Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-07-2019, 05:57 PM   #981
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I don't get why they ship the boxes that way. Those foam corner protectors are not as secure as it would be to just have the outer boxes close enough in size to the inner box to where there isn't really any space between them.
They are there to add a layer of protection to the statues, and they work quite well. I cant tell you how many time my outer box looked liked crap but the inner box made it through unscathed because of those things.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:18 PM   #982
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I don't get why they ship the boxes that way. Those foam corner protectors are not as secure as it would be to just have the outer boxes close enough in size to the inner box to where there isn't really any space between them.
They’re great imo, as long as they also use the foam inserts that fill the gaps on all 6 sides between the shipper and the art boxes.

It’s when they don’t, when the shipping boxes themselves become more susceptible to tears and holes.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:56 PM   #983
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
My Ex has arrived. Gorgeous statue, great paint apps as usual with Prime 1 (that skin...), but I've joined the broken legged Selina club.
My condolences. I was hoping i was the first and only a fluke. Seems like its turning into a thing now but it would need something like XM’s error rate disclosures to make a proper judgment.
Jiggatron69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:56 PM   #984
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I've joined the wobbly, broken leg club as well. Also has an unpainted part on her main body. Let's see what that makes this....

AK Harley Quinn - Great

Spiderman 2099 - Broken cape/second cape so horribly warped that the hairdryer trick wasn't working

1/2 WW - Broken skirt / Replacement has scratches on leg and was covered in what I can only assume is polystone mist

Anti-Venom - Scratched base that I decided to live with

Venom - Broken tendril

Catwoman - Crappy manufacturing and paint application

6 pieces from Prime 1, 5 screwed up....they looking good with that 16.7% success rate.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #985
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Yeah, the number of issues Prime1 has had here recently is alarming.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #986
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I've joined the wobbly, broken leg club as well. Also has an unpainted part on her main body. Let's see what that makes this....

AK Harley Quinn - Great

Spiderman 2099 - Broken cape/second cape so horribly warped that the hairdryer trick wasn't working

1/2 WW - Broken skirt / Replacement has scratches on leg and was covered in what I can only assume is polystone mist

Anti-Venom - Scratched base that I decided to live with

Venom - Broken tendril

Catwoman - Crappy manufacturing and paint application

6 pieces from Prime 1, 5 screwed up....they looking good with that 16.7% success rate.
I also want to make it clear that the leg was not a shipping problem. The root of the problem clearly happened at the factory (doesn't seem glued securely).

**edit - Upon closer inspection, mine is actually broken. I initially thought it was a glue issue.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:15 PM   #987
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
I also want to make it clear that the leg was not a shipping problem. The root of the problem clearly happened at the factory (doesn't seem glued securely).

**edit - Upon closer inspection, mine is actually broken. I initially thought it was a glue issue.
Man....this is starting to look like a shipping container issue
Jiggatron69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:04 AM   #988
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

So that’s four people who have reported broken leg issues.

Sort of like some people were getting broken legs on the Iron Studios 1/4 Mark 43 piece, though I think that may have only been on the second edition run. I’m still waiting for mine to break, as I know it started to lean over the first 6 months, but nothing really since.

And I’ve got the regular for this CW piece coming in locally. So I’m definitely crossing my fingers at the moment.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:08 AM   #989
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I am going to return it and probably won’t reorder. Something definitely seems off with the design itself with these breakages. It makes me think it will develop later problems even if it looks okay now.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:19 AM   #990
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
I am going to return it and probably won’t reorder. Something definitely seems off with the design itself with these breakages. It makes me think it will develop later problems even if it looks okay now.
You could very well be right.

I hope mine comes okay and at least lasts for 3 years, as by that time I might be rotating the piece out (probably not to sell).