Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-10-2023, 10:19 AM   #9871
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Congrats on the new pickup and nice job on the Avengers display!
Thank you so much Alex.

I just landed a nice deal on the SS Vision PF and am looking forward to getting it soon. Will be displaying him with my SS Newest Scarlet Witch PF as well.

Then all I will need will be a Hulk, A Yelena Belova and Dr. Strange.

I still have my custom She-Hulk on P/O.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 12:33 PM   #9872
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Thank you so much Alex.

I just landed a nice deal on the SS Vision PF and am looking forward to getting it soon. Will be displaying him with my SS Newest Scarlet Witch PF as well.

Then all I will need will be a Hulk, A Yelena Belova and Dr. Strange.

I still have my custom She-Hulk on P/O.
That sounds great and I look forward to seeing pics of those in your display as well (especially She-Hulk).

I'd love to see a larger scale Yelena Belova produced. Maybe Iron Studios will do one around the time Thunderbolts comes out?

Tons of Hulk statues to pick from... I'm confident that you'll find one that fits your display easily.

Are you planning to get one of the already produced Dr Strange pieces? Or waiting for something different?

AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 01:44 PM   #9873
Accomplished
Doh!

Oh my god! These are so cool
Accomplished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 01:51 PM   #9874
Onewiththeforce

Quote:
That sounds great and I look forward to seeing pics of those in your display as well (especially She-Hulk).

I'd love to see a larger scale Yelena Belova produced. Maybe Iron Studios will do one around the time Thunderbolts comes out?

Tons of Hulk statues to pick from... I'm confident that you'll find one that fits your display easily.

Are you planning to get one of the already produced Dr Strange pieces? Or waiting for something different?

Hey Alex,

Hope this finds you doing well.

Thank you so much for the kind comments and for responding to my posts. It's nice to have responses especially when I feel as though things are kind of fizzing lately.

Yea, I am really looking forward to when my She-Hulk arrives. Please see the pictures of the CGC cover that my lady got for me of the art that it is inspired by from Jeehyung Lee.

As for Yelena Belova, I have seen a 1/4 scale custom piece that has grabbed my attention. I just need to wait for the right moment. We'll see on that one.

For Dr. Strange, I have seen the XM one in person and was not very impressed with it. I guess from a practical standpoint, the foot print is not so large that it would be a dream to have on my shelves as I have soooo limited space at this time for my displays. Ugh. BUT on the other side of the coin, I really don't want to fall into a regretful trap where I paid for something and was not really completely happy with it and just "settled." and although I have yet to see the Sideshow Dr. Strange in real life but all of the videos/reviews I have seen on that one have resulted in my being very interested in. So despite the fact that the SS Dr. Strange Maquette would take up more real estate, I would be happier with him as I prefer the pose, I prefer the sculpt and although I am not usually the biggest fan of sculpted capes, I do feel that his is beautifully done and would have no problem playing with it to appropriately cater to my display and to any neighboring pieces around him.

So yea, my sights are on the SS Dr. Strange Maquette at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sh 1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	165800   Click image for larger version

Name:	sh 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	165801   Click image for larger version

Name:	sh 3.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	165802  
Old 11-10-2023, 01:51 PM   #9875
Onewiththeforce

sorry.....wish I knew why pics. come in sideways at random moments.. ugh!!!!
Old 11-10-2023, 04:15 PM   #9876
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Hey Alex,

Hope this finds you doing well.

Thank you so much for the kind comments and for responding to my posts. It's nice to have responses especially when I feel as though things are kind of fizzing lately.

Yea, I am really looking forward to when my She-Hulk arrives. Please see the pictures of the CGC cover that my lady got for me of the art that it is inspired by from Jeehyung Lee.

As for Yelena Belova, I have seen a 1/4 scale custom piece that has grabbed my attention. I just need to wait for the right moment. We'll see on that one.

For Dr. Strange, I have seen the XM one in person and was not very impressed with it. I guess from a practical standpoint, the foot print is not so large that it would be a dream to have on my shelves as I have soooo limited space at this time for my displays. Ugh. BUT on the other side of the coin, I really don't want to fall into a regretful trap where I paid for something and was not really completely happy with it and just "settled." and although I have yet to see the Sideshow Dr. Strange in real life but all of the videos/reviews I have seen on that one have resulted in my being very interested in. So despite the fact that the SS Dr. Strange Maquette would take up more real estate, I would be happier with him as I prefer the pose, I prefer the sculpt and although I am not usually the biggest fan of sculpted capes, I do feel that his is beautifully done and would have no problem playing with it to appropriately cater to my display and to any neighboring pieces around him.

So yea, my sights are on the SS Dr. Strange Maquette at the moment.
Hey, thanks for asking... it's been a rough day (Fridays tend to be generally terrible for me), but making my way through it. I hope your day is going a lot better.

My pleasure! Yeah, as more people leave the hobby, interactions have been dwindling. I've even found myself stepping away more and more.

But enough gloom and doom! Congrats on the comic! I've always dug that piece of art.

Glad to hear about the 1/4 Yelena. I'm further out of the loop than I used to be... or I might have seen it and just forgot (both are strong possibilities lol). I hear you on waiting.

Good points on the Strange pieces. The XM one is much older and shows its age, but it's still decent... especially if you can get it at an amazing price. The smaller footprint is almost always a great pro in any piece's favor. For me, the SSC Strange looks just as good in person as in pics... maybe even better. I'm almost sure the cape is poseable mixed media. There's no rush... take as long as you need to decide on which piece works best for you.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 06:50 PM   #9877
Onewiththeforce

Quote:
Hey, thanks for asking... it's been a rough day (Fridays tend to be generally terrible for me), but making my way through it. I hope your day is going a lot better.

I am so sorry to hear that you have tough Fridays. That does suck. Ugh!!!!! I hope that it something that gets better as the weekend approaches. Hang in there. I work from home and my man cave is my office so I get to work with my collection surrounding me daily. It's really very cool, but at the same time I also like to jump on the forums to chat with peeps to help pass the time and speak geek!!!! Sadly, yes, people are not as active here as they used to be. And for someone like who got into the larger statue game later than most.....I always feel a bit behind. LOL!!!! I do hope that you feel better though. Hang in there ok..?

My pleasure! Yeah, as more people leave the hobby, interactions have been dwindling. I've even found myself stepping away more and more.

This makes me pretty sad but yea, I have noticed it more and more. I am here to stay. LOL!!!

But enough gloom and doom! Congrats on the comic! I've always dug that piece of art.

Thanks so much as well. I also recently got the Spider Gwen cover as well. Looking forward to putting that one up as well. I always love great covers!!!

Glad to hear about the 1/4 Yelena. I'm further out of the loop than I used to be... or I might have seen it and just forgot (both are strong possibilities lol). I hear you on waiting.

Yea, it would be a custom one. I just need that right moment....we'll see. But if I ever got it, it would look great on that shelf with Cap, Clint and Natasha.

Good points on the Strange pieces. The XM one is much older and shows its age, but it's still decent... especially if you can get it at an amazing price. The smaller footprint is almost always a great pro in any piece's favor. For me, the SSC Strange looks just as good in person as in pics... maybe even better. I'm almost sure the cape is poseable mixed media. There's no rush... take as long as you need to decide on which piece works best for you.
Yea, I am hoping to score a Sideshow Dr. Strange at a reasonable price on the aftermarket. I missed out on one that sold for 525. including shipping. But I was too late to grab it as almost as soon as it was put up for sale, it was gone. LOL!!!!
Old 11-10-2023, 09:35 PM   #9878
AC_808
Hercules

Just got this yesterday...

SSC did a great job with her. Just as good as the flesh tone version.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 01:56 AM   #9879
Onewiththeforce

She looks great!!!!! Congratulations on this piece!
Thank you so much for posting them!
Old 11-13-2023, 11:05 AM   #9880
Onewiththeforce

updated lighting/////

Hey all,

I know these are older displays that I have shown before, but until yesterday, I did not have any lights set up on these.

I just wanted to share what these pieces look like now that I placed some lighting in and on the display.

Also, I am very excited as I also got confirmation that my custom Silk museum posed piece arrives this week. YAY!!!!

Will probably place with Spidey.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	l1.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	165868   Click image for larger version

Name:	l2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	165869   Click image for larger version