Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-07-2018, 01:08 PM   #951
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Nice this has me pumped! My final date got pushed back dec 25th, hopefully it ships then!
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #952
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
Just got so excited and afraid at the same time. Boston here too, we both know how UPS is and even worse during the holidays.
Dear god, too true. I'm just glad Prime 1 has some great packaging so I don't have to be as concerned about the delivery as I typically am. If this was SS packaging I'd be taping a five foot neon sign that screams "PACKAGE IS FRAGILE" to my front door just for UPS.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:15 PM   #953
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemerz View Post
if this holds up, shouldn't there be pictures out by now from chinese collectors? they normally have the prime1 stuff around a month before anyone else.
I'm almost positive the license doesn't allow them to ship to Asian markets. It is Sideshow's license, and all of their inventory is coming to Sideshow's warehouse. It is the reason you could not order the Marvel pieces directly from Prime 1.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #954
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I'm almost positive the license doesn't allow them to ship to Asian markets. It is Sideshow's license, and all of their inventory is coming to Sideshow's warehouse. It is the reason you could not order the Marvel pieces directly from Prime 1.
This partnership sucks!! The distributor isn’t allowing them to create the pieces which they are taking a cut from and what seems like forcing delays. Wtf
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:34 AM   #955
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I think Venom got delayed a few months due to P1 fixing the seam where the torso meets the legs. As far as the partnership goes, it seems like P1 and SSC have a good working relationship.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:35 AM   #956
sparda
The Avengers

3months due to the changes in the body. And the relationship between P1 and SSC is far from good. Why do you think there isn't a new52 aquaman coming, why there isn't any Marvel piece being released, why P1 isn't able to release any 1/3 DC piece,...
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:45 AM   #957
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
3months due to the changes in the body. And the relationship between P1 and SSC is far from good. Why do you think there isn't a new52 aquaman coming, why there isn't any Marvel piece being released, why P1 isn't able to release any 1/3 DC piece,...
P1 made 1/4 scale Marvel and DC pieces and SSC let them use their license and they distributed the statues. Now P1 is doing the 1/4 Injustice line and SSC is selling them. Seems pretty cool to me. I figure everything else is just politics. Maybe Marvel doesn't want too many companies making their characters at the same time. But maybe you're right; I'm not privy to inside info.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #958
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I believe it's just SS allowing P1 what they can do in 1/4 since they have that exclusive contract. Like this version of Venom, not sure if they were allowed to do a more classic or mainstream version. It's SS's way of protecting their sales while expanding others they have no intention of doing.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #959
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
P1 made 1/4 scale Marvel and DC pieces and SSC let them use their license and they distributed the statues. Now P1 is doing the 1/4 Injustice line and SSC is selling them. Seems pretty cool to me. I figure everything else is just politics. Maybe Marvel doesn't want too many companies making their characters at the same time. But maybe you're right; I'm not privy to inside info.
As somebody who has followed it for years now the P1/SS relationship feels pretty toxic. It really has little to do with Marvel and much more with SS's gatekeeper licences and Prime 1's aggressive push into not just the same market but also the same licences. Toes have been stepped on by both parties and ultimately we're at a point now where P1 is desperately trying to get out from under SS's thumb by establishing and growing their own online store and community. Sadly, as of right now that's pretty much a hot mess and still in it's infancy.

P.S. If you want a good example of their current "relationship", go take a look at the Venom product page on SS. When the statue was released, it was part of the Prime 1 catalogue and listed as manufactured by Prime 1. Now just one mention of Prime 1 in the entire product description even though P1 made the piece and it's not listed as a P1 product at all.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #960
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

I’m in the US so the only thing keeping me from ordering more stuff from the actual Prime 1 website is the higher shipping charges versus ordering from Sideshow. Otherwise I’d order all my P1 stuff from P1.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote