Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #971
MinMay
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

thanks for the info....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Without trying to restart a sh*t storm, I think it's obvious why it isn't sold out yet. Wait until Jerry fixes the head or adds a 3rd plain skull. It will go quick, fast, and in a hurry then. Also:

1) It's comic con and there is a ton of stuff that other companies are showing, so it's no surprise that people are unsure of exactly what they want. Even the rich have a limit of what they can and will spend.

2) With SS's NRD, gone are the days of haphazardly pre-ordering 15 statues during the Con only to cancel half or more when the ship date arrives. People will be losing hundreds of dollars for changing their minds.

3) I don't think it's an issue of more SF fans versus MK fans. The initial run is high and there is probably hesitation about the exclusive as it is, plus add in the above two examples and I think you'll see this trend be more and more common for statues in general.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #972
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
We have the best Scorpion Statue...ever. But all this feedback for a measly skull head which is simply a side accessory at best.

I ordered the exclusive, but that's only because an extra head for an additional $10 is a steal.

You guys would rather put a skull on that sculpt instead of the ninja head (at least for the majority of the time)?
Some of the members on this forum have been into Mortal Kombat since it was released almost 20 years ago and have a HUGE passion for it. We finally get the license converted into statues and done by PCSC, no less. Of course there is going to be feedback for the skull head, why wouldn't there be?

As you said, it's the "best Scorpion statue...ever", but guess what, the fans who have been hoping and praying for this statue to be made for years want it to be the best it can be, but in it's current form...it ain't.

Jerry admitted that he wasn't all that familiar with the license so all we're trying to do is give some constructive criticism and offer some ideas to make this the best statue it can be. We all wanted the skull head, we just want it to be accurate to the source material. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

If it's just a measly skull head and a side accessory in your mind, then there is no way you could understand how the rest of us feel. Jerry is awesome for listening to fan feed back as you said and we're very appreciative that he's making some adjustments. But you know what? If everyone kept there mouth shut and just accepted it for a "side accessory", neither Jerry nor the fans would have got the "best Scorpion Statue...ever."

Don't be afraid to vocalize your opinions, you never know what you might get changed for the better. The worst Jerry or anyone else can say, is "no".
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #973
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Some of the members on this forum have been into Mortal Kombat since it was released almost 20 years ago and have a HUGE passion for it. We finally get the license converted into statues and done by PCSC, no less. Of course there is going to be feedback for the skull head, why wouldn't there be?

As you said, it's the greatest Scorpion statue...ever, but guess what, the fans who have been hoping and praying for this statue to be made for years want it to be the best it can be and in it's current form...it ain't.

Jerry admitted that he wasn't all that familiar with the license so all we're trying to do is give some constructive criticism and offer some ideas to make this best statue it can be. We all wanted the skull head, we just want it to be accurate to the source material. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

If it's just a measly skull head and a side accessory in your mind, then there is no way you could understand how the rest of us feel. Jerry is awesome for listening to fan feed back as you said and we're very appreciative that he's making some adjustments.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #974
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm 32 years old and remember the days where I would spend a good amount of time at the 7:11 playing the Mortal Kombat Arcade Machine trying as fast as I can to hit that fatality with Scorpion. Hell, I've been playing games since the Commodore 64 so please don't compare me to some dumb kid.

Trust me, I've been around the block.

To me, that statue is perfect. Something worth waiting 20 years for.

Some of the posts I see aren't constructive criticism (not pointing my finger directly at you nor am I in no way trying to start an argument of any kind) but it's just straight up complaining.

I wanted a Scorpion in an action pose, details on every area, accurate armor, intensity, sick looking swords, a hellish base, and of course his famous spear.

The original release had it all and just about everyone praised it.

Then the exclusive head was released and people started complaining...and yes, that skull is a 'side piece'

If all we got was a Scorpion with a skull head and no iconic ninja mask I sure as hell wouldn't purchase it.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #975
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
We may use clear resin on the flames...being discussed.
Man this keeps getting better!get your order in now guys seriously!or as they say ex or fail on this one!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #976
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I'm 32 years old and remember the days where I would spend a good amount of time at the 7:11 playing the Mortal Kombat Arcade Machine trying as fast as I can to hit that fatality with Scorpion. Hell, I've been playing games since the Commodore 64 so please don't compare me to some dumb kid.

Trust me, I've been around the block.

To me, that statue is perfect. Something worth waiting 20 years for.

Some of the posts I see aren't constructive criticism (not pointing my finger directly at you nor am I in no way trying to start an argument of any kind) but it's just straight up complaining.

I wanted a Scorpion in an action pose, details on every area, accurate armor, intensity, sick looking swords, a hellish base, and of course his famous spear.

The original release had it all and just about everyone praised it.

Then the exclusive head was released and people started complaining...and yes, that skull is a 'side piece'

If all we got was a Scorpion with a skull head and no iconic ninja mask I sure as hell wouldn't purchase it.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #977
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
We are going to do a skull head with no flames as a third pack-in option.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #978
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Mortal Kombat Legacy Ep: 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OwDy...e_gdata_player
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #979
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
We are going to do a skull head with no flames as a third pack-in option.

As far as pre-orders not selling out, the NRD has pretty much killed most of the quick sell-outs. Things simply take more time these days.
Thank you Jerry. I knew you would come through for us.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #980
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
got to admit i kinda like the nrd system keeps all my impulsive purchasing under control!!Excellent news about the skull thank you for taking it on board it can only be good for your business!
Its perfectly fine when wanting the exclusives, but for the regular statue, I just can't put down $30. The NRD is really what has prevented me from preordering Destroyer Maquette, Cobra Commander PF, Mumm Ra PF, Psylocke PF and now Scorpion. I'm just not taking the chance of preordering statues and losing my money if something should arise.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote