Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #971
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
If any indication of the popularity of sucker punch and the publicity when these were first shown, (I remember wanting all of them, at $250-$350) and the quick sell out of sdcc whisper they should already know that they could have sold a good amount and made this a hugely popular line they definitely have the resources to do it.
With respect, I think you're confusing the 'excitement' of this forum as a reflection of the statue market overall.......maybe you're right, but I doubt it. The Honey Trap girls look great, GG could never make (and sell) enough of these to justify a price that didn't compete with the standard (current) cost that SS charge for a PF, this is assuming a gradual price increase since the Sucker Punch girls were sold, and the HT line could never compete with your Spiderman, Batman, Superman, etc characters vying for collectors money.....not in any significant way anyway. The 100 that sold out was a no brainer, no company would use those figures as an indicative for success.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #972
Spazzy
Hercules

not just this forum, it was everywhere, people like great looking statues, and GG knew that and got greedy with their pricing, nobody probably thought all sucker punch girls would do well, the movie was not overall well received but many bought because the statues were great, and well priced hence the rise in edition size and the 2nd run of babydoll...and still people demanded it. even at an edition of 150 and a huge piece the samurai sold well at $450 and still had demand, just dont see the logic of rising the prices so high and only making a small amount, when they know they can get sales for this line.

Why are these so much more (retail) than walking dead? are they really expecting THAT many sales from them? Obviously I understand marvel, but shanna is cheaper too, and she isnt that popular of a character.

Just dont see it, would love to get them, but I gotta draw the line somewhere, SS is probably getting their ideas from GG gonna be cutting way back with them as well, when I was buying 2-3 statues a month a few years ago.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:50 PM   #973
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
As I've stated NUMEROUS times now with you and for whatever reason you still just don't seem to get it - I have no problem with you or anyone stating your opinions. What I do have a problem with is retreading the same argument over and over again and ignoring facts to support your stance.

While this is indeed an open forum that doesn't mean you can just say whatever you want. The mods have a responsibility to keep this place fun for all it's members and if you're asked to stop pushing something you can either respect that or continue and we'll deal with you accordingly.

"While this is indeed an open forum that doesn't mean you can just say whatever you want." You do realize that is a contradictory statement and I was not saying whatever I want. Ironically you failed to address the fact that several others complained about pricing before I even came on this thread. I understand that you have a vested interest in keeping threads on track, however when the price is announced and a good portion of the posts are about the high pricing perhaps you should rethink your stance. The fact alone that you were there to counter my thread and follow it with a threat within moments of my posting shows some sort of over exuberance towards me, this line, company or something I cannot put my finger on. You may be a moderator but you seem to wield it with a bit more authority than is needed, especially on this topic and more so on the GG threads. If some other moderators could interject and take a look at what I said I am certain reason will show that I am not an unruly member of this internet community. Further more you might see that Hellboy is acting a bit unfairly/irrationally regarding this topic. Before he stepped in there was no nasty attacks or vicious name calling. In fact the only thing someone mentioned after Hellboy interjected was that I “implied the buyers of this statue were stupid” which was not my intent. People will always buy something over priced and excuse it for some reason. Like when your buddy gets a Beatles LP and you ask how much but they refuse to tell you…they acted foolish and spent more than they should have and they realize it.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #974
Spazzy
Hercules

My advice whether right or wrong don't argue with a mod or vacation time it is
Old 05-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #975
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Huh!?

Quote:
My advice whether right or wrong don't argue with a mod or vacation time it is
That not only seems unfair but a bit one sided and not what a moderator is supposed to do.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #976
Spazzy
Hercules

Immmmm not going to touch that one
Old 05-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #977
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Thx

Quote:
Immmmm not going to touch that one
Thanks for the input though bro, have a good one.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:01 PM   #978
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
That not only seems unfair but a bit one sided and not what a moderator is supposed to do.
Well, you're entitled to fight this out, right or wrong......but consider what it is you want to ultimately achieve. You've made your point about price, and a number of people share your thoughts.....so well done. Will GG change? No, unlikely, so now you can carry on denouncing the price or move on. The only people who will buy the statue are those who feel the cost is justified......who are you to change their mind? Are you in some way financing their decision to buy? So what does it matter to you at this point?

I get that you're worried that if people accept these prices eventually the hobby you love will become to expensive for you.....but dem's the bones.....either you adapt or get out of the hobby. Butting heads with moderators on a web forum isn't going to preserve your ability to buy e/expensive statues.......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:02 PM   #979
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm not going to get into it with you again statuemonger because it's pointless and your history surrounding this issue goes far beyond this thread or even this section. You've obviously learned very little since being banned as you still can't leave well enough alone, always feel the need to question things and get the last word in.

As far as this specific thread is concerned, I saw what road you were travelling down and decided to stop it before it got started. Simple as that! You have a knack for swooping into nearly every 1:4 scale GG statue thread when the price is announced to voice your protest in an attempt to convince everyone why they're being ripped off and how you hope the company falls on it's face.

If you think you're being treated unfairly by me then report it, period! Every mod here will see it and you'll get your second opinion on the matter. In the meantime quit playing the victim card and acting like I'm suppressing your right to post your opinions when all you're doing is spamming thread after thread with the same tired vitriol.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #980
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
not just this forum, it was everywhere, people like great looking statues, and GG knew that and got greedy with their pricing, nobody probably thought all sucker punch girls would do well, the movie was not overall well received but many bought because the statues were great, and well priced hence the rise in edition size and the 2nd run of babydoll...and still people demanded it. even at an edition of 150 and a huge piece the samurai sold well at $450 and still had demand, just dont see the logic of rising the prices so high and only making a small amount, when they know they can get sales for this line.

Why are these so much more (retail) than walking dead? are they really expecting THAT many sales from them? Obviously I understand marvel, but shanna is cheaper too, and she isnt that popular of a character.

Just dont see it, would love to get them, but I gotta draw the line somewhere, SS is probably getting their ideas from GG gonna be cutting way back with them as well, when I was buying 2-3 statues a month a few years ago.

Just guessing here, but I wonder if GG is trying to create a nitch in that $600 price range by giving people high quality statues with a low ES. I'll be honest that this really appeals to me, as a collector I do like owning rare or semi-rare pieces so they might be going after people like me.

Although if they give the Honey Trap line a 3000 ES then there goes that theory

IMO the quality were seeing in the mass produced statues that are in $350-$400 price range is mediocre at best. So for me to spend extra $100-$200 more for a high quality piece its defiantly worth it to me.

I wish I had Spazzy's talent, then I would repaint 3/4 of my SS collection
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote