Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #271
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
That really sucks, especially with no way to really fix it. Is there a way you could to shim it without making it to noticeable? Perhaps paint the shim to somewhat match the mud.
You mean something like this Bronze Rex? Looks like there is something under his right leg

No, already try it, because when I put something under the feet and make it into the right pose, the tip of toes are 5mm above the ground footprint and it looks ugly
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:09 AM   #272
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
That really sucks, especially with no way to really fix it. Is there a way you could to shim it without making it to noticeable? Perhaps paint the shim to somewhat match the mud.
Heat gun and a prayer are about all that will fix that poor rex.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:16 AM   #273
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Heat gun and a prayer are about all that will fix that poor rex.
You really think that would work? I'm not sure, I know it would work on vinyl and resin, but this is polystone, this thing is like a concrete. Also, no matter I'm not satisfied with the paint, do you think that exposing it to temperature (probably longer than vinyl or resin) would burn the paint? I've tried to google something about heating polystone and fixing statues but couldn't find anything
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 04:53 AM   #274
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
You really think that would work? I'm not sure, I know it would work on vinyl and resin, but this is polystone, this thing is like a concrete. Also, no matter I'm not satisfied with the paint, do you think that exposing it to temperature (probably longer than vinyl or resin) would burn the paint? I've tried to google something about heating polystone and fixing statues but couldn't find anything
Polystone IS basically resin, it will get mailable eventually. Yes, the paint might be an issue, but IMO it's un-displayable anyway to why not try it.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:54 AM   #275
Airnoname
Frackin!

They didn’t hear one complaint so I did send an email to their superior customer service but it’s been over a week and I got no response.
Airnoname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:57 PM   #276
Unknown Hero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airnoname View Post
They didn’t hear one complaint so I did send an email to their superior customer service but it’s been over a week and I got no response.
Call them.
Unknown Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:58 PM   #277
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Thanks VickPS! You're right, I did the custom work and Shane Foulkes painted it
Friend of mine tried to pull out the pins on his BO Rex for some reason, think he wanted to display it without the base, thought it will stand on it's own... Anyway, when he tried to pull out the pin, the leg cracked
Recently when i removed her from the base i seriously thought it was over for my Breakout. The space on her shelf is so tight that i inadvertently smashed her face against the wall, and heard a piece of something landing on the floor..
Now walls in my living room are strong as hell, it's a marble-like material, but the Rex still managed to break a piece of it, in the corner, remaining absolutely immaculate after. Not even a paint chip.
I couldn't believe my eyes, and suddently realized how durable these pieces are, even if partially hollow.
But yeah, it's imo impossible to remove those pins without getting the legs destroyed in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I meant a future one they eventually do like their rotunda, the current one P1 has shown is not that good.
Got you.
I still pre-ordered the 1/15 one because Julien model is the closest thing to the original animatronic ever produced and i needed that Prime 1 goat, but i think their Rotunda is probably my most anticipated piece ever right know.. and couldn't be any different after the pics and videos of their shipped Killer Croc.
Rex vs Velociraptor in 1:8 will blow minds, i just can't wait for the unveiling.

Quote:
I would personally keep the leaning Breakout as is since it's not really all that noticeable if you've never seen another one.. but if you really want to fix it that's like the only way. And could be relatively easily done by an expert willing to resculpt in case something goes wrong, which is almost certain.

Quote:
Their customer service has always been impeccable with me, i couldn't ask for more, really.
Heather is JP canon for me.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #278
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Rex vs Velociraptor in 1:8 will blow minds, i just can't wait for the unveiling.
You and me both. Do we know when it is being unveiled? I hope it's soon so I can decide between it or CC's Rotunda Rex. I mean I'm pretty sure which I'll go with, but gotta see pics before making a final decision.

As for CC's customer service I think Heather is swamped day in and day out and it takes time to get a response. I know the couple times I sent an email it took a while to get a response.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:24 PM   #279
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
You and me both. Do we know when it is being unveiled? I hope it's soon so I can decide between it or CC's Rotunda Rex. I mean I'm pretty sure which I'll go with, but gotta see pics before making a final decision.
I heard soon..

Quote:
As for CC's customer service I think Heather is swamped day in and day out and it takes time to get a response. I know the couple times I sent an email it took a while to get a response.
I think that's because her responses are always so long and perfectly written, i think she really cares about each interation with each customer.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:22 AM   #280
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
They probably just got back in from the holidays and have a huge backlog.