Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-25-2019, 05:16 PM   #931
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Dang, where’s my shipping notice SS?!??!?
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:48 PM   #932
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Dang, where’s my shipping notice SS?!??!?
Same here. Nothing for me on the EX either
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #933
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Nothing here either, but I wasn’t expecting to be in the first wave since I just ordered it a few weeks ago.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:25 PM   #934
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Ok, got my response from SS on my broken piece. They told me body replacement is very hard to come by so are letting me return the piece for a full refund. I guess i just have to return her and try to order another one?
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:29 PM   #935
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
Ok, got my response from SS on my broken piece. They told me body replacement is very hard to come by so are letting me return the piece for a full refund. I guess i just have to return her and try to order another one?
Yes... return and order a new one same day
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:41 PM   #936
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Yup! Start the return process and order another one immediately.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:48 PM   #937
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Thanks guys. Yup did it immediately. Ive had at least 8 people tell me not to go with Prime 1's parts replacement method now, which makes me very suspect on their manufacturing process. While the pieces look great, if they are unable to account for error percentages like shipping breakage or murphy's law, something about their planning process seems off.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:06 PM   #938
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
GO! GO! GO!

Jigg a lot of the issues I've seen with P1's replacement parts is they don't fit the original source properly because nothing is machined the same. I don't know how that is but a buddy of mine does custom machine work digitally and every piece matches.

They probably have 10 poor souls locked away under a staircase in the middle of nowhere toiling away using hand tools to make the parts.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:31 PM   #939
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
GO! GO! GO!

Jigg a lot of the issues I've seen with P1's replacement parts is they don't fit the original source properly because nothing is machined the same. I don't know how that is but a buddy of mine does custom machine work digitally and every piece matches.

They probably have 10 poor souls locked away under a staircase in the middle of nowhere toiling away using hand tools to make the parts.
I’m just going to assume that they use old molds at the end of their life to produce some of their replacement parts.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:46 PM   #940
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
GO! GO! GO!

It worked out either way cause now I return the broken one and ordered one with all the points I had stored up over the years. Hope this one arrives problem free. So whoever is out there ordering this, be aware number 80/800 is messed up. Not sure how Prime 1 handles these? Do they just take it back for repair or do they just trash it? They must spend time retooling the replacement to match up with the original components so they can sell it.