Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 09-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #51
JBElliott
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I agree. As a predominantly DC collector, I find myself salavating at the wonderful offerings produced by SS. When DCD is charging me $50-$100.00 more for a Museum Quality over a PF I hope it would be vastly superior. While Batman was underrrated, WW was awesome and GL has potential three comprable SS pieces offer more for the money.
The SS PFs go for between $250 (Spider-Man) and $500 (Abomination), at least that's those are the prices I see on their website.

The DCD PFs go for $300.

So the prices are about the same.

The DCD Batman piece was good, the WW piece was very good. The Superman piece was bad and the GL piece looks bad too me.

The SS PFs also run the gamut from bad (Spider-Man) to very good (Captain America).

So I don't see a big difference in price or quality. Of course "quality" is a personal opinion and I've stated mine.

SS has produced more PFs that DCD.
JBElliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #52
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magik View Post
I find that DCD's pricing is very inflated. I would never buy anything at their advertised retail price. Having said that however, I found what looks to be pretty good deals on the Batman vs. Killer Croc and Wonder Woman vs. Ares statues. I pre-ordered both. It seems that pre-sellers are willing to deeply discount off the regular retail price to move them.
or the retail price is way over inflated,people who pay retail for the DC pieces should be burnt at the stake,they are the ones driving the cost upwards and are also the first ones to complain about price hikes.if anything i have learnt from years of collecting is ,never ever buy anything at retail unless it's a sideshow must have exclusive and that too is very rare nowadays.
people who think they cant get those ittty bitty batman B and W statues cannot be had for like atleast (and i mean at least) 60 to 70% of their retail price really like wasting money.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #53
junta
Fantastic Four

I think DCD prices are high because they use porcelain and not polystone. Im ok with it because I'm not satisfied with "Stone like".
junta is offline   Reply With Quote