Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #9501
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think Tweeterhead just assumes that everyone has a UPS account set up and will get notifications from UPS.
I described why this doesn't work for me to them in several emails. Commercial address......so it in on them to get me the tracking. I am is the custom service business so I have high standards. The few times I have had to deal with sideshow support, I've been very pleased.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #9502
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
how's the quality of the replacement?
The quality seemed good. As good as the initial piece.

Here's how it came

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
You could try to sand it down just a little bit? If it fits, good for you, if it doesn't, ask a replacement?
I suppose I could but I really don't want to.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #9503
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
...and it doesn't fit.

The key is to tight. I feel like if I force and bang on it it would go in there but afraid if I did it wouldn't come back out. Leaving the old one for now and will try again when I move him to his final spot.

I kinda expected this to happen.
That's a simple fix..

I at many times even with not having any replacement had some statues where it was too tight not fitting correctly.

The key part that slides in is never viewable when displayed so it's easy to Sand It down lightly to remove the paint on the key as well as every time you sand a little try to slide it in until it fits in properly.

Do not sand off too much and the reason every tiny bit you shave off to test it frequently until it fits.

My last statue that gave me issues was Mediveil Spawn which he did not want to slide into the base, so I had to shave down the key pegs in order for it to fit...

I would first attempt to shave it a little because all replacement molds will be slighly different and does not make sense to try to get another one from Sideshow because most likely it will not be any better.

I would not worry because as long as it's not too loose then you can shave it down for a nice snug proper fit.

I also had an issue with my Freddy Krueger not sliding into the base and it also felt if I forced him down that I would not be able to wiggle him out of the base. So I was able to with a flat head screw driver scrape the excess paint and remove a little resin inside the peg hole where the peg slides in.. the hole had too much paint and was too tight for him to slide all the way in and once I scraped like a milameter away it slid in perfect.

Anytime a part is too tight is a relief versus parts that slide in and are loose. When it's loose theres a risk of it Maybe falling off the piece due to it not being snug. Once it's too loose you can't go back unless you add new resin to it but when it's too tight, you can always remove some to make it fit. Removing the little paint on the key is not a big deal and like I said it doesn't matter if you remove the paint on the key due to it not being viewable on display. Just make sure to sand the key evenly.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #9504
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
That's a simple fix..

I at many times even with not having any replacement had some statues where it was too tight not fitting correctly.

The key part that slides in is never viewable when displayed so it's easy to Sand It down lightly to remove the paint on the key as well as every time you sand a little try to slide it in until it fits in properly.

Do not sand off too much and the reason every tiny bit you shave off to test it frequently until it fits.

My last statue that gave me issues was Mediveil Spawn which he did not want to slide into the base, so I had to shave down the key pegs in order for it to fit...

I would first attempt to shave it a little because all replacement molds will be slighly different and does not make sense to try to get another one from Sideshow because most likely it will not be any better.

I would not worry because as long as it's not too loose then you can shave it down for a nice snug proper fit.
Send it back, make them give you another one. You shouldn't have to do this s***. It was 1200 bucks! Just my opinion.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:32 PM   #9505
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
Send it back, make them give you another one. You shouldn't have to do this s***. It was 1200 bucks! Just my opinion.
I'm inclined to agree.

At the mercy of the posts that will follow this statement I am going to try and lube it up first.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #9506
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree.

At the mercy of the posts that will follow this statement I am going to try and lube it up first.
Take it from a 20 year collector.... This case doesn't make sense to ship it back because you can easily remove some excess paint on the key to make it fit.... So you know they have $5000-10k pieces out there with QC issues so please stop saying for $1200 this should be perfect....... NO MASSED PRODUCED MAN MADE ITEMS COMING FROM CHINA ARE PERFECT... Collectors should understand that and I bet you if you send this repclament back that Sideshow will tell you that there is not a better one then what you already have which most likely you will encounter the same issue If they send another or maybe a worse issue then this...

Why risk getting another one with possible chips or bad paint job over the key being a little too tight?

From my experience at times I recieved chipped or worse replacements, so I would be cautious if the only issue is that it's just a little too tight.

I got a new poison Ivy replacement body and she had clear chip damage and her leg was not glued properly giving a degree of separation; therefore she could never fit into the base and was worse then the original being replaced.

You guys really thinking for $1200 you will get perfection from China I'm sorry to say are living in a Dream World.

If you have any understanding of man made items then you know "No 2 Same items will ever be Identicle!"

Most likely Sideshow will Tell you the same that they will either give you a credit, return the whole piece and Tell you that Another replacement Will not be Any better.

im sure they will not send you another replacement for this kind of issue because its as simple as removing some excess from the key.... Literally, it will Take you
2-5 min to do and you should not be stuborn to fix it yourself, even If Its a $1200 man made statue being massed produced.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:47 PM   #9507
Stormrider
Fantastic Four

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree.

Do this before you send it back, with a a hair dryer heat up the key hole. It worked for me many times.
Stormrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:47 PM   #9508
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree.

I'm not saying a word
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 03:56 PM   #9509
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
Do this before you send it back, with a a hair dryer heat up the key hole. It worked for me many times.

That's a possibility as well too if you don't want to remove some of the paint from the key..

It's ok to remove some of the paint on the key because the key doesn't need paint any way when it's being slid inside the statue to never be seen
Old 03-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #9510
adee
Green Arrow

You make good points ALF and I wouldn't want to go through it all and then get a damaged one. It's not that I'm being stubborn on principals or anything, I just don't want to screw it up. I will try getting sexy with it first then hair dryer and then sanding it down if I have to. I appreciate all the suggestions.