Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
A Broken Athena

Man oh man! I received an ARH Athena statue today and to my dismay, the perch on the base that the owl sits upon was completely broken in two places. In addition, there was a nice size chip off the golden designs on the base and horse. I contacted Secret Compass Collectibles via email and am now waiting on a word from them.

The weird thing is, the packaging arrived in great condition. There were no sizeable dings, or folds in the shipping package, and the plain white box Athena comes in was fine as well.

Once again, I harp on these companies that are selling high quality collectibles with CHEAP ASS STYROFOAM to get out of that crap! I wouldn't be complaining if this was a $90 statue or something close to it. This is damn near a $400 statue, and it should be packaged with the utmost care to us customers.

This is the same damn problem that occurred with the PCS Scorpion statue and why I shied away from getting it. This has got to stop! If anyone has contact with Averone or ARH directly, please, please, please tell them to stop with this crumbly styrofoam.

Whats more important, when these collectibles have protruding or sharp parts to them, they should be sculpted separately and attached to the statue or base via magnets or pegs. This would greatly eliminate a large portion of these problems with these statues. Engineering is a huge, huge, huge component of statue making and sculpting.

This is a shame, as the Athena herself came in excellent condition! The paint job on the base and the figure herself is phenomenal! But what good is it when crap arrives broken? So disappointed!

I really want this statue. I hope they can replace it with an unbroken one.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
FROBAY
Phoenix

Sorry to hear that. Arahom will most certainly fix that for you or exchange. He is good at making things right with his customers, Just email him. I find alot of the damages is from thos piece of Sh1t people in customs that inspect it and break it at the same time, because they are upset they have to do their job and cant sit on their asses all day. Just my opinion and my personal experience.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
loricstone
Kang

That wouldn't surprise me. It seemed like someone inspected it then put the plastic and paper that surrounds the statue back in just any old way. Most of the base was uncovered, and uhhhh.....
Old 05-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

That looks like a "shock" break. The styrofoam doesn't get damaged but if the box is dropped sometimes certain places break like that.

Double bad news is I think that there are no more of these anywhere in captivity and your options will likely be have Arahom fix it for you or take a full refund and go without the statue.

Unless the retailer has more, they might I guess. Sideshow and ARH are all out I know that.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The extended arm of my athena came broken but right at the arm cuff so i was able to glue it back with no noticible damage to it.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #6
Astounding
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I believe they will make it right for you, either by replacement or repair. If not, let me know. I'm sure I can repair it. Wouldn't want you to go without a statue.

-Astounding
Astounding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #7
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

I had problem with my AP Medusa and Arahom did a good job repairing it. See if you can contact him! ARH was very easy to deal with (Gotta admit...I can be a pain in the @$$ 'sometimes').
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #8
skorpsta
Ghost

so sorry bro..hope all works out
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:22 AM   #9
Halcyon
Loki

If Athena herself came in perfect condition, I would only ask for a replacement of the base.
Keep what is perfect, bcs sometimes replacing the whole box will result in the opposite "Excellent base and e.g. subpar figure".
Anyway good luck.
Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #10
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
If Athena herself came in perfect condition, I would only ask for a replacement of the base.
Keep what is perfect, bcs sometimes replacing the whole box will result in the opposite "Excellent base and e.g. subpar figure".
Anyway good luck.
Yeah that is what Secret Compass just told me. They said ARH would replace the base free, I just have to send the base by itself to ARH. Now I am just waiting for word on how I should ship it.

Would I just take the base out and ship it in a brown box separately? Or do I take the figure out and all the pieces and send the original box with just the base? Well, I hope to hear back from them tomorrow.

This is one heavy statue (most of that is due to the base). One problem is that the base is so heavy, that its protruding through the styrofoam. One small jolt taking it out and it would fall through.