
Old 04-24-2022, 07:21 PM   #930
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Yours looks fantastic! Whenever I walk past it, I just think how lucky I am to have one.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote