Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: How long before Lady Death EX PF sells out?
Less than 1 week 40 28.37%
1 to 2 weeks 26 18.44%
2 to 4 weeks 23 16.31%
1 to 3 months 24 17.02%
Longer than 3 months 28 19.86%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #951
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Hype around both of these is Justified in terms of sculpt, presence and quality, if Lady Death comes out just as well as Vampirella these will be well worth the hype when you display them together. If you were looking to make a quick buck however, c'mon man what'd you expect with C grade characters.
i dont buy for flipping , not worth it anyway, i end up spending 500$ on each when i buy from sideshow direct.
but TbH i did get caught up in the hype and these 2 were around when nothing else much was there of interest, but then comic con happened . now i hav 20 items on pre order, i could have done with the money i spend on this 2 lol, doesnt fit in my collection, though they are quite good,
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #952
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
i dont buy for flipping , not worth it anyway, i end up spending 500$ on each when i buy from sideshow direct.
but TbH i did get caught up in the hype and these 2 were around when nothing else much was there of interest, but then comic con happened . now i hav 20 items on pre order, i could have done with the money i spend on this 2 lol, doesnt fit in my collection, though they are quite good,
I am with you on this one. I have no idea about this character, but it looks cool. Now I have about 10 items on pre-order...that I think I would prefer to spend my money on something I care about. I'll see whether or not I want to keep this and Babydoll.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #953
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
Just her norks left to pay for then - one payment for each!
Great way to think about it.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #954
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
i wish i hadnt fallen for the hype around this and vampirella,
Yeah, me too kinda. I mean, I love the Vampirella PF and comiquette but I think I went overboard with this one.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #955
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
I am with you on this one. I have no idea about this character, but it looks cool. Now I have about 10 items on pre-order...that I think I would prefer to spend my money on something I care about. I'll see whether or not I want to keep this and Babydoll.
I'm in the same boat with these two. What to do?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 AM   #956
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I got Babydoll on PO also... Not too sure if I want it. Thought SS would at least announce another sucker punch lady by now. What good is it just to have just one sucker punch girls & it's only babydoll
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:28 AM   #957
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Lady death might be cool. Already had one flex payment paid
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:35 AM   #958
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Same here, I already sold her to a forum buddy in Germany, he just pays for it and that's it. The pic of Vampirella togehter with Lady Death got me when I ordered. But I like Vampirella much more and will only keep her.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #959
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
i wish i hadnt fallen for the hype around this and vampirella,
I hear you, I was in the same boat. I bought vamp pf ex ordered lady death pf ex and baby doll pf ex. They all great sculpt but NONE of them I care in term of character. I don't like their characters at all, I don't know what I was thiking when I ordered them (maybe I was trying to get along with everyone else). So I sold my vamp pf ex and cancelled lady death and baby doll.

I learned my lesson. Now I only order if I really like the character, great sculpt alone will not be enough.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #960
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

As a long time fan I have absolutely no regrets about the Vampirella pf (apart from Sideshow not putting the damn bat on the costume!), but even though she is almost paid off, part of me still questions whether I really needed the Lady Death pf.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a fantastic looking piece, but I only really purchased it as a companion piece for the Vampirella PF, as I don't have the same level of affection for the Lady Death character as I do for Vampirella, and so I probably could have spent that money more wisely elsewhere if I'm perfectly honest.

I never buy characters that I don't have a legitimate attachment to as a general rule, but here I have done exactly that. I've purchased a superb rendition of a character that I'm basically lukewarm on, and that was probably a bit of a silly move on my part, no matter how nice the actual statue is.

I think the fact that I hadn't seen anything that I liked enough to purchase for quite a long while before that probably influenced me more than I should have let it, and while I still think it is a beautiful looking piece, it is probably a beautiful looking piece that ultimately I didn't need as part of my own personal collection.

If the final version turns out well then I'm sure I'll still very much enjoy it when it arrives, because I do like the look of the piece a lot, but as much as I like it, I probably didn't need it, and that's the lesson to take from this. A lesson that I thought I had long since learnt. I guess it's just so damn easy to slip in this hobby...
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote