Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-30-2016, 08:42 AM   #971
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Just got the email that I am on the waiting list. And yes, I submitted my order within 10 seconds when POing opened.
How are you ordering XM direct if you're in NYC?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:47 AM   #972
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
How are you ordering XM direct if you're in NYC?
Sent you a PM.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:50 AM   #973
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sunrise View Post
I just got email from XM that I'm on the wait list. Damn. Really wanted Venom. Like old like I can forget about it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman87 View Post
I received an email from XM stating that I'm on the waitlist too.. very disappointed as I kept refreshing the page on that day and am sure I submit my order within 10seconds of it opening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by welmer View Post
Me too im on waiting list received the email . I think everyone who pre-order online is on waiting list. I did my pre-order in exactly 7 sec (i put the timer lol ) . There is no way to do it faster than that. I guess VIP first served and in all conventions. Congrats to the lucky guys ; )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Just got the email that I am on the waiting list. And yes, I submitted my order within 10 seconds when POing opened.
This is so f*cked up. I can see maybe one or two of us on here getting waitlisted, but so far -- and this includes off this forum -- everybody I know has been waitlisted.

And I know it's because of the con preorders. I can only hope that IF XM really cares about this issue that in the future they will state exactly how many pieces were POed at the conventions AND how many remain for PO through their site. It's sketchy as hell and frustrating to boot. All we are asking for is numbers. From there we can make informed decisions about ordering on the PO date. Hell, why even have a PO date at this point? Slapped SOLD OUT on the damn statue and don't even announce the PO date through facebook/webpages.

Can we also go back to a comment made by a Singapore resident? He/She stated that people can just go into XM and plunk down a deposit on the statue -- even BEFORE the PO. Deposits can pretty much be made on concept art. Is that true as well?

I know there are middlemen, but that's not even convention POing. It's a whole 'nother level we are talking about there. The middlemen have to eat up at least 100 of those statues (and that's a lowball guess).

This has me worried as hell about X-Men. If there are characters I have been waiting years for and I can't secure them because of this convention PO/convention exclusive issue....I'm going to lose it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:16 AM   #974
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Can we also go back to a comment made by a Singapore resident? He/She stated that people can just go into XM and plunk down a deposit on the statue -- even BEFORE the PO. Deposits can pretty much be made on concept art. Is that true as well?
I can confirm that this is true....sad!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:20 AM   #975
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Yes it is true and if you are a prestige member you can also PO off a concept well before it goes up for PO. If I had the monies, I would have done that for Witchblade several months ago.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:26 AM   #976
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I really don't see the issue with that. If I had a business that also had a storefront, I would always give walk-ins priority. That's just a good business.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #977
Signalz
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Yes it is true and if you are a prestige member you can also PO off a concept well before it goes up for PO. If I had the monies, I would have done that for Witchblade several months ago.
Sigh, my hope of getting Cable off online PO...seems like impossible...
Signalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #978
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalz View Post
Sigh, my hope of getting Cable off online PO...seems like impossible...
Probably...in fact I wouldn't be surprised if XM sold most of their Cables at the con since it is a Con exclusive.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #979
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
I really don't see the issue with that. If I had a business that also had a storefront, I would always give walk-ins priority. That's just a good business.
I agree.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:40 AM   #980
Signalz
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Probably...in fact I wouldn't be surprised if XM sold most of their Cables at the con since it is a Con exclusive.
Just hope i can get one with decent price from the after-market...
Signalz is offline   Reply With Quote