Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-30-2016, 09:41 PM   #981
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
If it is really good quality, who cares? It's not like this subpar piece is cheap. If you want a definitive Predator statue, it is painfully obvious at this point that you are no longer going to get it from SS. I would rather have one really great Predator statue from XM, CoolProps or Prime 1 than a dozen SS statues that are just OK.
Exactly, that is why the older good SWS/ADI pieces go for so much(and even they are far from perfect), SS has proven they can't do it on their own.

This is yet another failure to follow the poor P2 and we haven't even seen the lesser quality production pieces yet.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:48 PM   #982
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
If it is really good quality, who cares? It's not like this subpar piece is cheap. If you want a definitive Predator statue, it is painfully obvious at this point that you are no longer going to get it from SS. I would rather have one really great Predator statue from XM, CoolProps or Prime 1 than a dozen SS statues that are just OK.
I for one definitely care. No way am I paying XM pricing, especially for a piece like Predator. You would be looking at $2000-$2500, easy. I would definitely take a Sideshow statue, which I think are well beyond just ok, especially over the last 12+ months, over spending that kind on money on an XM piece.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:53 PM   #983
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I for one definitely care. No way am I paying XM pricing, especially for a piece like Predator. You would be looking at $2000-$2500, easy.
I would definitely take a Sideshow statue, which I think are well beyond just ok, especially over the last 12+ months, over spending that kind on money on an XM piece.
No idea what you meant there (sincerely) - please explain.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:55 PM   #984
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
No idea what you meant there (sincerely) - please explain.

I mean exactly what it says, that I view the quality of Sideshow statues as being well above the level of just ok. Many of the Sideshow pieces I have gotten over the last 12-16 months have been exceptional in my book.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:07 PM   #985
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
I for one definitely care. No way am I paying XM pricing, especially for a piece like Predator. You would be looking at $2000-$2500, easy. I would definitely take a Sideshow statue, which I think are well beyond just ok, especially over the last 12+ months, over spending that kind on money on an XM piece.
If you don't want to pay XM prices, no one would be forcing you to. I'm not looking forward to paying $2,500 for a statue, but I would be more likely to pay that for a worthy piece than I would be to pay $1,200 for this or the P2.

Quote:
I mean exactly what it says, that I view the quality of Sideshow statues as being well above the level of just ok. Many of the Sideshow pieces I have gotten over the last 12-16 months have been exceptional in my book.
None of their predator pieces since the SWS P1 have been better than OK. The only exception could be the Wolf LSF, but they had ADI help on that one, and even then it was discontinued early due to QC issues.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:13 PM   #986
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Ah - you meant Sideshow statues IN GENERAL.

My bad.

I'm only really interested in their Predator stuff so had assumed you were talking about THOSE, and Sideshow's Pred & Alien stuff over the last few YEARS has not exactly been great (with a few notable exceptions).

Of the PREDATOR pieces they have delivered over the last 12-16 months, that points us at:
  • The P1 masked 1:2 LSB (pretty darn good!)
  • The 1:4 P2 maquette (well dodgy but fixable with a bit of discount money )

Unfortunately, for those bugged by the issues identified, THIS P1 maquette cannot enonomically/easily be saved via rework. That's why I didn't buy with a 10% discount offer, and wouldn't even if they offered the 20% I got off the P2.

If the issues don't bug you - that's great - and Sideshow's QC was certainly improved on both the LSB and maquette. So fingers crossed for y'all - hopefully you'll like what is delivered.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:16 PM   #987
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
I would rather have one really great Predator statue from XM, CoolProps or Prime 1 than a dozen SS statues that are just OK.

BINGO!!!
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:16 PM   #988
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
None of their predator pieces since the SWS P1 have been better than OK. The only exception could be the Wolf LSF, but they had ADI help on that one, and even then it was discontinued early due to QC issues.
Sideshow has raised thier game considerably over the last 12-16 months so past mistakes don't mean anything to me. Its thier current and future pieces that I am interested in and I have more confidence in Sideshow right now than I have ever had in the past. In fact, I consider 2016 to be thier best year to date. And I think this Predator looks FAR better than just ok. So we will just have to agree to disagree on that one. Is it perfect? Nope, but I still think ts an amazing piece and spending an extra $1000-$1500+ so I could get a version from XM that might be a little bit better...well, definitely wouldn't be worth it in my book. I would definitely be sticking with Sideshow on this one. There have only been 4-5 XM pieces to date that truly impressed me to the point where I would pay the money required to get them.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:19 PM   #989
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Easy? Are you serious? If it's not a convention exclusive it's not as high in price as your stating. You're assuming this will be an con exclusive stating that price when you don't know yet my friend.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:23 PM   #990
OrangeCrush
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
Easy? Are you serious? If it's not a convention exclusive it's not as high in price as your stating. You're assuming this will be an con exclusive stating that price when you don't know yet my friend.
I'm dead serious. Given the popularity of everything Predator, I gurantee people in the US would be lucky to be able to get an XM version for under $2000-2500. The mark-up would be considerable on the secondary market. And it would sell out instantly.