Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-30-2016, 05:57 AM   #971
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Accuracy looks the same I can't tell any difference except it looks like a predator.
A picture tells more than a thousand words...

Ehollywood:

Jaguargod:

Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:35 AM   #972
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I agree wolf is the best predator so far imo. But this p1 I think looks better than the first version. Seems a bit more up to date version. Accuracy looks the same I can't tell any difference except it looks like a predator. Wished we could get a new sculpture of a clear version predator. That would be pretty different and cool. I'm sure xm will do crazy cool stuff like that. Hope SS does too and some action poses like wolf on these maquettes in the future.
This is better than the original but you want an action pise?
Collectorcol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:55 AM   #973
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I sold my Alien, wanted to focus on just the predators. Need to find a statue to replace it, this predator Jungle Hunter statue is perfect to fill that spot. EX Ordered.

Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:48 PM   #974
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Nice setup Mamba.

I agree about this piece. It's a great representation of the jungle predator from Predator. Is it a perfect representation? No but very few pieces these days are a perfect representation. Unless they are based on a screen used prop, every film based piece produced is not going to be a perfect representation. This piece more then fills the bill for me. EX ordered. It will look great paired with my Predator 2 Maquette.

One last point. I am really surprised this piece isn't priced much higher than the Predator 2 Maquette which went up for preorder three years ago. I gotta give Sideshow credit for that.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 01:53 PM   #975
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I'm torn on this one. I'd like one Predator statue in the collection and this one looks great, but with XM and P1(rumoured?) to have the license it's hard to pull the trigger. That's a sick setup Mamba, I actually like the two on each end best right after Wolf.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:59 PM   #976
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
I sold my Alien, wanted to focus on just the predators. Need to find a statue to replace it, this predator Jungle Hunter statue is perfect to fill that spot. EX Ordered.

Great collection! Wow that big guy on the left looks massive. The alien is just too good to let go. Besides haven't seen anything better yet for that guy. My favorites from your pic would be in order wolf, p2, the medium guy then the huge guy on the left end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I'm torn on this one. I'd like one Predator statue in the collection and this one looks great, but with XM and P1(rumoured?) to have the license it's hard to pull the trigger. That's a sick setup Mamba, I actually like the two on each best right after Wolf.
Only one thing is xm will make these stunning with action poses etc which will be great! Tons of change outs and details. But I doubt xm will make these as large as the SS maquettes. More like the smaller SS pf sizes. The extra large size of these maquettes is one reason why I like them. Gives much more presence!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:29 PM   #977
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

all you guys are forgetting to mention that a Pred from XM will cost you a lot more than from SS when you factor in A) anyone you order from will ask for more than retail and B) shipping will be astronomical. If you guys think a piece like Ghost Rider or Cable is expensive, imagine a Predator.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:48 PM   #978
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

I think this looks fantastic. There is a very good chance I will wind up picking this up. A lot depends on when a few Prime 1 pieces get released, but hopefully I'll be able to snag one of these.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:05 PM   #979
peterxixi
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
all you guys are forgetting to mention that a Pred from XM will cost you a lot more than from SS when you factor in A) anyone you order from will ask for more than retail and B) shipping will be astronomical. If you guys think a piece like Ghost Rider or Cable is expensive, imagine a Predator.
Yup, when a great piece/popular character comes out, just add 1k to the retail price. That is about what you have to pay for it including shipping cost, if you live in the U.S..
peterxixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:24 PM   #980
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
If it is really good quality, who cares? It's not like this subpar piece is cheap. If you want a definitive Predator statue, it is painfully obvious at this point that you are no longer going to get it from SS. I would rather have one really great Predator statue from XM, CoolProps or Prime 1 than a dozen SS statues that are just OK.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote