Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Season 3

This season was when the series began firing on all cylinders. 10/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:41 PM   #984
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow S4 - 3.5/10

This series has declined drastically over the past two seasons. A repetitive narrative and annoying supporting cast are the biggest problems. Green Arrow doesn't even seem to be the star of the series anymore. If this show is going to survive they need to ditch Team Arrow and the soap opera sub-plots, get back to the show's vigilante roots and dip into the deep library of DC villains to fill out the antagonist roles rather than these cardboard cutouts bent on world domination. All that being said I'm out for S5 so it may be too little, too late for many fans like myself.

The Flash S2 - 6.5/10

I'm still enjoying this series for the most part despite it starting to show similar signs of fatigue present in Arrow. Most of the supporting cast is decent and the villains are pretty strong. Hopefully the series can maintain momentum heading into next season and not trip up as Arrow has.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow S1 - 4.5/10

Strong production value and an interesting premise aren't enough to save this series. The acting is downright terrible in spots (Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell) and the core narrative drags. Most of the situations we find this reluctant band of heroes in feel far too contrived and not enough is done with the time periods and the people or heroes present in them. Lots of potential but unfortunately not enough was done in S1 to warrant me returning for S2.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:58 PM   #985
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Preacher so far, so good 8/10
I found the first episode boring. Has this really improved to an 8?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:48 PM   #986
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I found the first episode boring. Has this really improved to an 8?
I'm a big fan of the comic and found the first episode to be a bit boring as well. Subsequent episodes have been better but I'd probably only rate it a 6.5 or so at this point. Knowing what's coming I think it will only continue to gain steam however. It's definitely a slow burn narrative.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:03 AM   #987
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Okay maybe I'll stick with it
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:41 AM   #988
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Arrow S4 - 3.5/10

This series has declined drastically over the past two seasons. A repetitive narrative and annoying supporting cast are the biggest problems. Green Arrow doesn't even seem to be the star of the series anymore. If this show is going to survive they need to ditch Team Arrow and the soap opera sub-plots, get back to the show's vigilante roots and dip into the deep library of DC villains to fill out the antagonist roles rather than these cardboard cutouts bent on world domination. All that being said I'm out for S5 so it may be too little, too late for many fans like myself.

I agree that Arrow is nowhere near as good as it was and that the villains are getting a bit silly and each season finale seems to have to out do the last but I think 3.5 is a little harsh. I'm hoping with the events in the last episode that season 5 can get back to the show's roots and be good again. Fingers crossed
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:45 AM   #989
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Homeland Season 4 - 9/10. Edge of our seats the whole time. When is season 5 available on Amazon?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #990
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarron View Post
I agree that Arrow is nowhere near as good as it was and that the villains are getting a bit silly and each season finale seems to have to out do the last but I think 3.5 is a little harsh. I'm hoping with the events in the last episode that season 5 can get back to the show's roots and be good again. Fingers crossed
Well, I enjoyed nothing in S4 and struggled mightily to stay with it. I lost count of how many times I rolled my eyes. From the awful pointless flashbacks, to the absurdity surrounding anything to do with Malcolm Merlin, to the amount of time we're forced to spend watching Felicity sitting in front of her computer screen or arguing with her family members or emoting in her temporary wheel chair..... I could go on but I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.

Given a 5 is supposed to be average I actually think my 3.5 is generous and it really only gets that based on the good will it built in previous seasons. It was enough to make me bail on a series I used to enjoy, so it was pretty bad.