Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #9511
malkii
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Location: Somewhere you have never been, nor do you want to go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWing View Post
*laugh* there was no implication directed at you or anyone here. I've just seen tons of people on the Bowen board that seem to only want it because he did it, and everything else sucks. I like his work, alot, most of my collection is from him or his company, but sometimes other people do something better. They don't seem to realize that. If he did an Angel though I'm sure I'd be all over it.
I can't wait for Bowen's Angel to come out... supposed to be coming in the next phast once it is approved... I am getting the HH blue, its an awesome statue, couldn't pass it up... but it could be better... i really don't like the base, the cloud just throws the whole thing off for me...
Old 10-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #9512
Merlose
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
*laugh* there was no implication directed at you or anyone here. I've just seen tons of people on the Bowen board that seem to only want it because he did it, and everything else sucks. I like his work, alot, most of my collection is from him or his company, but sometimes other people do something better. They don't seem to realize that. If he did an Angel though I'm sure I'd be all over it.
You know some of his fans want to make love to him right? We should start a poll, which fourm member is most likely to make love to Bowen? lol j/k
Old 10-26-2007, 02:02 PM   #9513
Merlose

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkii View Post
I can't wait for Bowen's Angel to come out... supposed to be coming in the next phast once it is approved... I am getting the HH blue, its an awesome statue, couldn't pass it up... but it could be better... i really don't like the base, the cloud just throws the whole thing off for me...
yeah the base didn't do much for me either although it was a creative solution to the problem of his wings. I would love to have him atop a pedestal with his wings cascading down.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #9514
IceWing
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkii View Post
The cloud base is the only thing I'm not that hip on, but it looks okay. It could be better though. I do like the fact that it allows for the full wing span and to have his feet raised.

I have the MOTU Sorceress FS, which is raised, and it's one of my favorite statues, but it looks so delcate because the support is attached through her back at one point and the wings are not attached either. I'm always afraid it's going to fall off and break.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #9515
IceWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlose View Post
You know some of his fans want to make love to him right? We should start a poll, which fourm member is most likely to make love to Bowen? lol j/k
Ew!
Old 10-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #9516
IceWing

Quote:
yeah the base didn't do much for me either although it was a creative solution to the problem of his wings. I would love to have him atop a pedestal with his wings cascading down.
Exactly my feeling on it. I have a few statues with wings, and this one has done the best so far of displaying them. I have the Magic the Gathering Sara Angel one as well, and her wings are small, to make it work.

The pedestal base might work really well though with the wings spread a little and extending down below his feet on the pedestal.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #9517
Merlose

Quote:
Ew!
all things considered he does look kinda good now that he's lost some weight.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:36 PM   #9518
IceWing

Quote:
all things considered he does look kinda good now that he's lost some weight.
It's not the fact of some of the fan boys and him that's "EW!".

It's the thought of two guys, period.

Excuse me for a second

J/K
Old 10-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #9519
Merlose

Quote:
It's not the fact of some of the fan boys and him that's "EW!".

It's the thought of two guys, period.

Excuse me for a second

J/K

LOL
Old 10-26-2007, 03:14 PM   #9520
IceWing

And speaking of lossing weight, I need to get up off my fat rear and go exercise. 6 mile walk/jog here I come!

I'm determined to reach my weight goal for the end of the year. I didn't think I would have lost any this week (afraid I might have gained a pound) but I lost one. So I need to keep it up.

See y'all in a little while.
Closed Thread